Live Chat With Greg A. On Wednesday, 11 a.m. EST

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 7:28 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
How about 10 Million to win the NFFC, NBC, and WCOFF in the same year. You know I like Jesse and Dustin, but I think they have their own marketing plans and I know it's a good one. I wish them best of luck this year as they also have an aggressive game plan. I like it and the two industry leaders should continue to innovate and grow.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 7:29 am

Originally posted by KOTRAX:
I KNOW PEOPLE WOULD LOVE TO SEE A ONE MILLION DOLLAR PAYOFF FOR WINNING BOTH NBC AND THE NFFC MAIN AS WOULD I.

HOWEVER I DON'T KNOW IF THAT IS IN REASON. IF THE TOP PRIZE IS $100,000 FOR BOTH LEAGUES, WHERE DOES THE OTHER $800,000 COME FROM?

EVEN A $500,000 PRIZE SOUNDS LIKE A REACH FOR WINNING BOTH LEAGUES. NOW IF WE CHANGE IT TO WINNER TAKES ALL IF HE CAN WIN BOTH THEN THAT IS DIFFERENT SCENARIO.

NOW WHAT COULD BE IN REASON IS IF YOU WIN BOTH MAIN EVENTS YOU WOULD WIN YOUR $200,000 AND ALSO WIN AN ENTRY INTO BOTH MAIN EVENTS FOR LIFE.

WITH THAT WOULD INCLUDE WHAT EVER CITY YOU WANTED, AIRFARE, LODGING AND A GUEST.

THIS KEEPS IT IN REASON AND ALSO REWARDS FOR THE LONG RUN TOO.

JUST MY OPINION. Insurance, Ormond. Insurance. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

KOTRAX

Post by KOTRAX » Wed May 14, 2008 7:31 am

O.K. SOUNDS GOOD TO ME!!! AS LONG AS IT IS IN REASON FOR ALL PARTIES INVOLVED I'M DOWN WITH IT!!!! :D :D :D

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed May 14, 2008 7:58 am

Ok, Greg...Here we go...Many people have Lynch, Gore, and L. Johnson ranked in the top 10. Does it make sense to draft players who are on teams that ranked 30,31, and 32 in total yards and touchdowns last year? Those teams score 73 touchdowns combined. New England scored 75 last year. Which team is the most improved (KC, Buf, or SF)? Will any of those teams score 45 touchdowns this year? Did any of those teams add any impact offensive players? Is Bryant Johnson considered an impact player? Can I buy a vowel to solve the puzzle? Why do you hate Rodgers so much? Do you read too many Green Bay papers or is just the talk on the street? Isn't he the next Romo?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 8:25 am

Originally posted by CC's Desperados:
Ok, Greg...Here we go...Many people have Lynch, Gore, and L. Johnson ranked in the top 10. Does it make sense to draft players who are on teams that ranked 30,31, and 32 in total yards and touchdowns last year? Those teams score 73 touchdowns combined. New England scored 75 last year. Which team is the most improved (KC, Buf, or SF)? Will any of those teams score 45 touchdowns this year? Did any of those teams add any impact offensive players? Is Bryant Johnson considered an impact player? Can I buy a vowel to solve the puzzle? Why do you hate Rodgers so much? Do you read too many Green Bay papers or is just the talk on the street? Isn't he the next Romo? Well, Shawn, first of all congrats on scoring the free furniture. :D Don't you win enough that you could have bought that furniture from a different store without a promotion like that?? :D Sheesh.

And I don't hate Rodgers, I just LOVE Favre. Rodgers will be okay if he can stay healthy, but it's hard to say this guy is going to be healthy for 16 games this year like Favre always was when he's been sidelined for 10 of his first 50 games WHILE PLAYING TWICE!!! The guy got hurt in practice last year. If he can stay healthy, he will be okay in this offense, but health is the key.

I agree with you on that, which is why I didn't draft Gore in previous drafts. Tom loves him. I look at that offense and just see 8, 9 guys in the box. They didn't add anything this off-season. KC and Buffalo are just slightly better this year, so I agree with your assessments on Lynch and LJ.

Get back to baseball. Win that $100,000 first.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed May 14, 2008 8:31 am

Sean, just my two cents, but all of GreenBay fans saw Rodgers get hurt, any time he was counted on. He's got talent, potential, and some very good weapons AND a very good defense. It's just that GreenBay got rid of N.Davenport for the same reason. Too many injuries. IF Rodgers stays healthy, I feel he should have the value a touch higher as Delhomme when he was on top of his game.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

liquidhippo

Post by liquidhippo » Wed May 14, 2008 9:45 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
1 million to win the NFFC and NBC in the same year.

10 million to win the NFFC, NBC, and NFBC in the same year. Oooooooooooohhhh, I like it. Now where is that phone number for the insurance company. ;)
[/QUOTE]I love it. I'd love it even more if:

NFBC, NFFC, NBC.

2 out of 3 in the same year - 1 million
3 out of 3; a clean sweep - 10 million

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed May 14, 2008 9:52 am

Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
1 million to win the NFFC and NBC in the same year.

10 million to win the NFFC, NBC, and NFBC in the same year. Oooooooooooohhhh, I like it. Now where is that phone number for the insurance company. ;)
[/QUOTE]I love it. I'd love it even more if:

NFBC, NFFC, NBC.

2 out of 3 in the same year - 1 million
3 out of 3; a clean sweep - 10 million
[/QUOTE]Well, every major individual sport has a Grand Slam, right. Golf has a Grand Slam. Tennis has a Grand Slam. Heck, we better throw basketball (NFBBC) into this mix and really see who is the best. What's the payout for NBC Sports' Fantasy Grand Slam, someone who can win all four in one calendar year? ;)

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Wed May 14, 2008 10:17 am

How about a realistic prize for highest combined placement in both events?

1st and 300th is not as good as 50th and 60th.

Say $5000 for best combined finish?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

kapefear

Post by kapefear » Wed May 14, 2008 10:19 am

gregg,your creating an unbelievable upcoming season.1st NBC,next possible $1,000,000 on top,for both main events victories.If anyone ever pulled that off they should be on the cover of EVERY fantasy football book the next year.