"Final" Mid season format

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:46 am

looks like league B is already slacking
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:54 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
looks like league B is already slacking Absolutely - League B is the slacker league and I will come in last place in it.

Dave
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Fri Oct 01, 2004 12:31 pm

i wonder if my $16 bid for draft slot #1 will win it for me?

JerseyPaul

Post by JerseyPaul » Fri Oct 01, 2004 1:18 pm

Let's get the rest of those authorizations/bids into Greg so we can finalize the draft order.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:11 am

Two more in last night. I think that gives us 21. I'm working Sunday morning, so Dave and I will talk before noon EST. I'll run the draft order then and have them online in this thread by noon CST. Sound good?

Interesting bids indeed. But getting everyone to give me bids shows how difficult this process would be if you ran it with hundreds of people.

I assume you want me to showcase all of the bids once they're all done, correct? Let me know Dyv.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:22 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Two more in last night. I think that gives us 21. I'm working Sunday morning, so Dave and I will talk before noon EST. I'll run the draft order then and have them online in this thread by noon CST. Sound good?

Interesting bids indeed. But getting everyone to give me bids shows how difficult this process would be if you ran it with hundreds of people.

I assume you want me to showcase all of the bids once they're all done, correct? Let me know Dyv. Yep, I think showcasing is important for discussion and observation of the strategy.

Greg, can you email me the exact list of 21 or (whatever the number is at this point) you've received?

I'm going to send a personal email to the remaining 7 and will replace them at noon if they haven't replied.

As of right now, we have 1 alternate - would be nice if we could find 2-3 more. I won't let this thing get held up by a handful of folks... not fair and not helpful.

Greg, two options I can see if you think about taking this mainstream...

1. You give everyone a hard deadline and make it explicit that they will default to zero bids across the board if they don't reply.

2. You tell everyone to be perfectly ready at the draft and you do the bidding live just before the draft. (Sealed blind bid)

On the flipside, considering this thing was put together Thursday evening it doesn't seem that outrageous that 36 hours later we have 21 of 28 already!

Dave

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:33 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Interesting bids indeed. But getting everyone to give me bids shows how difficult this process would be if you ran it with hundreds of people. Greg,
There's no reason it couldn't be automated on the STATS/NFFC website, just like the FA process is.

Route Collectors

Post by Route Collectors » Sat Oct 02, 2004 5:45 am

On the flipside, considering this thing was put together Thursday evening it doesn't seem that outrageous that 36 hours later we have 21 of 28 already!

Dave

Good pt. Dyv. Do you havw alternates standing by or do we need to circle the wagons?

RC

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:02 am

Have some KP staff fill up the unwanted slots (#12-#14). Be fun to see if they can win from the "lesser spots".

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Sat Oct 02, 2004 6:12 am

We have 1 alternate for sure, I'm guessing we could get a couple more between now and decision time at noon tomorrow.

Dave