nag

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jun 13, 2005 4:13 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
Well, Jason Emma signed up for the NFFC and Greg called him "the defending champion" (which he is!).yes he is. who said he wasn't?

Anyone else here think Gordon is taking ALL the credit for his team's success, when in reality, the only reason he is more well known than Jason is because he is more vocal on the message boards? taking all of the credit? what credit isn't he getting? give him some if you want. i can only speak for myself.

You never answered my question Gekko... Did Jason pay 1/2 the entry fee, yet you paid him less than half the winnings? greg wrote the check to one person (principal manager), which was me, and the funds were divided up. what piece of the story don't you understand? maybe you never cashed that big a check before?
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

BillyWaz

nag

Post by BillyWaz » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:04 am

You never answered my question Gekko... Did Jason pay 1/2 the entry fee, yet you paid him less than half the winnings? greg wrote the check to one person (principal manager), which was me, and the funds were divided up. what piece of the story don't you understand? maybe you never cashed that big a check before? [/QB][/quote]

I'm not disputing the fact that the check was made out to you Gekko. My point is telling everyone that YOU won $100,000, when in reality you only won half of that, minus the taxes. You didn't make $100,000 last year in fantasy football, you made $50,000 minus the taxes (if you split the winnings fairly, provided Jason paid half the entry fee).

And as for cashing that big a check, no I haven't. But I did cash one for over $25,000 and was the best out of over 9,000 people, so I can see where you are coming at from that standpoint! ;)

[ June 13, 2005, 11:04 AM: Message edited by: BillyWaz ]

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Mon Jun 13, 2005 5:21 am

...You didn't make $100,000 last year in fantasy football, you made $50,000 minus the taxes (if you split the winnings fairly, provided Jason paid half the entry fee).
The way I hear it, Jason also paid him $6.50/hour as the working partner, increasing gordie's share by approximately $800 and catapulting him into the next tax bracket.
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:38 am

Both Jason and I earned the $100,000 last year. Sorry if you don't see it that way.

[ June 13, 2005, 01:57 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]

Greg Ambrosius

nag

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Jun 13, 2005 7:48 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Personally ... If I were Greg ... I would make league Champion stats available ... First ... Maybe Second and Third. I don't want think you want to post last place finishes ... I would hate to see some people leave the league because they have bad prior year stats posted.

Somethink like UYT's 2004 Draft Champions Winner, 2005 Draft Champions 2nd, 2005 Auction Draft 3rd, 2005 1250 Auction Draft Winner.

No one wants to see Gekko with 2005 Auction draft 12th place, 2005 1250 Auction draft 14th place, 2005 Main event 11th place. :D My goal is to have Lifetime Standings for the main event and the Draft Champions Leagues. It's easy to do that as you can rank players by the year's end total points for both events. I'm still working on the thought process for the auction leagues as some teams only played 13 weeks last year and others went into the playoffs. We'll see how we can work that out, but that might be tougher.

The goal with Lifetime Standings is to have a track record of accomplishments for those who started with us. As we gain in popularity through the years, we'll figure out a way to include those who didn't participate from Year One. We'll either do yearly average scores or something like that for those who have played in more than just one season. Should be fun and hopefully create some camraderie and rivalries. We currently have Lifetime Standings in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship and are still tweaking that, but so far the guys are having fun with it as those rankings change every day.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

moyer1313

nag

Post by moyer1313 » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:36 am

Greg,

Please, do include the Auction records in the Lifetime Records.

Tracking who made the Playoffs each year, who finished where in the Playoffs, Regular Season records, Regular Season Points Scored, etc., are all things we'd look back on and, hopefully, say, "I remember when...."

Thanks,
Mark
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95

Nag'

nag

Post by Nag' » Mon Jun 13, 2005 8:48 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Both Jason and I earned the $100,000 last year. Sorry if you don't see it that way. I see no problem with that statement. Just like if you would say: Bill Gates and I are worth $40 billion. That would be an absolute truth.

[ June 13, 2005, 02:53 PM: Message edited by: Nag' ]
For Players. By Players.

Gordon Gekko

nag

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Jun 13, 2005 9:25 am

Originally posted by Nag':
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
Both Jason and I earned the $100,000 last year. Sorry if you don't see it that way. I see no problem with that statement. Just like if you would say: Bill Gates and I are worth $40 billion. That would be an absolute truth. [/QUOTE]great, we agree. let's move on. this is becoming quite unproductive.

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:42 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
Personally ... If I were Greg ... I would make league Champion stats available ... First ... Maybe Second and Third. I don't want think you want to post last place finishes ... I would hate to see some people leave the league because they have bad prior year stats posted.

Somethink like UYT's 2004 Draft Champions Winner, 2005 Draft Champions 2nd, 2005 Auction Draft 3rd, 2005 1250 Auction Draft Winner.

No one wants to see Gekko with 2005 Auction draft 12th place, 2005 1250 Auction draft 14th place, 2005 Main event 11th place. :D My goal is to have Lifetime Standings for the main event and the Draft Champions Leagues. It's easy to do that as you can rank players by the year's end total points for both events. I'm still working on the thought process for the auction leagues as some teams only played 13 weeks last year and others went into the playoffs. We'll see how we can work that out, but that might be tougher.

The goal with Lifetime Standings is to have a track record of accomplishments for those who started with us. As we gain in popularity through the years, we'll figure out a way to include those who didn't participate from Year One. We'll either do yearly average scores or something like that for those who have played in more than just one season. Should be fun and hopefully create some camraderie and rivalries. We currently have Lifetime Standings in the National Fantasy Baseball Championship and are still tweaking that, but so far the guys are having fun with it as those rankings change every day.
[/QUOTE]How about including the number of league championships under each players name on the message boards ... and include all leagues ... a win is a win ... and you might get more sign ups for the other events ... also something like an "04" by Gekko to show he was the "04" overall winner ... he is due his props. (and it would be more interesting than number of posts).

Gekko
Winner 04

Team Eliason
WINs 1
Hakuna Matata!

mikeybok

nag

Post by mikeybok » Mon Jun 13, 2005 10:44 am

Although I think we are off topic.

This thread should be about Nag ... sorry Nag :D
Hakuna Matata!