Live Chat With Greg: Wednesday At 3 PM ET

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Wed Jul 20, 2011 6:59 am

Riff, if James Jones goes to another team this season, and he is going to another team, Jennings gets 80 receptions. Maybe more. He's not a big TD guy, so I won't argue there, but Jennings is looking at 80-85 in 2011. Don't make me double dare you on a wager.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:15 am

Originally posted by Diesel:
Greg, who do you like out of these Nomads? Sims-Walker, Braylon Edwards, Santana Moss or Devery Henderson? That's easy: Santana Moss. The little guy can still get it done and he was solid in the NFFC last year, finishing 12th among all WRs at 14.8 points per game. He's going to be solid no matter where he lands.

I still like Sims-Walker, but damn he's too injury prone and inconsistent for me. Still, he averaged 10 points per game last year and could surprise in the right environment. I'm not giving up on him. Braylon Edwards averaged 11.6 NFFC ppg last year but I'm not going there. I don't think the Jets are going there either. There are better options for the Jets than Braylon. Henderson is fourth for me here.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:50 am

I think I was a wee bit foolish to play hoops today with a heat index of 115!! :D I don't think I'm going to stop sweating on the keyboards for another few hours!! :D 4-on-4 fullcourt indoors with a bunch of guys in their 40s and 50s was a good sweat, but a bit foolish. One guy couldn't make it to the last game, but hopefully his heart slows down eventually!!! :D Wild. We need him back tomorrow, so he better recover.

Okay, let me down another Gatorade and be here soon. Let's have some questions or otherwise it's just me talking to myself. And I do that enough already. :D Bring it on.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:55 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
I think I was a wee bit foolish to play hoops today with a heat index of 115!! :D I don't think I'm going to stop sweating on the keyboards for another few hours!! :D 4-on-4 fullcourt indoors with a bunch of guys in their 40s and 50s was a good sweat, but a bit foolish. One guy couldn't make it to the last game, but hopefully his heart slows down eventually!!! :D Wild. We need him back tomorrow, so he better recover.

Okay, let me down another Gatorade and be here soon. Let's have some questions or otherwise it's just me talking to myself. And I do that enough already. :D Bring it on. It is 115 degrees INDOORS???

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:56 am

Greg, who do you like out of these Nomads? Kerry Collins, Carson Palmer, Donovan Mcnabb, Vince Young or Matt Hasselbeck? Marc, you must think I'm a camel since I've rescuing all of these nomads!! :D Hasselbeck will be the most sought after and will have some value whether he returns to Seattle or starts in Tennessee. I wouldn't be surprised to see him remain in Seattle and run Darren Bevell's offense. I think he would be wise to remain there. He's obviously a huge injury risk, but as a QB2 in a 14-team league you could do a lot worse.

I'm not sure how much McNabb has left in the tank, but if he goes to Minnesota and starts he could have some value as a QB2. He would be a good fit there to help Ponder develop and to keep defenses from loading 8 in the box against AP. He would need a top-flight WR like Sidney Rice to put up some fantasy numbers, but he could still produce enough to consider if he lands there.

Palmer obviously has some fantasy value left, but I think Cincy will play hardball with him and I think Palmer has had it with Cincinnati. I'm not sure this comes to a resolution that helps Palmer. No hope for Vince Young (no heart there) and no hope for recently retired Kerry Collins.

RiFF

Post by RiFF » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:58 am

Riff, if James Jones goes to another team this season, and he is going to another team, Jennings gets 80 receptions. Maybe more. He's not a big TD guy, so I won't argue there, but Jennings is looking at 80-85 in 2011. Don't make me double dare you on a wager. I agree in all liklihood Jones is gone.....but they drafted a 2nd rounder to take his place and this guy may actually be able to catch a few more than he drops. Driver is old but still has a year left, Nelson is coming on and Finley is dynamic. And as expected Rodgers will "spread" it around. And I'd still expect them to use some 4 WR sets with either Cobb or Swain. No doubt, Jennings will get his, but barring injuries to the other WR's or Finley, he won't "blow up"

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 7:59 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:

Okay, let me down another Gatorade and be here soon. Let's have some questions or otherwise it's just me talking to myself. And I do that enough already. :D Bring it on. It is 115 degrees INDOORS???
[/QUOTE]Man, I don't know what the temperature in the gym was today but it was definitely hotter than outside. We're supposed to hit a high of 97 today and a heat index of 115. The dew point is 80, which is something we never see in Wisconsin. I'm not sure how all of you in Oklahoma and Texas put up with daily dew points in the 70s and heat of 90+. But I hate winter so much I said I'd never complain about hot weather and that's why I'll gladly play hoops in the heat any day. It sure beats 30 below.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:00 am

Greg,

Do you see Alex Green getting any "worthy" reps this year if Grant and Starks stay healthy?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 20, 2011 8:08 am

Originally posted by Liquid Hippo:
Greg,

What's your 2011 forecast for the following Packers?

# of Receptions, Receiving Yards, and Games Played for:

Donald Driver
James Jones
Greg Jennings
Jordy Nelson

Carries, Rushing Yards, and Games Played for:

Ryan Grant
James Starks Driver: 45-475-5
Jones: it depends where he goes but I think he leaves Green Bay
Greg Jennings: 75-1250-10
Nelson: 65-865-7
Finley: 70-900-7
Cobb: 35-420-2

Grant: 850 yards rushing, 6 TDs
Starks: 450 yards rushing, 5 TDs

I think the Packers will let James Jones go to a team that will value him a little more than they do. He's a great fit in Green Bay, but I'm not sure he will return for less money. Cobb can slip in as a WR4 and they still like Brett Swain, so I think Jones is gone. Finley returns, but the Packers learned last year that they almost tried to force feed him too much and lost sight of Jennings. I don't think that will happen this year. I think Finley gets looks, but Jennings is still the No. 1 passing option and he will put up BIG numbers this year. Jordy will steal playing time from Driver eventually and put up numbers similar to what Double D did in the past. I just don't want to overvalue Jordy too much because Driver is coming to camp with the idea that he's going to be the starting slot receiver for the next two years.

The RB situation is tough to decipher, but I like Grant a lot. I think he bounces back and wins this starting job. We'll see if I'm right or not, but both will get their share of carries.