NFFC FAAB Deadline Update

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Sep 21, 2011 12:03 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by COZ:
I prefer Wednesday's for weeks 10-13 as Greg suggested. If we do Friday we are basically frozen out of waiver wire additions for the two Thursday teams playing & who knows if there could be a huge pick-up from one of those two teams from the Thursday game. And then we are prevented from even bidding on that player/players. Imagine the **** storm that hits when that happens. In a way, this creates a disadvantage to players who may have saved their FAAB money for later in the year. No players should be frozen out of FAAB bidding in a given week simply because people do not want to think about it on a Wednesday.

Additionally, no rule should ever be adopted that appeals to laziness and the lowest common denominator...(" I don't want to even begin thinking about waiver pick-ups on a Wednesday...") If you don't want to think about FAAB bidding on Wednesday then don't. But don't prevent those of us that do from possibly bidding on those players. If you don't want to think about it, go to your free 12 team Yahoo!/ESPN bubblegum leagues. There is plenty of information by Wednesday to make your roster decisions.

I am shocked by the overall agreement to just freeze us out of the Thursday game FAAB. Keep it on Wednesdays, Greg. Wednesday FAAB is not ideal because the NFL plays on Thursdays, thus this is the best of a less than ideal situation. I don't like being frozen out of players, either. However, to me, this is all about making the most out of a poor situation.

I can sum it up in one run-on sentence: the additional information you will have in Weeks 10, 11 and 13 to make BETTER (i.e. more-informed) free agent pickups should more than offset the lost opportunity of missing out on the Thursday night players.
[/QUOTE]Agreed Again!!!

KOQ for President! :D

Wayne

Dedhed-J

Post by Dedhed-J » Wed Sep 21, 2011 1:26 am

I like the Friday night deadline for all weeks except Thanksgiving week (Wednesday night deadline.) It could also make for some interesting bids on Friday if there are any significant injuries during the Thursday games. Just my thoughts. Good call KOQ!!!!! Jason

abruski17

Post by abruski17 » Fri Sep 23, 2011 1:21 pm

I could live with having a FAAB run on Wednesday and also Friday, but I'd lean strongly toward just having it on Wednesday.

Building a roster that has flexibility and managing the risk/reward of the depth at each position is the essence of the game.

This kind of reminds me of Norm and Cliff in Cheers setting out the ground rules before they actually have the fight.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Fri Sep 23, 2011 2:20 pm

I'm managing 5 nffc teams this year that include faab. Definitely don't want to have to deal with faab twice in one week.

Definitely like the Friday deadline for faab over Wednesday - more time to assess injury news.

I'm all for KOQ's suggestion to run faab on Wednesday only during Thanksgiving week.

More teams playing that Thursday and harder to do faab on Friday when so many of us are travelling.

Chi_Town_FEW

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Fri Sep 23, 2011 4:15 pm

I agree it is a pain in the ass, but two or Wednesday is the way to go. If Vick or McCoy go down in week 12 and you are in the fight for first place and the NFFC tells you sorry, it was to much trouble for people to pick on Wednesday, I know Kafka started instead of Young and was worth 28 points, but you know what, Gabbert is still there for Sunday, and look so is Kapernick. Sorry, did not work out, fourth place, its only $1400, there is the consolation round.
Sorry about that, but you get my sarcasm. it would be horrible not to have a chance to be able to pick up ALL available players every week. That would be the biggest disadvantage to to some, not all, everyones roster is different, that I could imagine. I find it amazing so many people are ok with having games played where there are free agents available that will be locked out in the stretch run.
Sorry for the rant again, I wont post anymore on it, I just feel strong about this one, the odds are slim it will really screw someone, but it could in a really major way.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Tue Oct 04, 2011 1:55 pm

Just a reminder -- only a few weeks left to nail this down.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Oct 05, 2011 1:02 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Just a reminder -- only a few weeks left to nail this down. We're on this and hopefully we'll have good news soon. We have some testing to do first, but we will make a decision on the FAAB deadlines starting with the Thursday games soon. We haven't lost sight of this, I promise.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Oct 05, 2011 3:59 pm

Thanks, Greg. Please keep us posted with any developments.

Money

Post by Money » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:18 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by King of Queens:
Just a reminder -- only a few weeks left to nail this down. We're on this and hopefully we'll have good news soon. We have some testing to do first, but we will make a decision on the FAAB deadlines starting with the Thursday games soon. We haven't lost sight of this, I promise. [/QUOTE]I'm way behind here. Can you explain the issue?

Thanks.
Joe

Fro

Post by Fro » Thu Oct 06, 2011 9:07 am

I would vote to keep it on wednesdays.

Part of the skill of prognostication is reading the coachspeak, making ciritcal decisions on injury related issues, and preparing for the worst.

Being able to read a situation to the best of your abilities is highlighted by early week bidding.

Looking up free agents for a week is not for me. What if was the last week of bidding and your starting QB goes down on thursday night. You surrender all rights to his backup.