2007 NFFC Plans

Diesel

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Diesel » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:46 am

Dr. Fisher, they can't give you a credit towards next year because they need to have incoming money to the NFFC. I went through this topic last year with Tom. Maybe you can haggle better than me...lol...But I know first hand that it can't be done.

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Dr. FI$HER

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Dr. FI$HER » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:50 am

So you telling me that the guys that place and choose free entry get W-9'ed?
FI$HER

kjduke

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by kjduke » Tue Dec 26, 2006 11:51 am

Originally posted by Dr. FI$HER:
So you telling me that the guys that place and choose free entry get W-9'ed? yes

lichtman

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by lichtman » Tue Dec 26, 2006 1:01 pm

Originally posted by Diesel-MoJo Rising:
Dr. Fisher, they can't give you a credit towards next year because they need to have incoming money to the NFFC. I went through this topic last year with Tom. Maybe you can haggle better than me...lol...But I know first hand that it can't be done.

Marc This doesn't really make any sense. Not paying out the money is worth more than paying it out and then taking in the money 8 months from now.

I believe that they don't do it because if they don't file your winnings with the IRS it makes it harder to claim them as operational expenses if they were audited.
Hello. My name is Lee Scoresby. I come from Texas, like flying hot-air balloons, being eaten by talking polar bears and fantasy football.

Greg Ambrosius

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:34 pm

Originally posted by KJ Duke:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Quahogs:
The only safe way to permit images (outside of some kind of intelligent filter) is to process new membership manually.Already suggested, and highly recommended. [/QUOTE]That is one way to go. That manually part is the part that's holding me back! :D
[/QUOTE]Greg,

Would it be possible to have a two-tiered system of membership ... those that have played in a contest have rights to post pics etc, and "guest" accounts do not?
[/QUOTE]I don't know as this is a message board that was purchased through STATS. I'll find out and see what we can do to get new members on the boards and even pictures. I just HAD to shut it all off down the stretch here to get through each day. The spammers were killing us and the photos were killing me as I was working from home with my kids around. I'll look into this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:36 pm

Originally posted by Dr. FI$HER:
Greg or Tom

Any possibility of applying any winnings towards next years entry? This will guarantee my return to NFFC and my accountant has suggested this to decrease my tax liability.

And also do the guys who win a free entry get W-9?

Thanks in advance. No, we do not apply winnings towards the next year's entry, unfortunately. Hell, Tom and I would love to do that, but as a HUGE company our accounting department wants a paper trail for everything and thus we are paying all winnings in cash and reporting those to the IRS and then recording all revenue for the following year as they come in. Trust me, signups for the next year would be much easier for Tom and I if we did it your way, but management here won't allow it and there's nothing I can say to change their minds.

Nope, free entries are not recorded as winnings. Still, most of our guys ask for the cash and then sign up later. We do allow that if they want it. But a free entry is just that.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

CC's Desperados

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Dec 26, 2006 2:58 pm

Greg, can you move the free agent pick-up time to Midnight on Friday? I hate the 4PM deadline. There is a lot that happens on Fridays. Most of us have to work and don't have computer access. The midnight time would allow the west coast players time to get home also.

Can we have a $1000 satellite league in mid-february? We can draft any college player that might get drafted. We run a FAAB period early June and one the week before the season starts.

Sack

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by Sack » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:05 pm

DHL drivers - always trying to deliver!

CC's Desperados

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by CC's Desperados » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:06 pm

Originally posted by Sack:
DHL drivers - always trying to deliver! Are you in for a $1000?

dcc1973

2007 NFFC Plans

Post by dcc1973 » Tue Dec 26, 2006 3:09 pm

Greg - as someone who is considering switching leagues next year (from the other contest), I have to tell you that moving the auction entry fee from $650 to $1250 would hurt your chances of getting me to make the switch (the $50 increase in the main event isn't a big deal). Being able to use the money I'd spend on a flight and hotel in Vegas to enter an additional fantasy league and draft in Chicago is a major factor in why I am considering switching.