Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:03 pm

Originally posted by Big MO:
If you could manage the NBC checkbook and direct the marketing efforts of the NBC-NFFC, what would you do to dominate the industry and change the landscape? 1. get a website like footballguys.com with your star players provding rankings and the like. have actual money winners produce the content, not writers!
2. couple Gekko with a hottie on a weekly fantasy football show. think howard stern meets fantasy football :D
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:04 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Are the videos on YouTube of the Atlantic City footage, or is it something new? i think they are all of me in my grammy's basement. :(

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:06 pm

FYI...
The NFL is stepping up its monitoring of on-field player activities to ensure that no one is flashing the hand signals of street gangs.

The Los Angeles Times reported Tuesday that the league had hired experts to look at game tapes and identify players or team officials who might be using suspected gang signals. Violators would be warned and disciplined if the episodes recurred.

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 pm

alright guys. it's been a pleasure. i'll try to do it again real soon.

BillyWaz

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:08 pm

Why did you continue with your water delivery route after you made your share of $100,000?

Was college an option, or do you enjoy your job that much?

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:12 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Why did you continue with your water delivery route after you made your share of $100,000?

Was college an option, or do you enjoy your job that much? my grandfather was a water delivery boy (man), my father is a water delivery boy (man), so it kinda runs in the family you could say.

here's my schooling resume...

Gordon Gekko

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:14 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...hey GiGi...

1) do you plan on taking Maroney again this year?...what about Barlow again?...

2) will you be an attendee at the SNAKEchat here tomorrow night?...

...SNAKE 1. i will if you promise to go another year without turning a profit playing fantasy football. how many years are you up to? 4 going on 5? :D

2. if you are woman enough to show up, sure. and i'll have my louisville slugger with me so be ready to face your demons sport! hehehe

[ July 16, 2008, 09:15 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Shrink Attack

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Shrink Attack » Wed Jul 16, 2008 3:25 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Last one for me, what's your take on the Favre situation? I'm going to post a column about my favorite player tomorrow on Rotoworld.com and basically I'm calling him a fool and stupid for this mess he created. I can't believe what's going on, but trust me that Packer Nation has moved on. I trust those outside of Packer Nation are thinking the same thing, but tell me what this Nittany Lion thinks of all this. :D i'll admit, i haven't been following the farve situation as closely as you, and i hate to say it, but i think he may somehow force the packers to trade him. an AFC team makes sense, but who? the phins? if he stays in the nfc, i think tampa is the heavy favorite. [/QUOTE]Only Baltimore, Buffalo or Kansas City could use a QB in the AFC and none of them are going to the Super Bowl.

He'd play for Gruden in Tampa and that makes the most sense. But would the Packers trade him to an NFC team that could beat them in the playoffs?? I think Teddy is mad enough to let him sit or send him to one of those rum-drums in the AFC. What an ugly situation for all of this and I doubt he will return to Lambeau Field now to have his number retired until the current management is out.

What a mess and he's caused it all himself.
[/QUOTE]Greg...doesn't Favre's current contract still give him veto power over trades he doesn't want?

I think that Favre is really in the driver's (not Donald) on this one. Can't wait to read your article tomorrow on RotoWorld...finally some analysis from a real Packer fan.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven