Critique my recent Slow DC draft please.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:00 pm

I apologize to Popcorn Maker and Trust in Bill; but I don't know which teams belong to each of you. I can't cross reference your MB name to your real name.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:01 pm

Originally posted by Just Russ:
Rich, thanks for the analysis. I'd be interested in seeing a self assessment of your team. And the winner is... :D

blowinmudd

Post by blowinmudd » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:24 pm

Riff,
Thats what I want to see some brutal honest feedback.I can take it. Thanks.
That whole ADP thing kills me.If a player is on the board and you like him why not take him?In my case I case waiting 27 picks in between rounds.
Early maybe.
I didn't realize the talent I was drafting with.It was cool to see how everyone was thinking.
Nothing like a preseason warmup.
Thanks

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:41 pm

Originally posted by RiFF:
quote:Originally posted by Just Russ:
Rich, thanks for the analysis. I'd be interested in seeing a self assessment of your team. And the winner is... :D [/QUOTE]Touche! Now, get to it you Uber Drafter... ;)
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:23 pm

Originally posted by Blowinmudd:
Riff,
Thats what I want to see some brutal honest feedback.I can take it. Thanks.
That whole ADP thing kills me.If a player is on the board and you like him why not take him?In my case I case waiting 27 picks in between rounds.
Early maybe.
I didn't realize the talent I was drafting with.It was cool to see how everyone was thinking.
Nothing like a preseason warmup.
Thanks I agree with you 100% that anyone that just follows ADP blindly is probably doomed to mediocrity. But, ADP can be a useful tool. For instance, you obviously liked the WR you took at 5.01. But the earliest I've seen this WR go in other drafts so far this year is at the end of the 7th round. You might be entirely correct that he's worth a 5.01 pick BUT almost without doubt, you could have gotten him at 6.14/7.01. At 6.14 and 7.01 you selected a RB and a TE. So the question becomes, assuming you had waited, until 6.14/7.01, to take the WR you took at 5.01; could you have gotten either a better RB or TE at 5.01 than you got at 6.14 and 7.01? I'd say yes and overall your team would have been better.
The same example could be made for 3 or 4 of your other picks.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jun 14, 2009 8:03 pm

Rich, how do you see your WRs producing enough fantasy points to propel you to this $50 crown?

Secondly, where would you rank your WR corps as a group versus the league?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Roger

Post by Roger » Sun Jun 14, 2009 11:40 pm

Riff - I drafted out of the 3-hole.

I'll take a shot at Russ' question to you on your WR's. You would probably agree that you have no legitimate #1 WR. The WR corps is boring, but deep. Curtis has some upside as a #4 WR. Won't be the top ranked WR corps, but will be in the upper-half of the league at this position. Not bad for a perceived weakness in your team.

cdavault

Post by cdavault » Mon Jun 15, 2009 12:32 am

haha Chris DaVault. I drafted outta the 10th hole

Originally posted by RiFF:
I apologize to Popcorn Maker and Trust in Bill; but I don't know which teams belong to each of you. I can't cross reference your MB name to your real name.