Week 4 Pickups

Glenneration X

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 02, 2011 1:26 pm

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
I also agree on TSmith. As Glenn pointed out, he could end up a DeSean-like player - every few games he puts up numbers, but he could get you 5 PPG the other 75% of the time.

Give me the target hogs over the boom or bust types anytime. We prefer high floors over high ceilings for WR3 and flex players. I wouldn't be surprised if David Nelson and Eric Decker are this year's version of Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd. We have Nelson on 6 teams and Decker on 3 (of our 9). And as my son/co-manager pointed out, how ironic that they're both the next man up on the very same teams whose QBs produced top-10 breakout waiver wire wonders last year AND the guys in front of them are already nursing nagging injuries! Mike, I see what you mean by Nelson's high floor.
[/QUOTE]OK Mike, I'll give you Decker. ;)

Glenneration X

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Glenneration X » Sun Oct 02, 2011 11:58 pm

Before the Torrey Smith haters start crowing about his stat line last night, I'd like to point out that he did receive six targets, almost all early before the Ravens took their two TD lead. He was open deep and/or in the end zone for many of them, but Flacco consistently under or over threw or threw behind him. That tells me Flacco is still guaging the rookie's speed (plus Flacco absolutely sucked last night). Still the kid showed seperation skills against a great secondary, he'll be a weapon if they continue to use him.

All that said, one catch for a yard didn't help my squads much last night. Flacco bites.

Sandman62

Week 4 Pickups

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Oct 03, 2011 12:44 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
quote:Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I also agree on TSmith. As Glenn pointed out, he could end up a DeSean-like player - every few games he puts up numbers, but he could get you 5 PPG the other 75% of the time.

Give me the target hogs over the boom or bust types anytime. We prefer high floors over high ceilings for WR3 and flex players. I wouldn't be surprised if David Nelson and Eric Decker are this year's version of Stevie Johnson and Brandon Lloyd. We have Nelson on 6 teams and Decker on 3 (of our 9). And as my son/co-manager pointed out, how ironic that they're both the next man up on the very same teams whose QBs produced top-10 breakout waiver wire wonders last year AND the guys in front of them are already nursing nagging injuries! Mike, I see what you mean by Nelson's high floor.
[/QUOTE]Yeah, Nelson laid a stinker this week, but so did his QB. Heck, EVERY player has a few bad games along the way. Let's hope Nelson still will, more often than not, break double digits.

BillyWaz

Week 4 Pickups

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Oct 03, 2011 3:33 am

Originally posted by Sandman62:

[/QUOTE]Yeah, Nelson laid a stinker this week, but so did his QB. Heck, EVERY player has a few bad games along the way. Let's hope Nelson still will, more often than not, break double digits.
[/QUOTE]To prove this statement wrong, I would like to introduce MR. WES WELKER. ;)

To those who have him.....ENJOY THE RIDE, as he is single handily winning games by himself.

I do think however think he will have a bad week in Week 7.

[ October 03, 2011, 09:34 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]