MyFantasyLeague.com Teams Up With NFFC For Auction Software

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:02 am

Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
Hey guys-

Invites for this auction have been sent -- please follow the instructions provided to get in.

Since it's only a test, we'll just do starters only, as I don't think anyone feels like devoting five or six hours to a league that won't be played out.

If you need help with anything: [email protected].

Thanks! So like 10 rounds??? If so, sounds perfect!

Thanks!

Geoffrey Stein

Post by Geoffrey Stein » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:06 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Geoffrey Stein:
Hey guys-

Invites for this auction have been sent -- please follow the instructions provided to get in.

Since it's only a test, we'll just do starters only, as I don't think anyone feels like devoting five or six hours to a league that won't be played out.

If you need help with anything: [email protected].

Thanks! So like 10 rounds??? If so, sounds perfect!

Thanks!
[/QUOTE]Yep. Ten should do the trick.

SS

Post by SS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 5:59 am

Greg, what dates and times are you expecting for the auction drafts as I am trying to plan my drafts this week to sign up for? Thanks!
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:24 am

Originally posted by SS:
Greg, what dates and times are you expecting for the auction drafts as I am trying to plan my drafts this week to sign up for? Thanks! I don't have anything set up yet. Someone recommend a desired day of the week and time and we'll throw out the first $125 and $250 auction leagues. These may take a little longer than a regular serpentine draft, so I think we almost need to start these at 7 pm ET. Weekday or weekend works for me. Someone get the ball rolling or I'll pick 'em. Thanks.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:48 am

I will be home exactly at 7 tonight, so if you don't see me on until the last minute, don't stress. I'll be on. I'm pretty sure a few people have my phone number if they get worried.
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

SS

Post by SS » Tue Jul 26, 2011 9:55 am

Tuesday nights work best for me, but not sure about everyone else's schedule? It all depends what times and dates you set up because sometimes I have to be at work early in the am...

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 27, 2011 4:43 am

Okay, what was learned in last night's test auction league? I wasn't available last night, so someone let me know if all is well and we should move forward with a full slate of auction satellite leagues? Geoff, how did the boys do last night?

Tom will put 1-2 satellite auction leagues together for mid-August and we'll go from there. If there's interest in this format we'll add more dates. You tell us how the site worked and we'll do the rest. Thanks all.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:25 am

A LOT needs fixed before you move forward (in fact, it might be enough that you want to hold off for this season).

- No sound (going once, going twice, etc), and very hard to keep up with whose turn it is to nominate

- Chat is WAY too big, and doesn't scroll as chat is going on.

- 40 seconds to nominate a player.....a draft would take FOREVER (I imagine this could be easily fixed).

Just very vanilla.....

Sorry...... :(

Getpaddled

Post by Getpaddled » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:38 am

It has a lot of potential,

but a lot of work still needs to be done on it.... Everything Billy said above I agree with along with some other areas that need to be fixed or changed.
It needs to be tested again, before any type of money leagues uses it. Just to many faults at the moment. Once the bugs are fixed it will be really nice and I'm really excited about it.

sorry just being honest.
Greg Dietzler AKA Letter Pusher
Fantasy Football Genius & FPA supporter
Twitter: @Getpaddled

SS

Post by SS » Wed Jul 27, 2011 5:46 am

It is very vanilla Greg. As someone who participated in the draft yesterday, can you team up with ESPN's draft software instead? And I am being serious. I have a feeling the answer is no, but just curious.

The chat is way way too big and it seems like the commish in the chat room said nothing can be done about that. The sound needs a lot of work. Players were only being announced about 5% of the time. ESPN has a way better auction program.

I really want to do live online auctions but not with this software unless they can fix these bugs...