NFFC Classic: Best Return On Investment In The NFFC

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:07 am

Your projected revenue is $450,800 which is 322x$1400, mine is $466,900 which is 322x$1450.

Yours is revenue, mine is cost to the player. You might not count the $50 as revenue, but it sure counts as cost to play the event.

That's the only difference in the numbers. If you only pay $1400 then 76% is correct. FFPC event fee is $150 I think, so their 78% is much lower than that...I got 72%.

I got the 76% Payback because we paid by check, early and for two teams, but my original point was only that anyone who crunched the numbers on your 322 team projected payout might've looked at other options that pay back more. The experience and the quality of the contest count for something in my book.

The NFFC $125 Winner Take all pays back an industry tops 86% but nobody is even playing those at all, so that's how much everyone looks at this stuff.

[ August 24, 2011, 02:14 PM: Message edited by: felixflamingo ]

joetreff

Post by joetreff » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:21 am

In case you are interested the top games for ROI I found were:

NFFC $125 Winner Take all 85.71%
FFPC $750 Live Draft 85.00%
FFPC $250 Satellite Pay top 3 85.00%
FFPC $150 Pay top 2 83.33%
NFFC $125 Pay top 3 81.43%
NFFC $60's 80.6%

So it's pretty evenly divided among the two main reputable contests...I did leave out a lot of other games though, so those are not the absolute top 6, just a sample out of about 20 I looked at.

CDM Sports is a distant 3rd with all their payouts 80% or lower.

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:41 am

Great thread here and a lot of great points being made. I'll throw in my thoughts for whatever they are worth. ;)

The Classic - drastically reduce the overall prize and make this league the place for the die hards to play. Increase the league prizes and let us play for a title. It could even be a $20,000 overall prize. Keep KDS and 3RR. Not everyone is going to want the 14 team event so cater it to us regulars.

The Primetime - this will be the main event moving forward. Keep KDS and 3RR as well in this league as it sets you apart. Once people get used to the control they will probably like it.

The Online - I still like 3RR but i"m fine either way. But ditch the KDS. I fully realize that the NFFC online has a better payout than the FFPC yet I'm in 3 leagues there and only 1 league here. I tried signing up for more but they were cancelled. But people jump into these leagues last minute. You can't do that with kds - at least how you are doing it right now. If you feel like you have to have KDS then have them set it when they sign up and pay. That way you can sign up and draft just a few hours later. Sales will drastically increase for this contest. And the fact that I have more leagues there has absolutely zero with their grand prize being higher. It's just easier to join over there for someone like me who doesn't know their schedule from one day to the next.

Wayne

[ August 24, 2011, 02:43 PM: Message edited by: Coltsfan ]

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:52 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Great thread here and a lot of great points being made. I'll throw in my thoughts for whatever they are worth. ;)

The Classic - drastically reduce the overall prize and make this league the place for the die hards to play. Increase the league prizes and let us play for a title. It could even be a $20,000 overall prize. Keep KDS and 3RR. Not everyone is going to want the 14 team event so cater it to us regulars.

The Primetime - this will be the main event moving forward. Keep KDS and 3RR as well in this league as it sets you apart. Once people get used to the control they will probably like it.

The Online - I still like 3RR but i"m fine either way. But ditch the KDS. I fully realize that the NFFC online has a better payout than the FFPC yet I'm in 3 leagues there and only 1 league here. I tried signing up for more but they were cancelled. But people jump into these leagues last minute. You can't do that with kds - at least how you are doing it right now. If you feel like you have to have KDS then have them set it when they sign up and pay. That way you can sign up and draft just a few hours later. Sales will drastically increase for this contest. And the fact that I have more leagues there has absolutely zero with their grand prize being higher. It's just easier to join over there for someone like me who doesn't know their schedule from one day to the next.

Wayne And this is why Wayne is smarter than the rest of us (or did Bob tell you to post this)?

I especially like the 14 team idea. Shoot, make it 10K grand prize, and put it all back in the leagues.....it's the prestige of winning the title, not the money (handle it much like you did the auction and DC championships).

Seriously, I think these are 3 GREAT ideas on how to move the NFFC forward! :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Aug 24, 2011 8:53 am

Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne Good points Wayne. We don't need KDS to be ditched to fill online leagues at the last minute like FBG does. It's all a matter of automating the KDS and registration page perfectly to show the number of available spots and running the KDS electronically 10 minutes after the last signup comes in. That's easy to do. KDS is not holding us back from doing what you suggest, but the way we are doing it now sure looks that way.

It's funny how so many people want their draft spots three weeks early for a shot at the Main Events' $100,000 prizes, but how leagues fill minutes before they draft for the $350's. Again, I guess we're at fault for closing those dates off days in advance because we didn't want to hand out draft spots last minute. We'll fill all going forward if this is what the customer wants. We're done trying to be nice, we'll fill, fill, fill!!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

particra

Post by particra » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:01 am

Originally posted by BillyWaz:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:

Wayne And this is why Wayne is smarter than the rest of us (or did Bob tell you to post this)?

I especially like the 14 team idea. Shoot, make it 10K grand prize, and put it all back in the leagues.....it's the prestige of winning the title, not the money (handle it much like you did the auction and DC championships).

Seriously, I think these are 3 GREAT ideas on how to move the NFFC forward! :D
[/QUOTE]Agreed. These are all great points.

Ry's Guys

Post by Ry's Guys » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:47 am

Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
In the big cash leagues I like the idea of doing it right beforehand. Name gets drawn and he says where he wants to pick. That is ideal from my experiences in those types of leagues. [/QB]Greg/Tom,

I think Chad is on to something here! Let's do this for the Diamond League this year! That would set the NFFC apart from the others. That would be must see TV :D

Imagine plunking down 10G's and not knowing your draft slot until your name is called!!!

I'm game if the other 10 owners are!

P.S. Any fence sitters on #12 for that league?

Thanks
Pat Sorge

Tom Kessenich

Post by Tom Kessenich » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:50 am

We tossed around the idea of a Sit Down and Draft league this year but we never really got it going. I'm not sure we'll find 12 players who want to do it for $10,000 :D but we'll certainly look into something along those lines next season. And if all 12 Diamond owners say they want to set it up that way, who are we to say no to that?
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:52 am

Originally posted by Bullgod:
quote:Originally posted by Cocktails and Dreams:
In the big cash leagues I like the idea of doing it right beforehand. Name gets drawn and he says where he wants to pick. That is ideal from my experiences in those types of leagues. Greg/Tom,

I think Chad is on to something here! Let's do this for the Diamond League this year! That would set the NFFC apart from the others. That would be must see TV :D

Imagine plunking down 10G's and not knowing your draft slot until your name is called!!!

I'm game if the other 10 owners are!

P.S. Any fence sitters on #12 for that league?

Thanks [/QB][/QUOTE]Agreed with Chad and Pat. No reason to get your draft spot early for a league of this magnitude.

BTW, the league is filled. Will Tyrer took spot #12

jsferenc

Post by jsferenc » Wed Aug 24, 2011 9:59 am

I wish I could join in person this year but I will be in europe. Getting my fill with online drafts but it's not the same. Looking forward to drafting in person next year. Thanks again Greg and Tom for running such a great contest!
Josh Ferenc

2005 National Fantasy Football Champion. Time for the sequel!

If it's worth doing it's worth overdoing!