Rules Proposals For 2008

Diesel

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Diesel » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:06 am

GoGetta, you know 100% that you got totally lucky by winning the 100k. There was no skill involved, and let's not pretend there was.

LMAO...kidding. Dude, you've got 100K. There are no arguments why or how. If anyone has an opinion on why you won, just fan a few hundred, hundred dollar bills in their face to cool you off....LMAO

Congratulations!

Marc
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

renman

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by renman » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:15 am

I do not think ultimatefantasycheatsheets is knocking the champion with his point about LT. The title of the thread is "promosed rule changes" and he is just throwing out an idea.

I happen to think 3RR does go far enough to balance things out and at the very least we would need a 3-4 year sample to judge things from. Keep in mind, last year, WITHOUT 3RR the Tomlinson/top drafting teams did not dominate the top spots in the final standings. Many things go into a fantasy season to determine who wins and loses. I think 3RR gives the fantasy player that sensation of fairness and combined with KDS, the sensation of some control. I think we have the right balance now.

I also think we always have to make sure we keep the format and event set up in a way for mass appeal. We have to be careful tinkering with something (that is clearly a great product) too too much to the point we mess it up or turn people off.

-I think we must change the deadline to Thurday late to make sure we do not ever have the wrong people winning a game. That is more important than the occasional time where someone has to wait for a confirmed game outcome until Thursday.

-I brought up the defense thing a couple years ago regarding how a defense LOSES points on the sideline when the offense gives up a score. Not sure what could be done about this.

-I don't think we need to go to minus 2 for QB int's but do not have strong feelings on it one way or the other. We currently have a league where QB play is important and such that the "I will wait until after round 7 to grab a QB" strategy has to be questioned by some. I think anything that can jumble up the different approaches people take toward drafting is a good thing. Overly predictable draft boards are not a good thing.

Just my 2 cents

[ December 26, 2007, 11:22 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:27 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
As a lot of people have said, it was not LT that led us to the championship. He only played the first half in the last two weeks!! He still scored 43 points total in those two weeks. Imagine if he had've played the second halves of those games. He probably would've scored at least 40 in each. Then you can say LT helped lead us. But being as it is, he was a factor in the playoffs and during the season, but not the sole reason. He only had one breakout game during the season and that was against the Raiders. We really relied on other people such as Witten, Watson, Plax, Engram, Colston and Anderson. Keep 3RR, it's not a problem at all. If you have a good draft then it will not matter what postition you draft from. To clarify, I am not criticizing your win at all. You won and did it by using all facets of team management.

I pointed out that both the NFFC and WCOFF had LT on their rosters. That is not a coincidence to me.

If a team can start with the advantage of having an LT and then compound it with great roster management, then they will be very tough to beat. Even in a year that produces what teams with Brady/Moss/ADP have done.

Kudos for the win. You know I already had congratulated you even before the Chargers game in a PM. So, my post is in no way an attack on your team.
[/QUOTE]Sorry, but you threw his team under the bus w/o knowing ANYTHING about his team except that he drafted #1 and had LT. The shortsightedness of that is beyond description.

I CLEARLY posted many reasons why they won and you threw that under the bus also.

The ONLY coincidence that team has with other teams is EXCELLENT roster management skills and a lot of good breaks.

Brady, Moss and AP ALL SUCKED during Weeks 14-16.

Repeat this until it sinks in and explain to me how draft slots have a bearing on this? I can't wait for your answer on this one.

THAT is why those teams didn't win. If the #2 team (Duo) has Colston and S.McDonald come CLOSE to their averages, then THEY win. It was so INCREDIBLY close ALL WEEK between those two that to assign the reason they won to draft spot is the most ludicrous thing I've read on these boards in a long time.

If they would have played to regular season levels, then they would have won.

[ December 26, 2007, 11:33 AM: Message edited by: JohnZ ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.

Inf4life

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Inf4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:32 am

I didn't see it as an attack on us at all nor did I take offense to it. I know that you and other people aren't criticizing us. I just wanted to state that LT was a factor in getting us there but not the main factor in winning it. In fact, he almost cost us the win. It just happened that he didn't choke when it counted like some other people did, ie: Brady and AP. I appreciate all the congrats from everybody. It was a long stressful road that ended Monday night.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

pizzatyme

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:39 am

Originally posted by JohnZ:
quote:Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
quote:Originally posted by Go Getta:
As a lot of people have said, it was not LT that led us to the championship. He only played the first half in the last two weeks!! He still scored 43 points total in those two weeks. Imagine if he had've played the second halves of those games. He probably would've scored at least 40 in each. Then you can say LT helped lead us. But being as it is, he was a factor in the playoffs and during the season, but not the sole reason. He only had one breakout game during the season and that was against the Raiders. We really relied on other people such as Witten, Watson, Plax, Engram, Colston and Anderson. Keep 3RR, it's not a problem at all. If you have a good draft then it will not matter what postition you draft from. To clarify, I am not criticizing your win at all. You won and did it by using all facets of team management.

I pointed out that both the NFFC and WCOFF had LT on their rosters. That is not a coincidence to me.

If a team can start with the advantage of having an LT and then compound it with great roster management, then they will be very tough to beat. Even in a year that produces what teams with Brady/Moss/ADP have done.

Kudos for the win. You know I already had congratulated you even before the Chargers game in a PM. So, my post is in no way an attack on your team.
[/QUOTE]Sorry, but you threw his team under the bus w/o knowing ANYTHING about his team except that he drafted #1 and had LT. The shortsightedness of that is beyond description.

I CLEARLY posted many reasons why they won and you threw that under the bus also.

The ONLY coincidence that team has with other teams is EXCELLENT roster management skills and a lot of good breaks.

Brady, Moss and AP ALL SUCKED during Weeks 14-16.

Repeat this until it sinks in and explain to me how draft slots have a bearing on this? I can't wait for your answer on this one.

THAT is why those teams didn't win. If the #2 team (Duo) has Colston and S.McDonald come CLOSE to their averages, then THEY win. It was so INCREDIBLY close ALL WEEK between those two that to assign the reason they won to draft spot is the most ludicrous thing I've read on these boards in a long time.

If they would have played to regular season levels, then they would have won.
[/QUOTE]Here's a thought, have a nice day. You're obviously looking for a fight. You're not getting it here.

Happy Holidays!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:41 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
I didn't see it as an attack on us at all nor did I take offense to it. I know that you and other people aren't criticizing us. I just wanted to state that LT was a factor in getting us there but not the main factor in winning it. In fact, he almost cost us the win. It just happened that he didn't choke when it counted like some other people did, ie: Brady and AP. I appreciate all the congrats from everybody. It was a long stressful road that ended Monday night. You are correct. I don't think he did it on purpose at all, but he did do it.

I've seen a lot of winners and losers over the years and it obviously irks me when people discredit the champion in ANY form, especially when you guys obviously scratched and clawed for every point possible the entire season.

To IMPLY that your success was based on your draft slot with ALL THOSE FAAB moves and drafting Watson is so shortsighted.

Were your starting QB's week 15 and 16 based on being the #1 pick? :confused:

Inf4life

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by Inf4life » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:42 am

No, they were based on weather and matchups. Hahaha.
2007 NFFC Classic Champion

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:49 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Here's a thought, have a nice day. You're obviously looking for a fight. You're not getting it here.

Happy Holidays! Not at all. Had to point out the many flaws with your post. Sorry, this is a MB.

You threw out an idea. I rebuffed it. Feel free to rebuff mine.

Have a good one!

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Dec 26, 2007 5:54 am

Originally posted by Go Getta:
No, they were based on weather and matchups. Hahaha. LOL... Wish that would have worked for me!!!

ultimatefs

Rules Proposals For 2008

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Dec 26, 2007 6:21 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:

Give it some time, and then we will see if 3RR truly works or not. NO ONE would like to be judged on their ability solely after one season, yet some people want to judge 3RR after just one.

I simply don't get it. :confused: There are too many 10th round breakouts, injuries, lineup decisions and just flat out fluky NFL plays that dictate the final outcome, NONE of which have ANY bearing on your draft slot.

Like TK always says, it's whom you take.

The guy I played in LV1 Championship drafted #11. He had Westbrook. He made the right choice and was rewarded.

Rd 9/10, I drafted Ben and Welker. He drafted Muhammed and Wade. I was rewarded.

I point those out because 9/10 aren't really draft slot related picks.

It's as simple as that folks.