PAID FANTASY FOOTBALL INFORMATIONAL SITES? WORTH IT?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:35 pm

you know what i find really interesting.. look at the posts on this board and wcoff.. say what you want my fellow ffooballer's when i post , i create a buzz and debate whether negative or positive.. Maybe i should start a site..a paid one.. ? NA.. too much work for the rewards.. i'd rather do a few extra closings ... and use the money to enter 100 tournaments and hope that i hit on one..LOL.. the BFD Strategy.. enter as many as you can, your bound to win one.. LOL..
Check out fantasy football blog

www.weberfantasyfootball.com

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:37 pm

Originally posted by weber:
quote:Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
quote:Originally posted by weber:
I bet the number of people that don't own sites far out numbers the people that do.
Seems obvious, so it also seems obvious that the people who put themselves out there with an opinion also run the risk of not making the playoffs.
So here's the catch 22, as alluded to by the legend himself.

If you compete and make the playoffs then you "should have" because you own a site.
If you don't compete, no shot of making the playoffs.
If during the draft you don't follow you cheatsheet to the letter, you open yourself up for critisism, as if during a experts draft here or someplace else everything goes perfectly.

It's impossible, so I would imagine most site owners don't compete in the NFFC or WCOFF because you expose yourself to losing, and I guess thats not suppossed to happen.

Fortunatley, I'm a FF player, and I have a healthy track record to show for my efforts, plus, quite frankly, I know football and the workings of it so well I have a nice viewpoint for FF.

So, sometimes you have a bad year, while trying to make a buck, and when you do, someone will point it out. That's the price of trying to be successful, not a problem here.

3'
Main Event League Champion in:
WCOFF
Fantasy Jungle
AFFL
Fantasy Masters
NFFC
Most Points Regular Season in WCOFF outscoring 680+ teams
Lead overall scoring in:
Fantasy Masters
Payday Sports

Find me a site owner that can say THAT? Main event champions in these events.. how about being specific so we can substantiate it in terms of what the entry fees were in each league you claim to have won and what years you are referring to>?

How'd you do this year and last year? you could have won a league title in a 25.00 league for all we know.. give us how many leagues you actually entered including satellites and how many you have actually won over past 5 years.
[/QUOTE]OK
WCOFF 6 Teams plus 2 satellite Teams in Total
My WCOFF Record:
2 DNP's
2 3rd place game wins Missed LCG by 8 points and 13 points in these two years
1 League Championship
1 League Championship game loss
1 Satellite League DNP
1 Satellite League Championship
6 Main Event WCOFF Teams, only paid for 5.
Won $5000+$1500+$2000=$8500
Spent on entry fees about $7500

NFFC
3 Main Event entries 2 satellites
1 Satellite DNP ($250 No D team)
1 Satellite in second place currently
2 DNP in Main event
1 League Championship
So aboiut $4,000 spent
League Championship=$5000

Fantasy Jungle
Entered Main Event 3 Times
Missed LCG 1st year by an incredible .08 points
Won League last year
Made Championship Round this year as a Wild Card
So about $1500 spent, $1,200 made back

AFFL
Won my league
1st year spent $1400 Won $3,300

Fantasy Masters:
Only 1 of these happened cannot recall the cost think it was $250. Won $500, lost LCG

In addition as I stated I have lead the WCOFF in total scoring after 11 weeks, Fantasy Masters, Payday Sports in scoring during their regular season. Been Top 10 in Jungle Scoring and Top 15 in NFFC scoring.

So basically Weber, your argument is screwed.

3'
[/QUOTE]when you enter 100 games a year your going to get a win here and there.. it's like throwing 100 darts at the dart board eventually one will hit, and thats the one even though you've thrown 1000 , to substantiate your knowledge..LOL..

People see through that though.. you talk about near misses.. a miss is a miss.. it's a loss.. i'd like to see the breakdown each year.. you don't use the years.. you just bunch it all into totals.. if spread out over 5 years it doesn't look that good.. especially when you enter a million.. i bet you've entered more then that too.. you have no reason to disclose that information.. and there is no way to find out ..

so "im screwed" is that the language a business man, the owner of a website utilizes to get his point across.. so professional..LOL.
[/QUOTE]Those are the last 5 years Mike, as you asked for. The most teams I've had in a year is 8.

GL with your blog, and nice job on destroying friendships.

3'

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:39 pm

Originally posted by 3INT/BFDFANTASYfootball.com:
I bet the number of people that don't own sites far out numbers the people that do.
Seems obvious, so it also seems obvious that the people who put themselves out there with an opinion also run the risk of not making the playoffs.

If you compete and make the playoffs then you "should have" because you own a site.
If during the draft you don't follow you cheatsheet to the letter, you open yourself up for critisism, as if during a experts draft here or someplace else everything goes perfectly.

It's impossible, so I would imagine most site owners don't compete in the NFFC or WCOFF because you expose yourself to losing, and I guess thats not suppossed to happen.

Fortunatley, I'm a FF player, and I have a healthy track record to show for my efforts, plus, quite frankly, I know football and the workings of it so well I have a nice viewpoint for FF.

So, sometimes you have a bad year, while trying to make a buck, and when you do, someone will point it out. That's the price of trying to be successful, not a problem here.

3'
WCOFF
Fantasy Jungle
AFFL
Fantasy Masters
NFFC
Lead overall scoring in:
Fantasy Masters
Payday Sports

Find me a site owner that can say THAT? Main event champions in these events.. how about being specific so we can substantiate it in terms of what the entry fees were in each league you claim to have won and what years you are referring to>?

How'd you do this year and last year? you could have won a league title in a 25.00 league for all we know.. give us how many leagues you actually entered including satellites and how many you have actually won over past 5 years.
[/QUOTE]OK
My WCOFF Record:
2 DNP's
1 League Championship
1 Satellite League DNP

NFFC
2 DNP in Main event
1 League Championship
So aboiut $4,000 spent

Fantasy Jungle
Won League last year

AFFL
Won my league

Fantasy Masters:
Only 1 of these happened cannot recall the cost think it was $250. Won $500, lost LCG

In addition as I stated I have lead the WCOFF in total scoring after 11 weeks, Fantasy Masters, Payday Sports in scoring during their regular season. Been Top 10 in Jungle Scoring and Top 15 in NFFC scoring.

3'
[/QUOTE]when you enter 100 games a year your going to get a win here and there.. it's like throwing 100 darts at the dart board eventually one will hit, and thats the one even though you've thrown 1000 , to substantiate your knowledge..LOL..

People see through that though.. you talk about near misses.. a miss is a miss.. it's a loss.. i'd like to see the breakdown each year.. you don't use the years.. you just bunch it all into totals.. if spread out over 5 years it doesn't look that good.. especially when you enter a million.. i bet you've entered more then that too.. you have no reason to disclose that information.. and there is no way to find out ..

so "im screwed" is that the language a business man, the owner of a website utilizes to get his point across.. so professional..LOL.
[/QUOTE]Those are the last 5 years Mike, as you asked for. The most teams I've had in a year is 8.

GL with your blog, and nice job on destroying friendships.

3'
[/QUOTE]Oh yea, I forgot, I also won the WCOFF experts League in the Magazine twice, and lost the LCG once in it's 3 year existence.
Not too shabby Mikey.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:47 pm

Originally posted by weber:

3'
WCOFF
Fantasy Jungle
AFFL
Fantasy Masters
NFFC
Lead overall scoring in:
Fantasy Masters
Payday Sports

[/QUOTE]OK
My WCOFF Record:
2 DNP's
1 League Championship
1 Satellite League DNP

NFFC
2 DNP in Main event
1 League Championship
So aboiut $4,000 spent

Fantasy Jungle
Won League last year

AFFL
Won my league

Fantasy Masters:

3'

People see through that though.. you talk about near misses.. a miss is a miss.. it's a loss..
[/QUOTE]I totally disagree with this Weber.

You for example are 0 for 3 this year and need to win this week to make it not 0 for 4 in your NFFC career. I was 9 of 18 in NFFC leagues (MAKING money) before this season, and I am 10-12 for 30 (a few leagues still on the line this season) in 4 years of NFFC (all different formats).

I would challenge ANYONE to hit out of even 20 leagues in VARIOUS NFFC formats at a 33-40% clip of MAKING MONEY in individual leagues. Trust me, it isn't as easy as it looks.

As for the "a miss is a loss", in fairness, you posted about 2 minutes on the NY auction board after you missed the auction playoffs this season how you would have made it "if this happened, he didn't get hurt, etc."

I'm not trying to pick on you here Weber, but if you are going to call others out (and have a blog), you need to practice what you preach.

Just my opinion.

[ December 14, 2007, 08:49 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Inf4life

Post by Inf4life » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:48 pm

which one of us??
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:52 pm

Boy, this MB has really turned into a wasteland.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:54 pm

you know what Lou, you showed your true colors last week when i first posted the blog on these boards.. youcouldn't resist to chime and right after my post and try and solicit business.

I am friends w. alot of attorneys but i know over the years that if it's a matter of getting business or staying friends, they will cut my throat if need be..

You didn't hesitate .. you went right after me.. i thought that was bad taste..

i admit to you that i made an error sending out the email and i told you that and i told your people on the list.. i stand by that apology..

i just don't like that you tried to threaten me right off the bat.. you know what my weakness in life is and i try to deal with every day.. it's over-reaction to people who put me against the wall or in a corner.. when someone threatens me (and when i say threaten i talk in terms of my livlihood losing money for my family), i thrash at them without thinking.. thats what you did to me. you came at me and i reacted..

there is plenty of room in this world for you and me, but i would appreciate if you could just respect me and i will do the same.. trying to garner support from the NAG's of the world is pretty pathetic.. that guy has been attacked up and down on these boards for provoking fights with everyone.. if thats the type of support (and4D) you want then take it.. to me thats like sleeping with the devil.. Sorry nag, that wasn't a homosexual reference, just a saying.. LOL..

Lou, im going to bury the hatchet here, don't expect or need your friendship, but i do respect the fact that you hvae been able to garner support for your site..

i'll give you one plug on your site.. the thing i like the most is the mock drafts..

now answer honestly LOU.. didnt you not have alot of controversy over posting the results of drafts that took place in NFFC and WCOFF by many customers? You know you did.. im sure you ironed it out with the owners.. but before you did that you took their informationn and posted it? Whats the difference from what i did in terms of the list? a little different but a somewhat similar.. Please explain how one is ok and one is not? nnight..

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:56 pm

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

3'
WCOFF
Fantasy Jungle
AFFL
Fantasy Masters
NFFC
Lead overall scoring in:
Fantasy Masters
Payday Sports

[/QUOTE]OK
My WCOFF Record:
2 DNP's
1 League Championship
1 Satellite League DNP

NFFC
2 DNP in Main event
1 League Championship
So aboiut $4,000 spent

Fantasy Jungle
Won League last year

AFFL
Won my league

Fantasy Masters:

3'

People see through that though.. you talk about near misses.. a miss is a miss.. it's a loss..
[/QUOTE]I totally disagree with this Weber.

You for example are 0 for 3 this year and need to win this week to make it not 0 for 4 in your NFFC career. I was 9 of 18 in NFFC leagues (MAKING money) before this season, and I am 10-12 for 30 (a few leagues still on the line this season) in 4 years of NFFC (all different formats).

I would challenge ANYONE to hit out of even 20 leagues in VARIOUS NFFC formats at a 33-40% clip of MAKING MONEY in individual leagues. Trust me, it isn't as easy as it looks.

As for the "a miss is a loss", in fairness, you posted about 2 minutes on the NY auction board after you missed the auction playoffs this season how you would have made it "if this happened, he didn't get hurt, etc."

I'm not trying to pick on you here Weber, but if you are going to call others out (and have a blog), you need to practice what you preach.

Just my opinion.
[/QUOTE]Billy the difference is i never claimed to be an expert.. im not selling advise..

the only thing im good at via ff football is auction leagues.. i got a team to the LCG again this year in wcoff..thats 4 years out of 4.. thats not horrible.. but im not trying to validate my record with anyone.. my blog is for fun.. not for advise..

i take no offense though..

weber7777

Post by weber7777 » Fri Dec 14, 2007 2:57 pm

advice..lol..

3INTBOY

Post by 3INTBOY » Fri Dec 14, 2007 3:02 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Boy, this MB has really turned into a wasteland. Correct, and unfortunate to say the least.
Seems to be happening too much IMO..

I always like a good debate, but the debates have never really been about FF overwhelmingly here.
That's too bad.

too much personal BS. Stuff I have never been involved with other than here.

It's a shame, and it impacts peoples willingnes to participate.

As you could have noticed, I haven't posted much here lately, just not that much fun to constantly deal with this stuff. It's been years.

3'