Maroney ALREADY out???

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:43 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
This sounded completely logical for MANY reasons (again MANY red flags for Gore IMO), and so far it has been "spot on".

You swung for the fences and missed. It happens, and again, I respect you for taking the "road less traveled".

Sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. fixed.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
I know I saw it somewhere on Fantasy Guru. "fantasy guru", "sporting news"...WTF!?!?!?!? is there any time for you to do your own analysis. ya boy!!! :D :D [/QUOTE]Sporting News? That quote (or one similar) was on Fantasy Guru.

If subscribing to a service makes me less of a fantasy player than you, then so be it.

I like the extra info, and while I don't agree with a good portion of it, there is some value. I spent over 5K this year on fantasy, spending an extra $40 for some extra nuggets seems logical (plus I enjoy the articles written by other fanatics).

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:51 am

on a side note, did SF change offense cordinators this offseason?

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:54 am

on a side note, GG will be talking about Maroney next year the way he talks about Gore now.
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:56 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
on a side note, GG will be talking about Maroney next year the way he talks about Gore now. i don't think the Pats offense is going anywhere with mr brady around. on the other side, SF has been a wasteland for years now

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:57 am

I like AP stories myself...

FOXBOROUGH, Mass. (AP) -- Even though the New England Patriots are running short of running backs, Laurence Maroney says he won't jeopardize his health to return to the lineup.

Maroney has missed three straight games with a groin injury. Backup Sammy Morris filled in with a pair of 100-yard games before hurting his chest in last Sunday's win over the Cowboys.

Morris is expected to miss this week's game in Miami. Maroney said Morris' status won't affect his own.

"You've still got to know your body and know your injury," Maroney said. "Just because another person went down doesn't mean that you have to speed your (rehab) up and then hurt yourself more. Now the two of you are out for even longer instead of being patient.

"I'm still going to be patient and whatever (coach Bill) Belichick and the trainers have for me this week is what they have."

Maroney, who warmed up on the field before the Cowboys game but was not activated, said he worries about being labeled injury prone. As a first-round rookie last season he missed two games and then underwent offseason shoulder surgery.

"Coming off one injury as it is and then coming into another one, it definitely is frustrating," he said. "I just can't get rid of these things."

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 10:59 am

quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
on a side note, GG will be talking about Maroney next year the way he talks about Gore now. i don't think the Pats offense is going anywhere with mr brady around. on the other side, SF has been a wasteland for years now [/QUOTE]With Mr Brady around, why do they need to run?

See boxscore last week.

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:04 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
With Mr Brady around, why do they need to run?

See boxscore last week. the lack of fact checking and not doing your own work is becoming apparent on this thread. NE leads the NFL in rushing attempts. geez, some of u guys are really out there :rolleyes:

[ October 18, 2007, 05:06 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Gordon Gekko

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by Gordon Gekko » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:07 am

the 2nd to last team in rushing attempts, you guessed it SF

ultimatefs

Maroney ALREADY out???

Post by ultimatefs » Thu Oct 18, 2007 11:11 am

quote:Originally posted by JohnZ:
With Mr Brady around, why do they need to run?

See boxscore last week. the lack of fact checking and not doing your own work is becoming apparent on this thread. NE leads the NFL in rushing attempts. geez, some of u guys are really out there :rolleyes:
[/QUOTE]They still don't need to run as proven last week.

And, they are 4th, not first in rushing attempts. Now don't try and sell me I should count their extra game played over Tenn, Pitt and Oak, all of whom had byes already and average more attempts.

You're slipping GG! Don't let Maroney slip again! He'll hurt himself!

Your next reply will be your weakest yet. Quit while you're behind.