Final 2007 Prize Winners

bald is beautiful

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by bald is beautiful » Thu Dec 27, 2007 1:13 pm

Originally posted by skipman:
I might as well promote Lumpy's Losers 4 first place and 1 thrid place finish is 5 draft champion formats over last 4 years. Now that is well worth noting. Very nice, Lumpy's Losers.

BONGIZMO

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by BONGIZMO » Thu Dec 27, 2007 2:55 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
ULTIMATE
1st: Scott Stauffer, Naperville, IL $27,500
2nd: Mark Moyer, Laurel, MD $12,500
3rd: William Tyrer, Beverly Hills, CA $7,500
4th Jon Lueth, Modesto, CA $1,000
With all the congratulations to the Go Gettas (well deserved of course!), it seems like Scott has kind of went "under the radar".

I respect Scott's game very much, and although his Main event team didn't perform as he expected, it is no shock to me, to see him win the Ultimate!

Congratulations Scott!! :D
[/QUOTE]Thanks Billy and Go Getta. I have to admit pulling out any league this year was an accomplishment as I was 'shrewd' enough to avoid all Cowboys and Patriots on every team this year. :eek: Let me give props to Mark M whose Follow Me team finished second in the ultimate in one of the wildest down to the wire finishes in recent memory. The winning margin was .05, yeah yeah I know these last game of the year finishes seem to keep following me...lol.

I can't wait to start it all over again next year, this next 9 month stretch really is torture...gratz again to all the winners!
Never do card tricks for the people you play poker with.

lumpy463

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by lumpy463 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Tom,

Please make sure Kyle Pope of Lumpy's Losers is listed as the winner for the
$1300 LV Draftmasters and the
$650 TB Draftmasters.

Also, I do not want anyone to accuse Kyle of exaggerating our success.

For the record,
in 2004 we won the DM, Auction, and Main Event Leagues. Placed 10th overall.

In 2005, we won our main event and placed 2nd in the Ultimate. Placed 7th overall. Lost in the auction playoffs. Placed 5th in the DM.

In 2006, we won the DM. No luck in the main event, auction, or ultimate.

In 2007, we won the $650 and $1300 DM. No luck in the main or ultimate.

We are thrilled to claim the Lumpy's Win Multiple Leagues get a free entry for next year rule in its first year of existence.

See everyone next year!

Derek "Lumpy" Anderson
Derek "Lumpy" Anderson

BillyWaz

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:02 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
ULTIMATE
With all the congratulations to the Go Gettas (well deserved of course!), it seems like Scott has kind of went "under the radar".

I respect Scott's game very much, and although his Main event team didn't perform as he expected, it is no shock to me, to see him win the Ultimate!

[/QUOTE]1) SNAKE beat you in The $650 Live Auction...

2) SNAKE beat you in his own league (The SNAKE Classic) as opposed to your own league (BillyWazass DC)...

3) SNAKE beat you in The Supwer Satellite DC (SSDC28)...

4) SNAKE lost to you in The Main...

5) SNAKE had a 1ST Place finish in arguably (along with Diesel Diehard, SSDC28, BillyWazass DC) the MOST competitive NFFC league out there whereas you DID NOT HAVE A SINGLE FIRST PLACE FINISH IN ANY OF YOUR COMBINED 115+ NFFC LEAGUES iIN 2007!!!!...

...peace and harmony, Wazass...The Brilliant & Humble...SNAKE
[/QUOTE]I'll respond ONCE to you here.

1) Apparently your counting skills are as bad as everything else...

16 Weeks of Pain- BWAZZ - y (6) 8 5 0 .615 W 1 1670.75

SNAKE - y (6) 9 4 0 .692 W 1 1640.8

I had 30 points more than you. We both were a 6th seed, and we both lost in round one. How exactly did you beat me???? :confused:

2) Obviously apples to oranges, but good for you. :rolleyes:

3) Yes, your ONLY win in the last 11 mutual leagues in TWO years.... Congrats!

4) As usual.

5) It was 12 leagues I was in. I made a profit in 2, and broke even in one (2 or 3 for 12). You were in 7, and broke even or better in ONE.... again, your FIRST ever time you turned a profit in FOUR years.

All of this really doesn't matter Snake, as satellites are honestly "fun ways to pass the time" (the Main is what the NFFC is about). Not surprisingly, your ONLY profit in the NFFC in 4 years came in a satellite in a year which YOU have repeatedly said is based on "70% LUCK". So no one is surprised that this is the year you actually had a shot!

P.S. This thread is to congratulate 2007 prize winners, and you have certainly done enough "gloating" over your $200 satellite win. None more is needed Snake. :D

[ December 27, 2007, 10:07 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

moyer1313

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Dec 27, 2007 4:17 pm

Originally posted by BONGIZMO:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
ULTIMATE

[/QUOTE]Thanks Billy and Go Getta. I have to admit pulling out any league this year was an accomplishment as I was 'shrewd' enough to avoid all Cowboys and Patriots on every team this year. :eek: Let me give props to Mark M whose Follow Me team finished second in the ultimate in one of the wildest down to the wire finishes in recent memory. The winning margin was .05, yeah yeah I know these last game of the year finishes seem to keep following me...lol.

I can't wait to start it all over again next year, this next 9 month stretch really is torture...gratz again to all the winners!
[/QUOTE]Thank you for the props, BONGIZMO.

At least I know that as long as the NFFC doesn't change the scoring rules, I will always hold, or at least be tied for, the record for the Least Margin of Defeat in a Championship Game.

Throw in the fact that the difference between 1st Place ($27,500) and 2nd Place ($12,500) is $15,000, and I may also hold the record for Most Money Lost Per Point. :mad:

Luckily, we get to do it all over again in a few months.

Mark
Follow Me

[ December 28, 2007, 06:33 AM: Message edited by: Follow Me ]
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

El Diablo

Final 2007 Prize Winners

Post by El Diablo » Fri Dec 28, 2007 11:03 am

Yes , these are grown-ass men , ladies and gentlemen!