NFFC Entry Fee?

Captain Hook

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:35 am

I will have to side with CC on this - there are tons of WCOFF participants who don't know about the NFFC - but there are also lots there who can't or won't do it over Labor Day Weekend; who want to be in Vegas for opening weekend of the NFL; or who are comfortable with the 12 team format and don't want to try something different.

IF people have to make a choice there are lots of other considerations involved than just the entry fee or the league size - some of you fail to realize that.

RiFF

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by RiFF » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:39 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Jersey Dawg:

Just my opinion. $50 more to pay $500 more to 3rd place is a great start.

Pete You said everything I was thinking.
[/QUOTE]This seems like such a great idea; its sure to be universally applauded. Its so great that it should be introduced retroactively!! I'm sure all 322 contestants will readily agree to having Greg hit their CC for another $50. to allow this groundbreaking concept to be introduced this year. And "trust me" my full support of introducing this idea, this year, has absolutely nothing to do with my 3rd place finish.... :eek:

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Dec 09, 2006 6:43 am

greg - since you are the only game in town for live high stakes fantasy baseball, will you look to bump up the entry fee for the nfbc main event? we need BIGGER prizes!!! thanks.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Greg Ambrosius

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:34 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
greg - since you are the only game in town for live high stakes fantasy baseball, will you look to bump up the entry fee for the nfbc main event? we need BIGGER prizes!!! thanks. The NFBC began taking signups on Oct. 3 and already has 100+ paid signups. I'm keeping everything the same price as it's always been as getting more participants has always been my No. 1 goal. As I've said often, I think the grand prize will increase through participation and through corporate/media sponsorship. This is just the early stages of the high-stakes industry and the big boys are just starting to learn about this unique fantasy sports industry. Lenny and I both know that as we're talking to the same folks. I trust that we'll get to the levels you all want someday, but I envision those prize levels coming from other revenue sources outside of higher entry fees. We'll see if it happens.

For baseball, we have plenty of $1,250 events and our $5,000 per team events already have 30 signups. We'll easily fill three 15-team leagues at $5,000 per team and hopefully get to four Ultimate Leagues. Our baseball is an amazing success story and hopefully our football event will reach those levels soon.

I understand ALL of the points for higher prizes and I trust we'll get there soon. But if I EVER have to feel the stress again that I felt that first year when I guaranteed so much money, I think I'll move onto a new job! :D I lost 10 years of my life in 2004 between baseball and football! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 09, 2006 7:56 am

quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
greg - since you are the only game in town for live high stakes fantasy baseball, will you look to bump up the entry fee for the nfbc main event? we need BIGGER prizes!!! thanks. But if I EVER have to feel the stress again that I felt that first year when I guaranteed so much money, I think I'll move onto a new job! :D I lost 10 years of my life in 2004 between baseball and football! :D [/QUOTE]WOW, and I thought only Aaron Brooks and Michael Vick owners lost 10 years of their life when they drafted them!

We know you will do what is BEST for the NFFC Greg.

No worries there! :D

Route Collectors

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:25 pm

I don't have a desire right now to increase the team fee. If I did, I'd consider the $50 to $1,300 and increase third place league money. I might be foolish to think that way, but I honestly think that teams look at the league prizes first and the overall prizes that we have now is still a worthy target. If we hit all our marks next year and grew this event beyond 378 teams or so, then every penny after that could go towards increased overall prizes.

Just my two cents for a cold December day. This would probably be a more recognizable benefit initially. The 3rd place teams that earn wild cards immediately come to mind. No pay out will solve every H2H abberition but it might help guys like snake....who in the "05" season finished the regular season as the 17th best team and could only earn $500.

Wasn't that also the case with Rick this year?

It's a nice start for a mere $50 increase.

D-Day Heroes

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by D-Day Heroes » Sat Dec 09, 2006 4:57 pm

... Greg , since total season participation is a concern ( and rightly so ), can not a small amount ( 100 $ a week ) 1300 $ of the pool for each division, pay-out for that weeks winner in points...? It did occur to me that cutting checks every week would be a pain in the %ss, but if you just kept a record, I'm sure cutting it just one time at the end of the season would have the same effect. That being, when teams start falling out of the race after week 7 or 8 ( In my case, week 2, lol ), that there would still be a monetary incentive to fill a full and competitive roster " Every Week " !
" When you are in any contest you should work as if there were - to the very last minute - a chance to lose it. "
- Dwight D. Eisenhower

Gordon Gekko

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Dec 09, 2006 11:50 pm

Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
... Greg , since total season participation is a concern ( and rightly so ), can not a small amount ( 100 $ a week ) 1300 $ of the pool for each division, pay-out for that weeks winner in points...? no one cares about $100
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:35 am

Originally posted by Route C:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I don't have a desire right now to increase the team fee. If I did, I'd consider the $50 to $1,300 and increase third place league money. I might be foolish to think that way, but I honestly think that teams look at the league prizes first and the overall prizes that we have now is still a worthy target. If we hit all our marks next year and grew this event beyond 378 teams or so, then every penny after that could go towards increased overall prizes.

Just my two cents for a cold December day. This would probably be a more recognizable benefit initially. The 3rd place teams that earn wild cards immediately come to mind. No pay out will solve every H2H abberition but it might help guys like snake....who in the "05" season finished the regular season as the 17th best team and could only earn $500.

Wasn't that also the case with Rick this year?

It's a nice start for a mere $50 increase.
[/QUOTE]That is true RC. Rick finished 27th in points, and the 4th "best" team in Chicago 2 (Billsville Trojans - who got nothing) finished 31st.

It would be nice for EVERY playoff team to get SOMETHING IMO. And 3rd place should definitely be worth more than $500.

[ December 10, 2006, 08:36 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

BillyWaz

NFFC Entry Fee?

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 10, 2006 2:37 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by D-Day Heroes:
... Greg , since total season participation is a concern ( and rightly so ), can not a small amount ( 100 $ a week ) 1300 $ of the pool for each division, pay-out for that weeks winner in points...? no one cares about $100 [/QUOTE]Gotta agree with Gekko on this one, as you would then be taking money AWAY from the top 3 prizes at the end of the season.