Draft Process: Are You In Favor Of A Change?

keith

Post by keith » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:21 pm

Gekko, The answer is yes to your question.

keith

Post by keith » Wed Oct 26, 2005 12:49 pm

Gekko you wanted to know if there was any other reason I was against changing things. I guess my biggest concern with changing things is the time frame in which we would find out our draft position. Would we find out on draft day? Or would this process be complete a week or so before the draft. I have some interest in the Derby Style draft but only if we complete the whole process a week before the draft. I think there is some extra skill involved, and it will help somewhat the owners who do their homework, but ultimately (like the Derby) the best owner (horse) will finish first.

hammer

Post by hammer » Wed Oct 26, 2005 1:05 pm

in repsonse to Greg's initial question:

i voted YES

the idea of bidding for draft slots (using the $1000 FAAB) feels very appealing... more strategy, greater challenge... the most obvious obstacles seem logistical, such as when the bids are made, how long it takes to decipher the results, etc.

[ October 26, 2005, 07:06 PM: Message edited by: hammer ]

Walla Walla

Post by Walla Walla » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:10 pm

This is becoming a question of what the hardcore players would want vs what the casual player would want.
Many seem to think that if someone pays $1250 they must be hardcore. It’s not really the case. Many want to take a one time shot at it. Others want to play against the best. But that doesn’t mean they want to sit next to their computers for the latest DL report or Flex spot opening. I myself have to work on Sunday as many others do.
The system as it is set up now lets those people play and compete. Questions of bidding vs derby bidding is about the same. Hey I have no problem with it. But beware what you wish for. I for one have decided to retire from playing next year in both the NFBC and NFFC. Rule changes have been the moving force behind this. While I’m only one, I’m sure there are many others that may decide to pass also. So the question becomes will the gains offset the losses. Maybe. Of course you could make it real hardcore and change the entry to $10,000. Than have those that paid $10,000 vote for every rule for that league.

CC's Desperados

Post by CC's Desperados » Wed Oct 26, 2005 2:30 pm

John, I thought I saw you already signed up for baseball somewhere. The question is what will you do with the free 20 to 30 hours a week you spend on fantasy sports. I guess there is always yahoo leagues. I think you are an action guy just like the rest of us. Fantasy sports keep you sane!! How's the world team going? CC

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:05 pm

Originally posted by Walla Walla:
I for one have decided to retire from playing next year in both the NFBC and NFFC. post #25 of #128 of john saying he's quiting or retiring
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:06 pm

Originally posted by hammer:
in repsonse to Greg's initial question:

i voted YES

the idea of bidding for draft slots (using the $1000 FAAB) feels very appealing... more strategy, greater challenge... HAMMER TIME! well done

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:08 pm

Originally posted by liddicoat:
I guess my biggest concern with changing things is the time frame in which we would find out our draft position. Would we find out on draft day? Or would this process be complete a week or so before the draft. we would find out the same as we do now...5-6 days before the draft

TradeStar28

Post by TradeStar28 » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:17 pm

Geeko,

How did it feel to give away 50 large of your winning proceeds to a guy who is now 0-7 in the NFFC main? LOL

That is like me giving my imported Bernese Mountain Dog half of my filet mignon from tonites dinner, and he proceeds to take a dump on my hand woven silk area rug....

hehehe
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

Bret Borg

Post by Bret Borg » Wed Oct 26, 2005 3:52 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Maverick:
For those of you looking to change how future draft positions are determined, I've got two words to say: "GROW UP"...well, maybe a few more words..."YOU CONTROLLING WHINERS!!!" Accept your destiny!!!

I have chosen NOT to read your "sorry "a*&%#*$*" reasons why the rules should change, 'cuz there is not one good reason. are you in favor of free agents being picked up by teams randomly each week? that's what i thought.

you're a joke and you've proven that by your post. btw, i heard greg bought a new shredder at work. i also heard he printed off your post and used it to test the shredder. value of your post = shredder tester
[/QUOTE]Gekko:

On a "non-personal" note :D , as you always say, not to get personal, this is NOT. ;) I am concerned that the only reason you support changing the draft postioning rules, is because you are not doing as well as you did last year. To change the rules because of the your whining and those other controlling losers is ridiculous. Let us see what happens at the end of the year, as you look up to those at the top, only to remember last year's miracle.

Nancy Borg
Wedded Blitz
(Yeah, still with my partner from last year)

P.S. "Not to get personal" ;) , but how is your ex-partner, who insured last year's victory, doing this year?

PSS Looking forward to drafting next to you again in the Draft Master's League :D ... stop looking at our draft sheets ...teeeeeheeeheeee