Am I Crazy?

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Sat Dec 05, 2009 3:40 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
True. And if Schiancoe outscores Scaife by 15, that could cost you too. It ain't easy, for sure. ;) ...yeah man, "It Ain't Easy (When You Fall)" which happens to be the title of one of the most beautiful and greatest R&R ballads of all-time imho (by one of my favorite R&R bands of all-time - Mott The Hoople)...GK [/QUOTE]I think I see the problem here ... when Favre was signed you said you were dropping ALL Vikings in there rankings and wouldn't have any of them on your team. What happened? Change of heart when push came to shove? If you didn't have Shank ... you wouldn't be in this predicament (as you would have been out of the running by now)

Big Mike (If Favre had been a bust ... you would never let me here the end of it either BTW)
Hakuna Matata!

bobsgym13

Am I Crazy?

Post by bobsgym13 » Sat Dec 05, 2009 4:28 am

More stats to toss around

Average DEF allows 11.7 points to opposing TE's

Scaife vs Indy (Indy allows 6.7 vs TE)
Shiancoe vs ARI (ARI allows 12.6 vs TE)

I ran last 6 and full season with negligible differences.

Bob
Luck in FF is like a game of Russian Roulette. The BWaz's of the world only have one bullet to spin - the rest of us have two. It's still mostly luck, but ...
-By Bob (For Gekko)

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Sat Dec 05, 2009 5:15 am

Originally posted by GK:

5) who would YOU roll with this week given the present circumstances - Shiancoe or Scaife?...

...thanks much...GK I would play Scaife.

I think Vince Young has to throw. He loves his TE's. Scaife might catch 30 - 40% of his targets.

I think the Vikings have a great match up. But if Warner is out ... it could be a run fest for Peterson. Shiancoe is the #4 receiver. You throw in the risk of Shiancoe getting pulled or even not playing ... and Scaife is your play IMO.

Good Luck
Hakuna Matata!

BillyWaz

Am I Crazy?

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:27 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by GK:
True. And if Schiancoe outscores Scaife by 15, that could cost you too. It ain't easy, for sure. ;) ...yeah man, "It Ain't Easy (When You Fall)" which happens to be the title of one of the most beautiful and greatest R&R ballads of all-time imho (by one of my favorite R&R bands of all-time - Mott The Hoople)...GK [/QUOTE]I think I see the problem here ... when Favre was signed you said you were dropping ALL Vikings in there rankings and wouldn't have any of them on your team. What happened? Change of heart when push came to shove? If you didn't have Shank ... you wouldn't be in this predicament (as you would have been out of the running by now)

Big Mike (If Favre had been a bust ... you would never let me here the end of it either BTW)
[/QUOTE]2) Shinacoe has NOT been responsible for me winning my second consecutive Main Event Classic League
[/QUOTE]Glenn,

I didn't realize that you already locked the Classic title up. No chance at a 3 week playoff for the extra $2,500, you already have the entire $5,000 wrapped up???

Congrats! :D

If that is the case, what does it really matter who you play??? Go for the gold with Shiancoe! ;)

[ December 05, 2009, 12:32 PM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Glenneration X

Am I Crazy?

Post by Glenneration X » Sat Dec 05, 2009 6:59 am

I also have to make up 28 points to win my Online Championships league.

When you have to make up points, you go for upside....no?

I'd go Schiancoe.

Glenn

BillyWaz

Am I Crazy?

Post by BillyWaz » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:18 am

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:

[/QUOTE]2) Shinacoe has NOT been responsible for me winning my second consecutive Main Event Classic League
[/QUOTE]Glenn,

I didn't realize that you already locked the Classic title up. No chance at a 3 week playoff for the extra $2,500, you already have the entire $5,000 wrapped up???

Congrats! :D

If that is the case, what does it really matter who you play??? Go for the gold with Shiancoe! ;)
[/QUOTE]...not quite - allow me to clarify here...I want to avoid the potential looming 3 week playoffs with Dirty Deeds with $2,500 at stake and NEED to outscore him by 28 points regardless of whether I win or lose my final game as I have already wrapped up the best H2H as you can see here...but in order to avoid that potential 3 week playoff for the remaining $2,500 (after I pocket the first $2,500, thank you) and win the entire 5K THIS weekend EVERY POINT counts so is it balls to the wall with Shinacoe or is it kissing your sister with Scaife?...thanks much...GK

STANDINGS
NFFC W L T PTS

SNAKE 9 3 0 1630.95
Master Chief 8 4 0 1575.3
MEDFORD MAULERS 8 4 0 1491.75
DIRTY DEEDS 7 5 0 1658.75
MIAMI CANES 7 5 0 1551.75
'Team Schroeder' 6 6 0 1479.45
Superpions 6 6 0 1432
BLADES N BONES 6 6 0 1352.7
The Professional 5 7 0 1531.05
Eagles 7 5 7 0 1497.2
RapTors 5 7 0 1470.8
Jive Turkeys 4 8 0 1453.3
Detroit Adroit 4 8 0 1419.7
Without Cause 4 8 0 1358.3
[/QUOTE]Your original post said you had already won your 2nd consecutive Classic title. :confused:

Regardless, I think "counting your chickens" is bad karma, and unfortunately are now doomed with either decision.

NEVER say you have something "wrapped up" (unless it truly is). Whether it is boasting or overconfidence, it comes back to get you more times than not. :(

Just my opinion, and I wish you the best of "luck". ;)

mikeybok

Am I Crazy?

Post by mikeybok » Sat Dec 05, 2009 7:19 am

Originally posted by Glenneration X:
I also have to make up 28 points to win my Online Championships league.

When you have to make up points, you go for upside....no?

I'd go Schiancoe.

Glenn It depends. I you expect to win by more than 28 ... you would still play conservative. I also assume you would look at the other teams players and matchups. If my opponent had Favre I would be less likely to play Shank if I was behind. If he had Chris Johnson ... I would be more likely to play Scaife. It still comes down to a gut check call IMO. The Tomatoes have a BUNCH of those kind of calls to make this weekend too.
Hakuna Matata!