AFFL and Question to the NFFC

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Feb 16, 2008 12:02 pm

I don't know how to look at this as anything other than a trainwreck of epic proportions.

The AFFL.com message boards will be going down tomorrow, so be sure to check out everything on their boards tonight:

"I wanted to give everyone advance notice of the message board going down Sunday (2/17) through Saturday (2/23). I feel that it is necessary as we will be meeting with several investors next week, and I don't want to spook any of them."

--- Neil Wickham, Commissioner of the AFFL, 2/15/08 10:28pm

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:08 pm

He ain't paying anyone without investors.

A) He pays who he can...lawsuits from those who didn't get paid? He saves a bit of reputation for OTHER business ventures...NOT fantasy sports or sports.

B) He pays everyone with a bail out investor...and his reputation is still done for life in this industry.

C) He keeps all the money due to the lose-lose of the above scenarios.

My guess is C.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Latham

Post by Latham » Sat Feb 16, 2008 1:11 pm

Maybe they should consider hiding all financial records as well, they wouldn't want to spook the investors!

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Feb 16, 2008 5:07 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
I don't know how to look at this as anything other than a trainwreck of epic proportions.

The AFFL.com message boards will be going down tomorrow, so be sure to check out everything on their boards tonight:

"I wanted to give everyone advance notice of the message board going down Sunday (2/17) through Saturday (2/23). I feel that it is necessary as we will be meeting with several investors next week, and I don't want to spook any of them."

--- Neil Wickham, Commissioner of the AFFL, 2/15/08 10:28pm And this was the last post he put up (before he shuts it down)...

"Unfortunately we are delaying prize check payments.

We are currently in the process of speaking with venture capitalists to obtain an investment for the AFFL. For many months, we have tried various other means to obtain funding with no success. We know that the AFFL will continue to grow in future years, and that it is a great opportunity for investment.

Full prize payments are expected by the end of February.

Our growth, however, was much smaller last year than anticipated, causing us to look to outside sources for funding when until now, the AFFL has been entirely self-funded. We know that 2008 will be a turning point in which the AFFL will be self-sustained.

Thank you for your patients as we are very sorry for the delay."

Neil Wickham
Commissioner of the American Fantasy Football League

I REALLY hope some things get taken care of this week.

I am going to try and stay positive about this, but..... :(

sportsbettingman

Post by sportsbettingman » Sat Feb 16, 2008 6:51 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:

--- Neil Wickham, Commissioner of the AFFL, 2/15/08 10:28pm And this was the last post he put up (before he shuts it down)...

"Unfortunately we are delaying prize check payments.

We are currently in the process of speaking with venture capitalists to obtain an investment for the AFFL. For many months, we have tried various other means to obtain funding with no success. We know that the AFFL will continue to grow in future years, and that it is a great opportunity for investment.

Full prize payments are expected by the end of February.

Our growth, however, was much smaller last year than anticipated, causing us to look to outside sources for funding when until now, the AFFL has been entirely self-funded. We know that 2008 will be a turning point in which the AFFL will be self-sustained.

Thank you for your patients as we are very sorry for the delay."

Neil Wickham
Commissioner of the American Fantasy Football League

I REALLY hope some things get taken care of this week.

I am going to try and stay positive about this, but..... :(
[/QUOTE]Allow me to translate...

We are dissapearing tomorrow...

You will not be getting your money...

Thank you for being so sucker-idiot.

~Neil.

[ February 17, 2008, 12:54 AM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sun Feb 17, 2008 12:06 am

It's never a good feeling to get increased revenue because of a bad situation like this, but I guarantee that 1-Greg and Tom get another employee this season, or 2-Greg and Tom email SNAKE for some XANAX because of the level of new signups and all of the emails coming in with questions/comments...

2008 is going to go through the roof for the NFFC!
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:26 am

Still a back door to access the message boards:

forums.affl.com/tt.asp?forumid=4

It looks as if they disabled the link from the main page, but kept the boards intact. Of course, every post asking where the prize money is has been deleted.

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Feb 17, 2008 1:43 am

I can't see how Neil pulls this off.
Unless I'm way wrong here, why would any company want to take over that mess?

Greg,Tom,Lou or anyone that knows this business please help?

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:09 am

Neil claims the software he has is worth $850K.

If that is true (if he actually found someone who could pay that RIGHT NOW), he could sell the software, pay back EVERYONE, and all will be right in the world. He of course would have NOTHING, and AFFL would be done, but since he has a family, it is better than the alternative.... :( .

I realize how far-fetched all that is, but I'm
just trying to understand what this guy is all about.

[ February 17, 2008, 08:11 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Raiders

Post by Raiders » Sun Feb 17, 2008 2:16 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Neil claims the software he has is worth $850K.

If that is true (if he actually found someone who could pay that RIGHT NOW), he could sell the software, pay back EVERYONE, and all will be right in the world. He of course would have NOTHING, and AFFL would be done, but since he has a family, it is better than the alternative.... :( .

I realize how far-fetched all that is, but I'm
just trying to understand what this guy is all about. Thanks, I think Lenny has a idea. :D