Article Regarding Fanball

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Thu Jan 20, 2011 2:16 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
So if you want to dive in now's the time. The water's great. Trust me. Tom and Greg have confirmed: the water's great! :D

In all seriousness, this is fantastic news. Can't wait to hear all the details.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Jan 21, 2011 5:10 am

Nice picture KOQ!!! :D Nice.

Yes, the NFFC is alive and well and we won't skip a beat over here. Liberty Media is working on all of the 2010 NFFC payments now and they will pay everyone in full. We're not leaving any money in Fanball accounts or passing on earned winnings to the 2011 event or anything like that. Even those who won free entries into the 2011 NFFC live events will be paid out in full, leaving no accounts open.

Then we have a plan in place for 2011 and I'll announce that once things are finalized between us. The NFFC will remain the same in name and all of the past history, records, etc., will follow me and Tom to the next stop. As I stated on the NFBC Message Boards, Liberty Media has treated us fantastically through these last 10 days and they are the reason the NFBC and NFFC will continue without missing a beat. They made a business decision on the products they owned and I totally understand that. They are a huge company and their efforts are going to be served in other areas and I understand why. But they still want all of the employees to land on their feet and stay in the industry if it's possible and I believe they want these top games to continue if possible. The NFFC will now continue to grow and prosper under different ownership.

Stay tuned for more details and I'll announce more when I hear an update on the prize payouts. I think the plan is to have all of the Fanball contests paid in full by Feb. 15th and hopefully that process will start a bit sooner than that. Again, all of the Fanball contests will be paid at once including the NFFC winners, and thus we are currently getting millions of dollars allocated to thousands of players and verifying all totals and finishes. It takes a little time, but we're on track to make this work for you and all of the prizes will be paid in full.

Thanks for all the support folks and start planning for 2011. And make sure the owners and the players do the right thing this off-season and get a labor agreement signed soon.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius