Hurricane IKE

kapefear

Hurricane IKE

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:37 am

gekko, no problem...just trying to ease the tention..i understand your point...

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:41 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
gekko, no problem...just trying to ease the tention..i understand your point... no tention here. i was just trying to chime in on this important topic.

can't wait for faab 2nite and see all the $$$$$$ go down the shitter!!
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

kapefear

Hurricane IKE

Post by kapefear » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:47 am

I already called ROTOROOTER to the rescue...

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Sep 12, 2008 11:48 am

Originally posted by kapefear:
I already called ROTOROOTER to the rescue... from my summer job a few years ago...

williamhare

Hurricane IKE

Post by williamhare » Fri Sep 12, 2008 1:19 pm

So, Big Foot, if you had two Ravens and one Texan and were going to utilize one of the three for your FLEX in week #2,and (play along) the Texi-Balt game was actually squeezed into week #5 1/2. Would you have an opportunity, for whatever reason to change (some might say retroactively) that line-up? If yes, why in
Hayzooses sake would your team have the advantage of extra data, trend analysis and what not? Are you at least seeing that slope Gekko speaks of?
HMan83

wayne123

Hurricane IKE

Post by wayne123 » Fri Sep 12, 2008 5:55 pm

Originally posted by Hman83:
So, Big Foot, if you had two Ravens and one Texan and were going to utilize one of the three for your FLEX in week #2,and (play along) the Texi-Balt game was actually squeezed into week #5 1/2. Would you have an opportunity, for whatever reason to change (some might say retroactively) that line-up? If yes, why in
Hayzooses sake would your team have the advantage of extra data, trend analysis and what not? Are you at least seeing that slope Gekko speaks of?
HMan83 I do agree that this poses a problem. But, I still stand by the fact that if the official NFL stats record it a certain way...then thats the way it is. Look, there are bad calls all the time in the NFL, that's not "fair" either. But, we don't start adjusting the reality by awarding the fantasy points anyway. The NFL official stats have to be the base that we all agree upon, otherwise it becomes chaos. So, yes...I admit you have a point, but see no reason to back away from the most basic rule that fantasy owners have always lived by...the NFL statbook is the basis of calculating results. Also, you may have missed the one very important point in my argument...A compelling desire to bust Gekko's balls...just because he exists...just because he pollutes these threads with needless dribble...just because he knows so little and types so much...and also because at days end he can take it and knows I'm just having a little fun. So, to recap: We must go with the NFL statline and stay true to ourselves and our game. Even if the NFL's decision doesn't suit us, we must accept it. Keep in mind, I would put the odds at 50/50 that if this game gets pushed to a bye week that it will count in the NFL as a week other than week 2. So, Gekko might get his way afterall and he will get to bask in the glory of seeing other people screwed. Almost as good as seeing Brady get hurt...ain't that right, Gekko?
I AM BLUE_FOOT.

Gordon Gekko

Hurricane IKE

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:16 am

you keep fighting the fight bluetoe. every board needs a joker.

Anyways...from off the presses of rotoworld...
The Houston Chronicle is reporting that the Texans' Reliant Stadium is in no condition to host an NFL game Monday night.

The stadium may have even sustained enough damage from hurricane Ike that it won't be usable for several weeks. It's not clear yet whether the game will be moved to another site or postponed to a later date. The NFL will likely make a determination Saturday. The Texans bye week (Oct. 26) is a possibility.

better get the contingency plan in place!!!!

BLACKHAND

Hurricane IKE

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:46 am

GG , people say things on the computer that they never ever ever would say to a person face to face.you can debate a situation without getting personal.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Soupdog

Hurricane IKE

Post by Soupdog » Sat Sep 13, 2008 6:55 am

What about those who have the Houston or Baltimore D and only carry one D? To get a zero for D and can't pick up another is not right. It is not like you can insert another D if you only have one and how many keep two just in case a team doesn't play?

BLACKHAND

Hurricane IKE

Post by BLACKHAND » Sat Sep 13, 2008 7:04 am

i picked up an extra d in one of my leagues yesterday. even though some(wont mention names) said it has never happened before i didnt want to take a chance.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN