*** OFFICIAL NFFC CLASSIC & PRIMETIME TEAM THREAD***

jjsegura78

Post by jjsegura78 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 8:32 am

GK, as a Texans fan and follower, I really hope Schaub kicks @$? this year for us, on the other hand your in my classic, and it would help if he took it easy on me when we meet ;)

GK, over / under Schaub, 2 games missed due to injury ? I say under, maybe 1 missed, not due to injury though, just resting in week 17 for playoff prep.
Projection 2010: Either winning my Classic LV/Chicago Dual League, or making it to the Catalina Wine Mixer.

JJ Segura

mikenj46

Post by mikenj46 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 12:08 pm

Not a Classic or Primetime team but as a newer fantasy football player(baseball vet) would love some brutally honest feedback on my Online Champ Team.

QB
Warner
Collins

RB
Gore
McFadden
James Davis
Justin Fargas
Darren Sproles
Danny Ware

WR
Wayne
White
Driver
Evans
Earl Bennett
Crayton
Stuckey

TE
Shockey
Boss

DEF
Philly
Washington

K
Bironas

I know I'm in trouble if Warner gets hurt, but I'm not a believer in Romo and that was all that was left behind him. There also wasn't anyone of value at that pick at WR/RB.

Looking for a serious critique. Let me know!

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:18 pm

Originally posted by Raiders:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
Steven Jackson went 2.06 in my classic draft.....was shocked.
This was my first NFFC doubleheader & I'll tell you, it went nothing like I expected. Wide receivers went much faster than I anticipated & much faster than in the slow drafts & satellites.

Overall I'm somewhat happy with my Classic draft but somewhat disappointed with my Primetime draft....6 times in the 1st 11 picks, I had players taken the pick right before I was about to grab them.....constantly threw me for a loop.

My teams....

Classic out of the 2-spot...

1 -AP - RB
2 -M. Barber - RB
3 -A. Gonzales - WR
4 -D. Jackson - WR
5 -D. McNabb - QB
6 -M. Lynch - RB
7 -C. Henry - WR
8 -T. Ginn - WR
9 -W. McGahee -RB
10-Steelers - D
11-V. Davis -TE
12-J. Finley -TE
13-Eggs -RB
14-M. Crabtree -WR
15-M. Goodson -RB
16-N. Kaeding -K
17-M. Stafford -QB
18-Massaquoi -WR
19-M. Vick -QB

Primetime out of the 2-spot
1 -MJD -RB
2 -B. Westbrook -RB
3 -J. Witten -TE
4 -E. Royal -WR
5 -L. Evans -WR
6 -D. McNabb -QB
7 -A. Bryant -WR
8 -C. Benson -RB
9 -Mendenhall -RB
10-McGahee -RB
11-N. Burleson -WR
12-Muhammad -WR
13-L. Robinson -WR
14-T. Williamson -WR
15-Jets -D
16-M. Bradley -WR
17-C. Brown -RB
18-D. Akers -K
19-M. Vick -QB
20-J. Cook -TE

Any feedback from some of the more experienced players in these formats would be appreciated.

Thanks,
Glenn Bro it was nice to finally meet you.

15-Jets -D, Should have backed them up.

John
[/QUOTE]It was great finally meeting you as well Bud.
As I said in a thread I wrote last night, it was great meeting a lot of the people on this board and putting faces to the names....it was also great meeting people who never post as well.
Just a fun time all around.

And by the way.....I thought the Jets D was my best pick of the night....I'm predicting 14 shutouts....(and two games with only a field goal or two given up)....go Gang Green.

Glenn

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:24 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Jive Turkeys:
d & g, I kind of agree with these dudes on not taking a QB and TE too early... But this year I took Witten in round 3, and Romo in round 4. Not a Cowboy fan at all, but this year with TO going elsewhere, I don't see Williams stepping up, on the other hand, Witten and Romo do already have chemistry. I saw value in taking a TE in that case. I took Romo that high because the next few QBs left were McNabb ,Schaub, Warner, Ryan, and Cutler were the next tier available. I liked Schaub, but as a Texans season ticket holder, I know to expect several games without him. I actually think though that Schaub will be top 3 QB if he stays healthy, maybe even top QB. But taking Schaub for me meant that I would have to have gone for another QB soon just in case he missed several games. I just wasn't willing to take risk. Also liked Ryan, but I think Romo might just have better numbers, didn't like Warner, or Cutler at all. No comment on McNabb.

That being said, why did you take your QB and TE as high as you did? Not that it's a bad strategy, just owner preference, I did it. Good luck. ...ok - fair enough on all counts...almost everyone is in agreement on the "if Shaub stays healthy he could easily be a top 3 QB, etc" thang but while it's true that the guy does have a penchant for getting injured does anybody feel that perhaps this is the year that the law of averages actually catch up with him and he does NOT get hurt?...and with regards to all of his previous injuries (outside of the most recent little one during the pre-season), did you see just how and why he got injured?...simply some food for thought here, that's all...GK
[/QUOTE]I like Shaub, and thought about waiting on a QB a couple more rounds and taking him. However, I don't think there's any way he doesn't miss some time once again. His style and brittle body do not make a great match. The guy waits on receivers until the final second....and has no pocket sense....both leading to taking brutal hits. He reminds me of Kenny O'Brien....great arm, way too many hits, way too little pocket presence. Unfortunately, even O'Brien wasn't as brittle as Shaub.

Glenn

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Sep 06, 2009 2:55 pm

Originally posted by mikenj46:
Not a Classic or Primetime team but as a newer fantasy football player(baseball vet) would love some brutally honest feedback on my Online Champ Team.

QB
Warner
Collins

RB
Gore
McFadden
James Davis
Justin Fargas
Darren Sproles
Danny Ware

WR
Wayne
White
Driver
Evans
Earl Bennett
Crayton
Stuckey

TE
Shockey
Boss

DEF
Philly
Washington

K
Bironas

I know I'm in trouble if Warner gets hurt, but I'm not a believer in Romo and that was all that was left behind him. There also wasn't anyone of value at that pick at WR/RB.

Looking for a serious critique. Let me know! Mike, hopefully next year you make the leap to the big dance! Welcome aboard!!!

When I look at your team I love your WRs. Plenty of depth there.

That's the good news.

My biggest concern is your backup to Warner considering his current physical condition. You would lose 10 points per week at the QB spot with any time missed by Warner.

Your RBs scare me as well. I like McFadden, but as a RB3. Even if James Davis is the starter, which he's not, it's still the Browns.

While I like your WRs, I wouldn't want to have to figure out which one is your flex each week.

Maybe it all works out for you, but this is what I see.

Good luck!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Sandman62

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Sep 06, 2009 3:27 pm

Classic, 12th spot:
1 WR Wayne
2 WR Colston
3 QB Rodgers
4 RB L.Johnson
5 RB Parker
6 RB Bradshaw
7 RB Washington
8 WR S.Smith (NYG)
9 WR Gage
10 TE Z.Miller
11 QB Edwards
12 TE Davis
13 DST PHI
14 WR Engram
15 RB James
16 K Kaeding
17 RB Moore
18 RB G.Jones
19 WR Curry

QB: Rodgers, Edwards
WR: Wayne, Colston, Smith (NYG), Gage, Engram, Curry
RB: L.Johnson, Parker, Bradshaw, Washington, James, Moore, G.Jones
TE: Z.Miller, Davis
D: PHI
K: Kaeding

First few rounds went the way we wanted. We didn't expect to take 4 RBs in a row, but when you take two WRs and a QB early, your RB1/2 end up weak. So we wanted to pad our upside chances a bit w/ Bradshaw and Washington. The WRs available at that point (Hester, Avery, Holt, etc.) didn't seem very different from what we got a couple rounds later. My son and I debated a bit over whether to take Washington or Mendenhall in the 7th. But my son talked me into Washington's upside over the handcuff. He also found Moore late for us. The top WRs just seem more reliable and it also seems more feasible for mid-round RBs to outperform their draft positions. So we like this team. Who knows tho? Maybe we're FOS? We'll find out soon enough.

Primetime, 4th spot:
1 WR R.Moss
2 WR Boldin
3 QB P.Manning
4 RB R.Bush
5 RB Moreno
6 TE Dallas Clark
7 RB Wells
8 WR Harvin
9 RB Hightower
10 WR Crayton
11 RB McGahee
12 DST BAL
13 WR Williamson
14 RB Chris Brown
15 QB Orton
16 TE Scaife
17 WR Engram
18 K Crosby
19 WR Stokley
20 DST IND

QB: P.Manning, Orton
WR: R.Moss, Boldin, Harvin, Crayton, Williamson, Engram, Stokley
RB: R.Bush, Moreno, Wells, Hightower, McGahee, C.Brown
TE: Clark, Scaife
D: BAL, IND
K: Crosby

Again, we wanted two top WRs and a stud QB. And again, it weakened our RBs. But we like the upside of our 2 rookies, plus if Bush stays healthy, he could catch 80 balls. We didn't plan to take a TE this early, but we have Clark right below Witten and Gates. And when Olsen went 1 pick before us, we thought it prudent to be strong at WR/QB/TE, given our weaker RBs. WRs fall off after top 2, but it'll be interesting to see all the ways the Vikings use Harvin. And Crayton could surprise w/ TO gone. This team will need some luck at RB for sure. Hopefully Manning and Clark and our two top WRs will help offset.

Can't wait for the "test" to begin next week! :D
Good luck everyone!

[ September 06, 2009, 09:31 PM: Message edited by: Sandman62 ]

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sun Sep 06, 2009 6:31 pm

Primetime felt the best:

QB: Romo, Cassel
RB: Steven Jackson, Kevin Smith, Pierre Thomas, Derrick Ward, Mike Goodson, Mewelde Moore
WR: Boldin, B. Marshall, Lance Moore, Donnie Avery Steve Smith (NYG), Kevin Curtis, Sidney Rice, Heyward-Bey
TE: Scaife, V. Davis
K: Crosby
D: Baltimore
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

hammertime

Post by hammertime » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:21 am

In the classic, Sitting in the 9th spot,
1st- Randy Moss
2nd- Steven Jackson
3rd- Terrell Owens
4th- Santonio Holmes
5th- Derrick Ward
6th- Donald Brown
7th- Torry Holt
8th- Matt Hasselbeck
9th- Visanthe Shiancoe
10th- Trent Edwards
11th- Earnest Graham
12th- Kevin Faulk
13th- Devery Henderson
14th- Stephen Gostkowski
15th- Philadelphia
16th- Brandon Pettigrew
17th- Devin Thomas
18th- David Akers
19th- San Francisco

In the Primetime, Sitting in the 10 th spot,

1st- Larry Fitzgerald
2nd- Steve Slaton
3rd- Terrell Owens
4th- Vincent Jackson
5th- Knowshow Moreno
6th- Santana Moss
7th- Donald Brown
8th- Matt Schaub
9th- Trent Edwards
10th- Dustin Keller
11th- Chris Brown
12th- Mushin Muhammad
13th- Peyton Hillis
14th- Vernon Davis
15th- Philadelphia
16th- Rob Bironas
17th- Mark Clayton
18th- Jordy Nelson
19th- Justin Forsett
20th- John Kasay

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Mon Sep 07, 2009 8:24 am

Below is my team in the Classic, Las Vegas League 6. I drafted from the 8 Hole. Let me know what you guys think. the numbers by the players are the round i took them in.

QB: M. Ryan (7), M. Sanchez (15)
RB: R. Brown (3), L. Johnson (5), T. Hightower(8), E. Graham(10), S. Greene(11), G. Wolfe(17)
WR: L. Fitz (1), M. Colston (2), L. Moore(6), C. Chambers (9), G. Camarillo (13), L. Naane (19)
TE: Witten (4), V. Davis (12), J. Stevens(16)
K: J. Elam
DEF: J-E-T-S