UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Hard heads

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Hard heads » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:38 am

One comment on the Snake issue and then we can talk about how every time we make a move in our leagues we take a step back.
I used to be that guy Snake is in my local leagues, although I was winning my league while making an ass of myself. I was always seeking approval from others, whether it be by bragging about my successes or degrading other for their lack of success or their stupid trades or moves in order to make my moves look better. I always thought it added that extra spice to insult or degrade and all I did in the end was **** off those that were always close to me and supportive of me. I ended up quitting my local baseball league after 18 years being the co-founder and I used the excuse of being in high stakes leagues, or I had won 8 times and 3 of the last 4, or I was bored, but in the end I had tarnished all but 2 relationships and really was forced to move on. I had tried to grow and move on but others I had spent my every day insulting didn't care to see I was trying to make a change. I realized I didn't need to be a jerk to get the "respect' I yearned for. People respected me, but just didn't talk about it. It was in the moves I made, or the trades I did and didn't make. I needed to hear and be heard and by all means I would make sure that happened. Sound familiar to anyone? Long story short, I don't do local leagues anymore and it is all due to the fact nobody really cared to play in a league with me anymore. I am very passionate about fantasy sports and I was always causing problems cause I couldn't figure out why others didn't have the same passion or didn't want to talk about it the way I did. Anyway, Glenn, aka, Snake or Boo, take a seriously deep long look in the mirror and realize you still can be a big part of this league. You still have friends on here that respect you and appreciate you, don't risk that. Your message will come off 100 times better if you can do it without insulting or degrading the other person. Just try it. Will it kill you to do that? Lastly, Billy is right. Would you ever talk to a friend or even an acquantance in front of your kids the way you do on the boards? I honestly don't think you would even do it without your kids there. Time to be a man and stop acting like we all did when we were 16 and trying to impress everyone. You can't be as bad as your MB persona portrays you to be.
Now, I want to thank Sammy Morris and Santonio Holmes for being buttheads the minute we move into the $ in the $1300 DC! Man what a long season and it's only week 8....ugh

BillyWaz

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:42 am

One vote here for Craig's (Hardheads) post as post of the year!

Old School

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Old School » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:43 am

Billy Waz:
Well since Snake/Boo has been allowed to redeem himself, I have some advice.
Others have come on saying 'talk like you would to your mother' or 'talk like you would if someone was next to you with a bat' etc.

Well I say 'talk is if your child/children were reading'.

Would you want your son to read or emulate bragging about himself, NEVER admitting he is wrong, NEVER using manners like please and thank you, monopolizing EVERY thread just so no one else can get a word in edge wise just because you want all the attention on yourself...etc.

If you as good of a father as you say you are in your posts, you wouldn't want him to see or emulate any of this.

It's what FINALLY sunk into me after all my antics with you. I don't personally think I went to the extremes, but I feel I have changed.

I guess we will see if you do also.

....Nicely said

Old School

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Old School » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:50 am

Hardheads:
Now, I want to thank Sammy Morris and Santonio Holmes for being buttheads the minute we move into the $ in the $1300 DC! Man what a long season and it's only week 8....ugh

I hear ya HH. I moved into first overall in (that other wackoffy FFL) DC finally, and Sammy Morris, Lamont Jordan,Santonio Holmes, Shockey and Scheffler( and maybe S-Jax) catch the bug

bald is beautiful

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by bald is beautiful » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:56 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I'd say a person creating a new message board name so he can pretend to be someone else while commenting on himself certainly qualifies as surreal all right. It is also almost unbelievable, and as go Gettas said, pathetic.

Latham

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Latham » Sat Oct 25, 2008 5:57 am

RapTors

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by RapTors » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:04 am

hilarious!!!!

Inf4life

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Inf4life » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:06 am

So fitting.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Greg Ambrosius

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:21 am

Originally posted by Boo:
...nah, sorry but SNAKE has reconsidered and he is done here for now...The Serpent simply can't do it...values and morals will not be compromised here on the part of SNAKE...SNAKE is not a hyprocrite and can not compromise what his true feelings and beliefs are here...so thanks but no thanks Greg as enough unwarranted abuse has been taken already and the double standard applied here makes this MB a very hostile and unfriendly place as of this moment...yes SNAKE is angry but mostly disappointed - truth be told in you Greg more than anyone else here...again sorry but maybe at some point later in time Greg will allow SNAKE back to do what he has been doing for five years time running now and in an ideal world, well, fair play will be fair play for ALL and one...all that The Serpent has ever asked for from the beginning is that you just be FAIR and OBJECTIVE Greg with ALL MB posters and don't treat one differently or use a double standard while dealing with any one person in paricular and all will be cool...as that's not the way it is nor looks to be, SNAKE is regretablly out...let's see how much fun and insightful this MB is now left in the unchallenged hands of the chartered Chum-Chum Club members GiGi Le Femme, Billyboy, John Zzzzzzz's, KJDuke, Go Getta and Waynie (aka Coltsfa*)...thanks but no thanks Greg and good luck to all of the faithful and loyal fellow fighting FF SNAKEcomrades-in-arms and non-comrades alike here...hehehe...and as always, peace and harmony...SNAKE Very good. The choice is made.

Someone tell KJ Duke that he can return to the boards. The boards are now open for business.

These our YOUR BOARDS everyone. Now there is no excuse to complain about the boards and the direction they are headed. Everyone should be able to talk football the rest of the season without the silly interruptions. I expect everyone else to fill the void.

No problem that you are disappointed in me. Route C is disappointed in me. Johnny is disappointed in Tom. KJ just said he was disappointed in me. My kids are disappointed in me that I'm writing this while they are eating lunch without me. Everyone is disappointed in me. But at the end of the day, I'm doing the right thing. You coming on here to talk about yourself under an alias that I already knew about said a lot about you, too.

Good luck the rest of the way and I'm sure next year you'll make the right game decisions for you and your family.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Raiders

UNREAL TO SURREAL II

Post by Raiders » Sat Oct 25, 2008 6:27 am

Someone tell KJ Duke that he can return to the boards.

Done.