My Week 6 Vibes

pizzatyme

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 am

So, how did Andre Johnson get all of those receptions and yards?

And, I didn't say better, I said he makes them look great in the opinion of some.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 8:58 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Is it a coincedence or did receivers not even on Carolina get worse once Carr started playing? I've heard unconfirmed reports that's why Deion Branch got hurt and why Javon Walker couldn't play last week.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:02 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
So, how did Andre Johnson get all of those receptions and yards?Here is where Andre Johnson ranked in standard scoring leagues with Carr as his QB:

23rd
22nd
47th
18th

Despite catching 100 passes last season he wasn't even Top 15 with Carr as his QB. As soon as Carr left, Johnson was Top 5 before getting hurt. Just a coincidence? One might think so if Smith wasn't undergoing the exact situation (only in reverse). Despite having a stud talent at WR, Carr couldn't help that WR reach Top 15 status, much less Top 10 status. Given where Smith was ranked going into the season and where he has finished in the past, you can see why many Smith owners - myself included - are pretty bummed that Delhomme is gone for the rest of the season.

I have no clue if Matt Moore is ready and I'm pretty sure Vinny isn't the answer but as a Smith owner I'd MUCH rather see one of them in there instead of Carr. The Panthers faced a terrible defense last week and all Smith could muster was 4 receptions and under 50 yards. That's pretty sad. Yes Smith scored late but 4-47 is a half for him usually, not an entire game.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

williamhare

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by williamhare » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:05 am

UFFCS-
Andre caught a boatload of hitch patterns last year. David Carr: King of behind the Line of Scrimmage completions.
HMan83

williamhare

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by williamhare » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:09 am

Back to Julius. Romo likes other options better even with JJ wide-open??? Maybe that tells us something too. And for that show of intelligence
maybe Owner Jerry should secure the Eastern Illinois product post haste.
HMan83

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:13 am

Originally posted by Hman83:
UFFCS-
Andre caught a boatload of hitch patterns last year. David Carr: King of behind the Line of Scrimmage completions.
HMan83 And those types of patterns are usually Smith's specialty - the quick out. Get the ball to him quickly and let him work. But Carr can't even do that for Smith right now. It's really a sad state of affairs.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

Back to Julius. Romo likes other options better even with JJ wide-open??? Maybe that tells us something too. And for that show of intelligence
maybe Owner Jerry should secure the Eastern Illinois product post haste.
HMan83 There's no question there are better options in the passing game. However, if those options are covered and you have an open receiver in the flat - regardless of who it is - sometimes checking down is the smart move to make. It definitely would have been a better idea than the one Romo made where he tried to run and turned the ball over.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:14 am

UFFCS-
HMan83 Johnson was 11th in Rec. yds. last season

TDs were down, yes, but he was right behind Smith on the yards list.

Tom Kessenich

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:18 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Hman83:
UFFCS-
HMan83 Johnson was 11th in Rec. yds. last season

TDs were down, yes, but he was right behind Smith on the yards list.
[/QUOTE]And yet he only finished 18th in standard scoring and 12th in the NFFC. One would hope a WR who catches over 100 yards with all those yards would be Top 10 at least in all scoring systems. And let's say Carr can get the same production for Smith the rest of the way - a 12th ranking at WR would be a HUGE downgrade from where Smith was projected to go and what his owners likely need for him.

No matter how you slice it, things are ugly for Smith right now.
Tom Kessenich
Twitter - @TomKessenich

pizzatyme

My Week 6 Vibes

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Oct 10, 2007 9:19 am

I'm not trying to say Carr is great or good for that matter. What I'm saying is that you need to be careful to consider benching Smith, because he will get his no matter what, according to some.

Never bench your studs, they will always get theirs!