Week 11 Thoughts

rkulaski

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by rkulaski » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:22 pm

As of today, the Packers would make the playoffs as a wildcard team. The defense lost 2 starters and that could be costly but the offense, especially the running game, is peaking at the right time. Could we be looking at Favre vs the Packers Part III in the post-season?

mikeybok

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:24 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
He went to the perfect situation in Minnesota, but he has played better than anyone ever imagined. I'm glad he's proving Teddy wrong, but him blaming the Packers entirely for this is ridiculous. I think you underestimate my imagination :D :D

If I was the Packers ... I would have also kept Rogers in that situation. I would not have tried to stop Favre from going to another team (although I too would have blocked him from Minnesota).

While I was still king for a day ... I would also get a couple guys to block for Rogers while I was at it! :D
Hakuna Matata!

pizzatyme

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Tue Nov 24, 2009 10:31 pm

Just for future reference, I beg the Colts to allow Manning to skip all pre-season activities and show up an hour before kickoff on opening day.

As a fan, I will not consider it keeping the team or fans hostage. He has earned the right to call his shot until HE decides it's time to hang them up.

I feel the same about Favre.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

pizzatyme

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:08 am

Here's what I do and will remember of Favre over the past 3 years...

He came to play every week, even when he was injured. He brought a spirit and sense of hope to each team that they had a chance. He gave his all.

We'll never know when even some of our most favorite players have been selfish on and off the field. How many times did someone sit out when maybe they could have played? What about in the off-season, did they take care of their bodies and work on their game to the best of their abilities?

We'll never know, because it either went unnoticed or was kept hidden "in-house".

I fully believe this happens all the time. We aren't villifying these people. But because Brett wants time to consider if he can come back another year, wants management to make him feel wanted, and wants management to add personnel around him to give the team a chance to win a Championship, he is selfish?! Good grief!

He is the best player for the Packers, EVER! He has earned what he was asking for.

Those that wanted him out so they could play "the future" or "their guy" will soon be gone and all will be forgotten.

Thanks for the memories, Brett!

Signed,

A football fan.

[ November 25, 2009, 08:59 AM: Message edited by: Just Russ ]
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:09 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
He went to the perfect situation in Minnesota, but he has played better than anyone ever imagined. I'm glad he's proving Teddy wrong, but him blaming the Packers entirely for this is ridiculous. While I was still king for a day ... I would also get a couple guys to block for Rogers while I was at it! :D [/QUOTE]This might be the smartest thing you've ever posted on these boards Big Mike!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Tom Kessenich

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:27 am

Regardless of how good Aaron Rodgers is or may be in the future, I think it's extremely clear that Ted Thompson screwed the pooch in terms of how he evaluated Favre after the 2007 season. As Packers' beat writer Bob McGinn has written, Thompson did not believe Favre had enough left to take the Packers any further. It's pretty obvious based on how well Favre played before his arm injury last season and how well he's playing this season that Favre had a heckuva lot more left than Thompson believed.

Favre is having one of his finest seasons and is once again having an MVP-caliber season (something he also did in 2007 for the Packers which Thompson curiously chose to forget). That's not too shabby for someone Thompson believed couldn't take the Packers any further.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

mikeybok

Week 11 Thoughts

Post by mikeybok » Wed Nov 25, 2009 2:56 am

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Here's what I do and will remember of Favre over the past 3 years...

He came to play every week, even when he was injured. He brought a spirit and sense of hope to each team that they had a chance. He gave his all.

We'll never know when even some of our most favorite players have been selfish on and off the field. How many times did someone set out when maybe they could have played? What about in the off-season, did they take care of their bodies and work on their game to the best of their abilities?

We'll never know, because it either went unnoticed or was kept hidden "in-house".

I fully believe this happens all the time. We aren't villifying these people. But because Brett wants time to consider if he can come back another year, wants management to make him feel wanted, and wants management to add personnel around him to give the team a chance to win a Championship, he is selfish?! Good grief!

He is the best player for the Packers, EVER! He has earned what he was asking for.

Those that wanted him out so they could play "the future" or "their guy" will soon be gone and all will be forgotten.

Thanks for the memories, Brett!

Signed,

A football fan. You are Brilliant!

(Not to mention he allegedly offered part of his own salary to sign Randy Moss in 07 ... selfish bastard)
Hakuna Matata!