Mid-July BBDS league

King of Queens

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by King of Queens » Tue Jul 04, 2006 12:19 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
RiFF, I like your method better, but in reality, it would only work in a live format. KoQ; I do not believe that my discussed method for BBDS ia any less relevant when owners submit their Slot preferences and Bid amounts. After all submissions are received, it would be a simple process of sorting through all submissions and assigning draft slots based on preference and bid amounts. [/QUOTE]Sounds like you'll be a big fan of KDS!

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Jul 04, 2006 1:23 pm

Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
I do find humor in the response of others coming at you with such a critical voice. And then poo-poo'ign you to "another thread" when you started with just getting qualifaction on the process is a bit rude. i champion good ideas and poo-poo bad ones. sorry if you can’t understand (or want to understand that).

p.s. i received a C- in my manners class at finishing school.

thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

mikeybok

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by mikeybok » Tue Jul 04, 2006 4:26 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BubbasHouse:
I do find humor in the response of others coming at you with such a critical voice. And then poo-poo'ign you to "another thread" when you started with just getting qualifaction on the process is a bit rude. i champion good ideas and poo-poo bad ones. sorry if you can’t understand (or want to understand that).

thanks.
[/QUOTE]No one on this message board will ever beleive you graduated any form of finishing school ... not a chance. :D

On the other hand GG ... you always keep a sense of humor and keep FF in proper perspective. You also don't take yourself too seriously.

I agree RIFF ... if your in Chicago ... you should hook up with our small but growing group Friday and or Saturday night (and don't let GG get to you ... he's harmless)

UYT
Hakuna Matata!

RiFF

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by RiFF » Tue Jul 04, 2006 6:37 pm

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

thanks.
[/QUOTE]No one on this message board will ever beleive you graduated any form of finishing school ... not a chance. :D

On the other hand GG ... you always keep a sense of humor and keep FF in proper perspective. You also don't take yourself too seriously.

I agree RIFF ... if your in Chicago ... you should hook up with our small but growing group Friday and or Saturday night (and don't let GG get to you ... he's harmless)

UYT
[/QUOTE]UYT, I certainly concur with your conclusions . Some people you just have to take at face value understanding exactly what it is you are getting. And as long as they continue, in a setting like this, to humor and don't take themselves too seriously, which its clear our boy GG doesn't, its only harmless chit-chat and banter. It seems at times to border on rude, boorish behavior, but I suspect he read somewhere that to foster an advantage in FF this type of nonsensical conduct served a purpose. And, LOL, to the extent he received a C- in finishing school, it would be another strong indication that the grading system in our country is becoming more and more slack.

Again, regardless of GG's latest diatribe, I view BBDS as a nice wrinkle to the current KDS system. If it proves worthy, which I suspect it will, it would be nice to see it extended within the contest. Would I like to see as much flexibility in its use as possible; absolutely. But even in its most basic form, that seems to be championed by GG et al, it is a nice step forward. So, I applaud GG for what I perceive as a good idea that adds value to the format. Or, at the very least, adds a nice twist to some of the Satellites.

Thanks for the invite in Chicago, I would have been pleased to join your group, but I'll be drafting in Las Vegas.

BillyWaz

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:11 am

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:

thanks.

UYT
[/QUOTE]Thanks for the invite in Chicago, I would have been pleased to join your group, but I'll be drafting in Las Vegas.
[/QUOTE]Oh good, now you can hang out with Gekko! :D WOuld like to have met you also Riff, as we have a "past" in the Fantasy Jungle! ;)

Greg Ambrosius

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:24 am

And you guys wonder why BBDS isn't part of the main event!!! Wow. We can't even agree on this test league to get it done. How could we introduce this to the masses? :D

As per Gekko's instruction, I'm going to look at the highest bids of pick No. 1, then No. 2, then No. 3, etc. I also wasn't sure if we were using preferences per spot as I could have done that, but it definitely is tougher. I thought in one satellite league last year you guys did it this way. I'll do what I'm told and announce the selections before I leave for a well deserved vacation! :D

Personally, if you want a spot badly enough, bid highly for it and have lower bids for the top spots. Then you'll get your preference. FAAB also takes your highest bid, so this is consistent with FAAB. Good luck everyone and get your bids into me before 4 p.m. EST. I have half of the owners' bids right now.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Gordon Gekko

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:30 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
As per Gekko's instruction, I'm going to look at the highest bids of pick No. 1, then No. 2, then No. 3, etc. greg - regarless of what draft slot it is, you need to take the highest bid amount for all 14 owners and award that draft slot to that owner. that owner and draft slot are removed from future consideration.

do NOT start with draft slot one and see who bid the most.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 05, 2006 2:56 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
As per Gekko's instruction, I'm going to look at the highest bids of pick No. 1, then No. 2, then No. 3, etc. greg - regarless of what draft slot it is, you need to take the highest bid amount for all 14 owners and award that draft slot to that owner. that owner and draft slot are removed from future consideration.

do NOT start with draft slot one and see who bid the most.
[/QUOTE]Got it. 11 owners are in with their bids, so I'm just waiting on three more. Should be interesting.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Mid-July BBDS league

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 05, 2006 3:07 am

Well I was going to send out a thread to make sure everyone got their bids in, but since there are only 3 people, I think we are good.

I too originally thought KDS was a backup plan for all those tied and $0 bids, but it really shouldn't matter much at all, as IMO, you should bid SOMETHING for all of your picks with the exception of your least desired pick, which should be $0.

Can't wait to see all these bids, as I assume they will be e-mailed (not posted on the MB) Greg???

A few "trolls" around here want to continue to "jump on coattails" and get a free ride so they can get a MUCH needed advantage on the competition down the road! :D