SO, WHAT spot are you drafting from and WHAT number KDS prefernce did YOU get?!?

TOMDOG

SO, WHAT spot are you drafting from and WHAT number KDS prefernce did YOU get?!?

Post by TOMDOG » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:31 am

Got my 3rd choice in the classic,#12
and my 2nd choice in the primetime,#11

And it feels great,i love kds.
Thanks guys,very well done,cant wait to draft.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:41 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
russ - shoot me the draft from 12 playbook!!! Mark, using the MB Consensus Mock draft as an example, you could start:

Calvin
Jennings
Ronnie Brown

or

Westbrook
Jennings
Gonzo

Just a couple of options. HTH
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

da bears

Post by da bears » Mon Aug 31, 2009 2:50 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
pick 12, 11th KDS (probably one of the worst in the NFFC) I shouldn't comment on individual leagues, but I ran the KDS for this one and it stood out immediately. It was one of the only leagues that I ran the KDS for where NOBODY wanted to move down. Everyone seemed to have a plan for the top and very few in this league got their top preference. For those who were randomly picked at the end in this league, they either wanted to be at the back or had no choice. Sometimes that happens and others in this league also probably aren't all that excited about their KDS preference.

Interesting and the league before this one everyone wanted a spot all over the board and everyone got their top three preferred spots. Crazy, but that's the kind of year it's going to be in 2009

Good luck all.
[/QUOTE]no worries greg. i just looked at the options available at the back end and are warming up to them!
[/QUOTE]I knew you would Mark. ;)

I have the 13th spot in the classic and the 9th spot in the Primetime.
Bauler Shot Caller

renman

Post by renman » Mon Aug 31, 2009 3:41 am

Greg,

It is amazing to see how many people got one of their top choices via KDS. I remember the discussions about KDS a few years ago and I know it was my belief that much more often than not people would end up happy with a spot that was easily in the top half of what they wanted.

I got the 7th pick in the classic (which was my 7th choice) and thought that was likely one of the worst results. I am shocked by the example you gave where Gekko got his 11th choice! Though his 11th choice is my 1st choice so I would be thrilled to be in that spot.

In the Primetime I got the 10th position and I believe that was my 2nd choice if I am not mistaken. So I am happy with that. I am also happy that some very respected people are in both my leagues and I look forward to the competition.

While in the grand scheme of things we all know one can win anywhere on a draft board and getting the spot you want is of minimal help in reality. The perception is completely different. It just FEELS good and results in less people entering a high stakes event feeling they are already at a disadvantage. I think this is just another ringing endorsment of KDS.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:18 am

Glenn, ofcourse there is. I'm just tossing out scenarios.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

trueblue

Post by trueblue » Mon Aug 31, 2009 5:57 am

quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
pick 12, 11th KDS (probably one of the worst in the NFFC) I shouldn't comment on individual leagues, but I ran the KDS for this one and it stood out immediately. It was one of the only leagues that I ran the KDS for where NOBODY wanted to move down. Everyone seemed to have a plan for the top and very few in this league got their top preference. For those who were randomly picked at the end in this league, they either wanted to be at the back or had no choice. Sometimes that happens and others in this league also probably aren't all that excited about their KDS preference.

Interesting and the league before this one everyone wanted a spot all over the board and everyone got their top three preferred spots. Crazy, but that's the kind of year it's going to be in 2009

Good luck all.
[/QUOTE]no worries greg. i just looked at the options available at the back end and are warming up to them!
[/QUOTE]mark
i think you're going to see the possibility of a very successful draft from the rear.

bill

Old School

Post by Old School » Wed Sep 02, 2009 4:26 am

Interesting KDS results. Seems as if a majority got their first or second preference. Of all mine, I haven't got better than 5th or 6th preference