DraftKings employee wins fanduel 350K with Inside Informatio

Cdh

Re: DraftKings employee wins fanduel 350K with Inside Inform

Post by Cdh » Wed Oct 07, 2015 10:17 pm

First off I don't care what that guys win percentage is. He knew the percent owned beforehand and set as many Lineups as he wanted using "contrarian" plays.

I was somewhat encouraged by the msg from fan duel saying none of their employees will be allowed to play dfs anymore...it's a start.

But that info from The Franchise is alarming. Seems like they don't give a damn and do what they want. I'm no high roller but I deposit much more than I should on those two damn websites. I may continue to play some but at most 10% what I do now. The game is rigged. I don't care what Jeff Mans says. I'd have had a better chance of cashing if I played VJax last week too. If I'd only known he was .05% owned before kickoff. Is draft kings hiring???

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Thu Oct 08, 2015 3:57 am

Fanduel and Draftkings better get their act straightened up, and fast. Or the party is going to be ended by "big government".

Better start posting complete player records and % of players owned. Better stop all shady tactics, like letting players write computer scripts to change potentially hundreds of lineups at the last minute due to late breaking information. Better start paying out a better %. Or it's going to be lights out.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:42 am

Cdh wrote:
I was somewhat encouraged by the msg from fan duel saying none of their employees will be allowed to play dfs anymore...it's a start.
IMO this isn't a start, it is just "lip service".

Does anyone TRULY believe that these guys won't be using friends, family, etc. to play? If you don't think that will happen, please PM me.....I have a great investment deal....it's in the shape of a pyramid. :)

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:26 am

BillyWaz wrote:
Cdh wrote:
IMO this isn't a start, it is just "lip service".

Does anyone TRULY believe that these guys won't be using friends, family, etc. to play? If you don't think that will happen, please PM me.....I have a great investment deal....it's in the shape of a pyramid. :)

Exactly. These guys have there dummy accounts already set up. I find it hard to believe people are naive to think that employees are just going to stop playing.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Cdh

Post by Cdh » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:54 am

True, true. I agree. To be honest I hardly trust people I know. Much less someone sticking their hand in my pocket. I'm really leaning to deleting my accounts.

Fourslot40

Post by Fourslot40 » Thu Oct 08, 2015 11:07 am

I am curious to know whether the third party audit will reveal anything different from what we already know and whether they would even reveal anything if they did find something seeing the potential losses at stake.

Percentage owned information really only impacts the large field tournaments (GPP's). Anyone who focuses on GPP's will most likely lose the vast majority of contests/ money. There is a significant advantage for players with larger bankrolls. Not necessarily from a skill standpoint even though many are skilled, but from a probability standpoint. For many who haven't had much experience with DFS or don't have the funds for a large amount of entries, it makes the most sense to focus the majority of entry fees on "single entry" format cash games and sprinkle in big prize GPP's to be a part of it. Single entry leagues, 50/50, booster or head-to-head contests.

The key is single entry. Single entry eliminates the capital advantage. Some 50/50 and booster formats are "multi-entry" and these large bankroll sharks will run the "train". The train is taking one lineup and entering the field 10-15 times and if it hits, it eats up a larger percentage of the first 50%, making it harder for the single entry to succeed. You will see several trains in these large multi-entry 50/50 and booster formats. On Fanduel, look for a single blue dot next to the desired format that calls out single-entry only. If there is an orange and blue dot, it's multi-entry. Just an opinion, however I do recommend putting aside a small percentage for GPP's, because much like the lottery someone can put together the right combination in any given day.

I'll say one more thing on this controversy. I was an original customer of Fanduel back in 2010 from the beginning. If it's a matter of insiders knowing just the percentage owned, that will not deter me from playing. I could have told anyone that some of these players would have been low owned without the info. If insiders have the access to compete against other teams in any entry where they can analyze other starting lineups and then create their lineup accordingly or if they can manipulate lineups after a contest has started, then it's a killshot. I have at times posted phony lineups right until gametime and made last minute changes just in case something wasn't on the up-and-up.

JETS SB

Post by JETS SB » Thu Oct 08, 2015 2:20 pm

Cdh wrote:First off I don't care what that guys win percentage is. He knew the percent owned beforehand and set as many Lineups as he wanted using "contrarian" plays.

But that info from The Franchise is alarming. Seems like they don't give a damn and do what they want. I'm no high roller but I deposit much more than I should on those two damn websites. I may continue to play some but at most 10% what I do now. The game is rigged. I don't care what Jeff Mans says. I'd have had a better chance of cashing if I played VJax last week too. If I'd only known he was .05% owned before kickoff. Is draft kings hiring???
I disagree. Knowing % owned gives very little if any advantage to anyone. If I had known Vincent Jackson was only .5% owned, I still wouldn't have played him. Please explain to me how knowing what the % owned of a player is going to effect how he actually performs. Aaron Rodgers could be 50% owned, but if I think he is going to have a great week and his salary is not too high, I am playing him and looking for bargains elsewhere. This entire thing is so overblown, its ridiculous. Ethan Haskell won $350,000 in a FanDuel contest and probably is barely in the positive in the past year. Someone explain to me how exactly does knowing the percentage owned of a player effect how many points he is going to score........

TR

Post by TR » Thu Oct 08, 2015 5:25 pm

JETS SB wrote:
Cdh wrote:First off I don't care what that guys win percentage is. He knew the percent owned beforehand and set as many Lineups as he wanted using "contrarian" plays.

I disagree. Knowing % owned gives very little if any advantage to anyone. If I had known Vincent Jackson was only .5% owned, I still wouldn't have played him. Please explain to me how knowing what the % owned of a player is going to effect how he actually performs. Aaron Rodgers could be 50% owned, but if I think he is going to have a great week and his salary is not too high, I am playing him and looking for bargains elsewhere. This entire thing is so overblown, its ridiculous. Ethan Haskell won $350,000 in a FanDuel contest and probably is barely in the positive in the past year. Someone explain to me how exactly does knowing the percentage owned of a player effect how many points he is going to score........
Knowing percentage owned is absolutely an advantage...winners of those big tournies usually have at east 1 player who isn't highly owned...that's what separates them. Many of them play multiple entries and and obviously increases their "contrarian" play entry chances knowing who exactly is lowly owned to use in those lineups. If that info gives little to no advantage to anyone, then fanduel and DK should have no problem making it readily available to EVERYONE to use as they choose..not just employees. If Aaron Rodgers is 50% owned and u are high on him and play him that week...what about the rest of your lineup? Say you have 2 bargain players evaluated very close...wouldn't u rather use 1 who is 1% owned than 50% or higher to increase ur odds of separating from the pack who already has rodgers in big tourny?

BLACKHAND

Post by BLACKHAND » Thu Oct 08, 2015 6:58 pm

Even if they released those numbers , would they be accurate. I don't believe a word out of there mouth. There is no way that their numbers will not be down this week but somehow they will announce otherwise. Can't trust them at all.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN