Team Kicker Draft Champions Rehash

Jim A

Re: Team Kicker Draft Champions Rehash

Post by Jim A » Wed Sep 07, 2016 7:37 am

the guy has 3 kickers and he is complaining? WTF???
I don't like team kickers. Part of the skill of picking a good team is knowing what situations to avoid. This is why we have a bench, right? Go thin and you take the risk of injury or suspension. Go too deep and you risk losing depth at other spots. If a team kicker, why not also have a team QB???

DrEvil1996

Post by DrEvil1996 » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:54 pm

With Andrew Franks getting cut for Cody Parkey, the random kicker carousel keeps spinning this year. By most accounts he had decent job safety and was not in a competition like many others were, something I only know because I wasted time researching every kicker situation before starting on Draft Champions drafts.

This is a long thread where I've given my reasons for getting rid of kickers multiple times so I won't rehash it all because nothing has really changed. Just want to remind the NFFC leaders that they are behind the curve in leaving kickers in this format and removing them would give me (and hopefully others) more incentive to enter more drafts in this format earlier in the year (i.e. before training camp).

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Sep 03, 2017 12:59 pm

I don't think it's fair to say we're behind the curve. It's very possible that others don't see the position the way we do and/or value it far less than we do. We're among the few who utilize 3RR and KDS. Should we abandon that since others aren't following suit and most contests and leagues don't use either one, much less both? I don't think so unless it was made abundantly clear such a change needed to be made. But as always, we'll discuss potential rule changes after the season.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Sun Sep 03, 2017 3:58 pm

Keep the rule the way it is and has been since the dawn of fantasy football.
DON'T WATER DOWN THE PRODUCT
Draft an extra kicker. Do your homework. Quit complaining.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Sep 03, 2017 4:27 pm

DrEvil1996 wrote:With Andrew Franks getting cut for Cody Parkey, the random kicker carousel keeps spinning this year. By most accounts he had decent job safety and was not in a competition like many others were, something I only know because I wasted time researching every kicker situation before starting on Draft Champions drafts.

This is a long thread where I've given my reasons for getting rid of kickers multiple times so I won't rehash it all because nothing has really changed. Just want to remind the NFFC leaders that they are behind the curve in leaving kickers in this format and removing them would give me (and hopefully others) more incentive to enter more drafts in this format earlier in the year (i.e. before training camp).
I think it's something that could be considered for the Draft Champions format moreso than the regular FAAB leagues. We can discuss after the drafting season is over.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:35 pm

Given the amount of turnover this year, I'm warming up to the team-K idea.

I know eliminating K has been discussed too ... I'm 100% against that, but the team solution might be a reasonable compromise so long as it isn't step one in eliminating the position entirely.

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Sun Sep 03, 2017 5:40 pm

I have preached making PK a part of D/ST for years...
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Mon Sep 04, 2017 12:31 am

KenGill wrote:Keep the rule the way it is and has been since the dawn of fantasy football.
DON'T WATER DOWN THE PRODUCT
Draft an extra kicker. Do your homework. Quit complaining.
My opinion, too.

Mark
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

KenGill

Post by KenGill » Mon Sep 04, 2017 2:08 am

Kicking has gotten more important not less thanks to the NFL moving the extra point line back. You can throw darts if you want, and you'll be ok most of the time. But if you're going to throw darts you better draft at least 2 kickers to cover yourself. I drafted 3 in my league. Blair Walsh, Dustin Hopkins, and Roberto Aguayo. Aguaho was released, twice in the preseason. I am now down to two kickers.

Don't expect to be bailed out by a watered down rule i.e. 'team kicker'. Kickers count.
I never lost a game. I only ran out of time. Bobby Layne
Kid....if you're going to make it in this league, you're going to have to learn to drink. Bobby Layne

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 04, 2017 6:29 am

kjduke wrote:Given the amount of turnover this year, I'm warming up to the team-K idea.

I know eliminating K has been discussed too ... I'm 100% against that, but the team solution might be a reasonable compromise so long as it isn't step one in eliminating the position entirely.
Eliminating kickers ain't happening here. It's an important part of football, like it or not.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius