12 Team Leagues

Greg Ambrosius

12 Team Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 17, 2008 2:37 am

Originally posted by ultimatefantasyfootballcheatsheets:
Jeez, Greg is like the Ice Cream Man. All the kids play restlessly, all the while knowing that at some point the Ice Cream Man is going to drive by. Right now, he is on the next block, so we're getting excited because we have our favorite flavor but want to see if he has any new flavors.

ICE CREEEEEEEEEEEEEAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Good one Russ. This is a great analogy.

I think I do have a new flavor of ice cream and in different arenas of competition. I wouldn't try this on my own because I don't have the promotional reach to bring in enough new customers to fill all of the offerings I'm planning to present. I needed a major media partner to help me expand this area of the market and honestly I think what we're doing is going to be good for all veteran companies in this space. I am making the commitment now to expand this space in football and the other sports and I've recruited someone who can promote this day and night, 24/7/366 (it's Leap Year remember).

This partner will also put Tom and myself as regular columnists on a major web site to promote the space and our events. Soon I hope to make my customers content providers on these sites. I think some of our players can be stars in this industry and have as much if not more fantasy knowledge than some of my peers who get paid to write about this fine hobby. So the ideas are just flowing and flowing, and at the end of the day, as you say, we'll have new brands of ice cream from games to content to promotions to sponsors. That's the goal and it's a very exciting day with many people working together to make this happen.

The AFFL situation also concerned me to the point where it's now a "customer beware" industry. That's a shame, a real shame. I think with the trust factor of F+W Publications and this much, much bigger partner we're bringing in there will be no concern about any of our customers not getting paid. If you sign up for any of our events, you know you'll get paid and get paid on time. We have a track history of paying out millions of dollars on time, but adding our new partner will provide even more assurance that payments will not be an issue.

I'm excited. And hungry for ice cream. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Diesel

12 Team Leagues

Post by Diesel » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:02 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Diesel:
This is crazy. After all of the hype for so long, I've decided not to play fantasy football this season.

YEAH RIGHT! LOL C'MON and ANNOUNCE IT!!! I'm in! Whatever you've got, I'm IN! I can't take it anymore! Marc, admit it with me: YOU ARE A FANTASY FOOTBALL ADDICT!! You couldn't quit if you wanted to!!! :D

Let's just say that we'll have the announcement well before we meet next Saturday for the NFL Draft and we'll have a good toast to the news. I trust we'll have fun talking about the upcoming season next weekend. Be ready my friend. It's going to be fun.
[/QUOTE]It's as if I AM an alcoholic and you KNOW I can't get off the "bottle", yet you're waving a liter of Johnny Walker Gold in front of my face, saying, "you know you want it, you just can't have it. YET!" :D
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

pizzatyme

12 Team Leagues

Post by pizzatyme » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:06 am

Great response! <--me ready for a new flavor!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

sportsbettingman

12 Team Leagues

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:09 am

Finally!!! :D

Someone BIG is gonna reward you for all your hard work, Greg! (and Tom and gang)

It was long overdue...but good things come to those who wait.

This is gonna be sweeeeeet!

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Leroy's Aces

12 Team Leagues

Post by Leroy's Aces » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:33 am

Good luck Greg, all the best to you! Sounds like it will be great.
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Greg Ambrosius

12 Team Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:46 am

Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Good luck Greg, all the best to you! Sounds like it will be great. And good luck to you guys, too. I didn't realize you guys were getting in this space when I told you my plans back in February, but all is good. The key is providing the customer with games that they want and feel comfortable playing.

But I think in the bigger scheme of things, someone has to engage the big media companies into this space to bring in more new players. There's no question in my mind that we still have an untapped market and many folks don't know about the NFFC, WCOFF or NFBC. If we can get these major sites and even networks to help us promote this area of the market we'll bring in many more new players than we currently are. I'm fortunate that I know enough people in this industry and work for a big enough company that I was able to find that partner, a perfect partner for us right now. We're not thinking small, we're thinking BIG.

It would have been easy for me to continue to grow at 10 percent each year, but there's a bigger business out there. We'll see if the plan works.

Now, I'm at the mercy of a PR firm to get this announcement out. It's at least a one-day wait. Hurry up and wait. Hurry up and wait. Oh well. ;)
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Greg Ambrosius

12 Team Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 17, 2008 4:49 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

Someone BIG is gonna reward you for all your hard work, Greg! (and Tom and gang)

~Lance You just want me to buy you another pina colada or some umbrella drink by the pool again next March, right? :D I know your dance card is filled for football, but maybe I'll contact your wife and tell her you need to be in Las Vegas for the first NFL weekend and the first weekend of COLLEGE FOOTBALL. ;) Nothing wrong with back-to-back weekends of gambling and fantasy football my friend!!!

Thanks on the kudos. Our hard work is paying off, but unfortunately we just doubled our work load!! That seems hard to believe, but we did. I guess we'll have to drink twice as hard at each live event!!! :D Be good Lance and enjoy baseball for now.

sportsbettingman

12 Team Leagues

Post by sportsbettingman » Thu Apr 17, 2008 5:43 am

quote:Originally posted by sportsbettingman:

~Lance You just want me to buy you another pina colada or some umbrella drink by the pool again next March, right? :D I know your dance card is filled for football, but maybe I'll contact your wife and tell her you need to be in Las Vegas for the first NFL weekend and the first weekend of COLLEGE FOOTBALL. ;) Nothing wrong with back-to-back weekends of gambling and fantasy football my friend!!!

Thanks on the kudos. Our hard work is paying off, but unfortunately we just doubled our work load!! That seems hard to believe, but we did. I guess we'll have to drink twice as hard at each live event!!! :D Be good Lance and enjoy baseball for now.
[/QUOTE]Actually...

This could be the year I finally "Double Dip" in Vegas.

It's time I cast my hat into the NFFC Main Event for the first time. I'll have to sell it to the wife and schedule another Disney Vacation into this Summer for the family.

I'll be supporting Lou, Alex and Dave in their inaugural FFPC event as well...sounds like a fun new challenge and fun night. Adding in WCOFF, and you have an expensive trifecta! :D

I'd better win in the NFL and NCAA wagering to cover everything!

No smiley face there...it's WIN TIME!!!

Watch me slowly rise up the NFBC rankings.

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Leroy's Aces

12 Team Leagues

Post by Leroy's Aces » Thu Apr 17, 2008 6:56 am

quote:Originally posted by Leroy's Aces:
Good luck Greg, all the best to you! Sounds like it will be great. And good luck to you guys, too. I didn't realize you guys were getting in this space when I told you my plans back in February, but all is good. The key is providing the customer with games that they want and feel comfortable playing.

But I think in the bigger scheme of things, someone has to engage the big media companies into this space to bring in more new players. There's no question in my mind that we still have an untapped market and many folks don't know about the NFFC, WCOFF or NFBC. If we can get these major sites and even networks to help us promote this area of the market we'll bring in many more new players than we currently are. I'm fortunate that I know enough people in this industry and work for a big enough company that I was able to find that partner, a perfect partner for us right now. We're not thinking small, we're thinking BIG.

It would have been easy for me to continue to grow at 10 percent each year, but there's a bigger business out there. We'll see if the plan works.

Now, I'm at the mercy of a PR firm to get this announcement out. It's at least a one-day wait. Hurry up and wait. Hurry up and wait. Oh well. ;)
[/QUOTE]Greg, when I spoke to you back in February, we had not made firm plans. It was just an "idea" that was floating around with a 10% chance of implementation and that was why I had PMed an "idea" along those lines to you. When planning ours, we purposefully tried to avoid your weekend and avoid leaving a big footprint on the other weekend by selecting what we felt was a good time slot, but yet not a major disruption to other events. That way, all players can do as many events as they choose to. I also feel that there is plenty of room for growth in this industry. It looks like you will prove it this year!

I agree on needing the big partners to grow and you have the company and history to do so, so again, good luck to the NFFC as it goes to the next level!

[ April 17, 2008, 12:57 PM: Message edited by: Leroy's Aces ]
'08 NFFC Primetime Champ

Greg Ambrosius

12 Team Leagues

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Thu Apr 17, 2008 8:13 am

Thanks Dave. Yeah, you and Alex are already signed up for the NFFC and talking about a fun weekend in Chicago and New York. I trust many of your players will be my players as well, giving everyone two great weekends of action. We will try to bring even more new players into this space and down the road they may add or choose WCOFF, CDM, yours or someone else's game too. The consumer will ultimately make all of these decisions for us.

The key is growing the business and we all can do that professionally. We can't afford a black eye in this space and so far we don't have one. I've heard first-hand from someone other than Neil that there is hope the AFFL players will get paid, and if that happens we'll have a happy industry again and money that may get reinvested again in 2008. Let's hope that happens.

I'm always the optimist and I don't try to disparage anyone in this space. There's enough business to go around if everyone does their job, but only if we continue to grow the consumer base. I have my hands full with my new P&Ls and will be tested to make good on the promises I've made to management here and to management at our partner's company. So I better get back to work. Again, good luck to all this year.