Commish Big D (Marc Quitsch)

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:54 pm

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
I might be interested in the August 14th auction. I really like this format. I do have to admit, it was very nice being the first one finished. When I left warrior still only had 12 of his 26 players.

Which teams do you guys like?

Wayne Wayne,

If you are interested in participating on August 14th sign up. Due to a conflict that came up today, I may not be able to do that one, and would need someone to take over promoting it. I am going out of town next week so getting it together may be tough on my end anyhow...... ANY TAKERS???

As for the team I like, it has to be Don Thompson's team. Although he is a little lean at RB, if Edge and Jamal Lewis perform like they should (nothing special), I think he has everyone beat everywhere else. He is deep at ALL positions except RB, and depth is a huge factor in a DC.

On a side note, I thought it was interesting to how much the QB's were going for. Jason Campbell for $7, Jeff Garcia for $6, Joey Harrington for $4, etc. I really had NO intention of spending more than $2 or $3 on my backup guys, played the waiting game and therefore am stuck with Tavaris Jackson as my #2! :eek: Oh well, lesson learned as I still like my team to finish in the top 1/2 of this league, unless McCardell and Roydell Willams get a lot of playing time, I don't think I can hang with Don.

Steel Curtain

Post by Steel Curtain » Wed Aug 01, 2007 2:58 pm

Awwwwwwww, c'mon Snakey. Surely you're not that thin-skinned. But you're missing the point. In a DC league, your entire team is the starting team. You seemed to be giving it out pretty good last night and I guess I just figured that was the way you liked it. Since I now know that your sensitive, I'll back down. I never did like picking a fight with the smallest kid on the playground, so there's no reason to start now I guess. I should have know better anyways. Getting in a pissing match on a message board is like winning a race in Special Olympics....even if you win, you still look retarded.
I'll say "Ho, Ho, Ho" any damn time I please

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:11 pm

Thompson has an incredibly deep team. I really like his team. He has a ton of downside at rb though. I believe the my uncle edge and grandpa jamal are his running backs. :D

Just kidding but that team is very good.

Wayne

Don

Post by Don » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:31 pm

I thought in a DM I could pick the players best season as my average points, James and Lewis are Studs.
It was a fun draft, but very hard to manage your money on 26 players.

Good luck all

mkrucek

Post by mkrucek » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:41 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...the false bravado and King Kong-like self-chest-thumping on the part of 4EX & StealCurtains is becoming quite predictable, boring and really rather tiresome hereSeems someone has gotten under your scales my FF comrade, yet 4D doesn't believe he said anything on this thread to you. And thanks for looking at 4D as King Kong but please, it must be your vantage point slithering along the ground that makes him seem larger than life.

...also, and this will be the final time that SNAKE addresses this issue UNLESS he gets an affirmitave response here (which he's really not expecting from the two sacless mongoose cowards aforementioned) - when either of you two comrades are ready to wager with SNAKE on whose Main squad (sans Auction) goes further in 2007 (draft slot sight unseen or otherwise if ya like), please let him know...until that time, all of your rhetoric shall be considered simply empty and shallow...either put up the ca$h to wager with SNAKE or simply STFU...thanks much comrades...Now really Snake, what would that say about the goals 4D sets for himself? 4D thinks you should bet yourself as you have a better shot of winning that way. 4D has loftier goals that involve more human opponents, but he will try to be more sensitive to the feelings of the serpent that he has gotten under the scales of.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

gomizzouman

Post by gomizzouman » Wed Aug 01, 2007 3:53 pm

I agree with Billy on the quarterbacks. Matt Schaub, and a majority ownership in Oakland and Cleveland wasn't exactly my pre-draft vision.

Thompson, Wayne, Capt and RI all stand out to me as a potential cut above the rest...Everyone else has a weak spot and will need lots of scenarios to cash..IMHO
It takes a great person to be truly humble, and a humble person to be truly great.

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Thu Aug 02, 2007 12:42 am

Originally posted by Team Thompson:

Good luck all Definitely was something new for everyone (not sure how much $$ they used last year?), so I think we all learned a little.

da bears

Post by da bears » Thu Aug 02, 2007 2:30 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Team Thompson:

Good luck all Definitely was something new for everyone (not sure how much $$ they used last year?), so I think we all learned a little.
[/QUOTE]Not exactly thrilled with my team, but believe I'll compete. I agree it was tough drafting a team of 26 players and I overspent on a couple of players. But overall I had fun drafting and really like this format. Thanks Billy for setting this league up and thanks once again Marc for doing a great job as commish.
Bauler Shot Caller