My Week 2 Vibes

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 8:58 am

The WCOFF is a great event, Glenn. No question about that. Greg and I had a blast in Vegas and are pumped about taking part this year. Losing the one game makes things different and it does impact the draft. But like Rob said, being in Vegas for the opening weekend offsets a lot of that.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

KOTRAX

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:10 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
If you drafted someone like Roethlisberger or Romo or even Delhomme it didn't matter if you had Brees as your QB1. All it meant was a shift in strategy. I stand behind it - it's absolutely criminal that he fell as far as he did and Bush going into the second round of some drafts was a major gift too. AGREED TOM. HOWEVER THOSE ARE QB'S WHO DID WELL THIS WEEK. IF YOU DRAFTED LEINART, LOSMAN, OR RIVERS YOU WOULD HAVE BEEN SCREWED.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:13 am

I wouldn't have drafted Rivers to back up Brees due to the difficult matchup. I'm not a Losman guy so he wouldn't even have been on my radar. I was surprised Leinart played so bad in the opener so in theory I could've missed on him. But even if that was the case you still have Brees for the next 9 games and that should help your team considerably.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any justification in letting Brees fall as far as he did unless you were gambling he would so you could snap him up 3-4 rounds later than he should have gone. That's a gamble but congrats to anyone who rolled the dice and got him because that's a gamble that could turn out big.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

3INTBOY

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:21 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I wouldn't have drafted Rivers to back up Brees due to the difficult matchup. I'm not a Losman guy so he wouldn't even have been on my radar. I was surprised Leinart played so bad in the opener so in theory I could've missed on him. But even if that was the case you still have Brees for the next 9 games and that should help your team considerably.

I'm sorry, but I can't see any justification in letting Brees fall as far as he did unless you were gambling he would so you could snap him up 3-4 rounds later than he should have gone. That's a gamble but congrats to anyone who rolled the dice and got him because that's a gamble that could turn out big. I never take a QB before the 7th round.

Unless it's a guy that I believe would be a Top 3 player at his position and Brees is that guy. I selected him at the 5/12 6/1 turn and consider it a gift beyond belief. He has 350 point potential, and I had 5 players on my roster already.
Very nice. I started Garrard week 1, scored 153+points, and lost.
I also picked up Colston as my #2 behind Chad, and I'm pretty happy about that as well.

Nice start, but with 25+from
The Vikings, Plaxico, LaMont, Romo, Randy and AD I think we'll have to wait for the truly solid teams to make their way out of the woods.

3'

[ September 12, 2007, 03:22 PM: Message edited by: 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com ]

KOTRAX

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by KOTRAX » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:37 am

YES I SEE YOUR GUYS POINTS BUT SOME PEOPLE GET INTIMIDATED BY THE SHORTEN WCOFF SEASON. NOW TRUE YOU WILL HAVE BREES FOR THE NEXT NINE GAMES AND YOU HAVE TO LOOK AT THE MATCHUPS TO SEE OF THOSE NINE HOW MANY IS HE GOING TO PUT UP GOOD STATS IN. LIKE THIS WEEK I DON'T THINK HE WILL HAVE A GREAT GAME BECAUSE I DON'T THINK HE WILL NEED TO. T.B IS SO BAD ON OFFENSE THEY COULD PROBABLY WIN THIS GAME BY SCORING 17PTS. SO IN EFFECT IT EFFECTS HIM. IF MCALLISTER AND OR BUSH GET TWO EARLY TD RUNS I THINK BREES WONT HAVE MUCH FANTASY WISE. JUST MY OPINION.

[ September 12, 2007, 03:40 PM: Message edited by: KOTRAX ]

da bears

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by da bears » Wed Sep 12, 2007 9:39 am

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

I'm sorry, but I can't see any justification in letting Brees fall as far as he did unless you were gambling he would so you could snap him up 3-4 rounds later than he should have gone. That's a gamble but congrats to anyone who rolled the dice and got him because that's a gamble that could turn out big. I never take a QB before the 7th round.

Unless it's a guy that I believe would be a Top 3 player at his position and Brees is that guy. I selected him at the 5/12 6/1 turn and consider it a gift beyond belief. He has 350 point potential, and I had 5 players on my roster already.
Very nice. I started Garrard week 1, scored 153+points, and lost.
I also picked up Colston as my #2 behind Chad, and I'm pretty happy about that as well.

Nice start, but with 25+from
The Vikings, Plaxico, LaMont, Romo, Randy and AD I think we'll have to wait for the truly solid teams to make their way out of the woods.

3'
[/QUOTE]Yeah Brees going at 5.12/6.1 is crazy. I agree 100% with you Lou about the truly solid teams emerging later. Alot of top fantasy players had a rough start in week 1. I really think that alot of these guys aren't really ready to play in week 1 due to very little or no action in the preseason and thus get off to slow starts. That's why never give up on a guy too early.

[ September 12, 2007, 03:39 PM: Message edited by: da bears ]
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by renman » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:10 am

Did I seriously see Brees fell to the SEVENTH? He would not have gotten past the 5 in my league... I could not agree more with Tom on this one... that is the kind of thing that can win you high stakes fantasy football titles... Brees may end up having a down season (doubtful with those weapons and that schedule), or might get hurt... but based on potential, that is unreal he could drop that far off one game where you could easily replace him with QB2... Wow.

mikeybok

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by mikeybok » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:36 am

Originally posted by renman:
Did I seriously see Brees fell to the SEVENTH? He would not have gotten past the 5 in my league... I could not agree more with Tom on this one... that is the kind of thing that can win you high stakes fantasy football titles... Brees may end up having a down season (doubtful with those weapons and that schedule), or might get hurt... but based on potential, that is unreal he could drop that far off one game where you could easily replace him with QB2... Wow. I didn't like him to begin with ... probably would have considered him in the fifth if everyone else passed on him in the NFFC. But you need to account for only 12 teams in the WCOFF. And consider the draft was AFTER his dismal performance with INDY. Early in the 7th is 73rd - 75th picks. Thant would put him early in the 6th as the 73rd pick in a NFFC draft. You also need to consider QB's arn't as thin in the WCOFF. Early 7th might even be early for him considering those factors IMHO. Thats a lot of risk considering INDY wasn't considered a top Defense and it was a total blow up.
Hakuna Matata!

3INTBOY

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by 3INTBOY » Wed Sep 12, 2007 10:46 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by renman:
Did I seriously see Brees fell to the SEVENTH? He would not have gotten past the 5 in my league... I could not agree more with Tom on this one... that is the kind of thing that can win you high stakes fantasy football titles... Brees may end up having a down season (doubtful with those weapons and that schedule), or might get hurt... but based on potential, that is unreal he could drop that far off one game where you could easily replace him with QB2... Wow. I didn't like him to begin with ... probably would have considered him in the fifth if everyone else passed on him in the NFFC. But you need to account for only 12 teams in the WCOFF. And consider the draft was AFTER his dismal performance with INDY. Early in the 7th is 73rd - 75th picks. Thant would put him early in the 6th as the 73rd pick in a NFFC draft. You also need to consider QB's arn't as thin in the WCOFF. Early 7th might even be early for him considering those factors IMHO. Thats a lot of risk considering INDY wasn't considered a top Defense and it was a total blow up. [/QUOTE]I'm confused by this post. :confused:

Early 7th may be high? He had:
Eric Johnson, Terrence Copper, Devery Henderson, Reggie Bush, Duece McAllister and Marques Colston drafted for FF purposes.

I'd say early 7th/mid 6th based on league is a steal. That is one seriously weaponized QB.

3'

mikeybok

My Week 2 Vibes

Post by mikeybok » Wed Sep 12, 2007 11:28 am

I would be curious to know what other QB's were available at that point. I know some people had him as the 2nd and third QB ... I didn't. I had him 6th ... and he dropped because of the INDY game ... yea it's only one game ... but it was one very ugly game against a supposedly low ranked defense.
Hakuna Matata!