Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:17 pm

oh God(ha) I have to choose between Tebow and Ryan next week....

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:18 pm

Tony Dungy just summed it up by saying, "it wasn't Tim Tebow winning the game as it was the Bears losing it."

Why the Bears would go to a prevent defense on the last two drives of regulation is beyond me. This makes the game so much easier for Tebow because he just has to dump it off over the middle. The Bears D completely dominated the game and should have stuck with what worked for 55 minutes.

Again, it was the Bronco D creating a key turnover that proved to be the difference. Oh, and two monster kicks by Prater.

Tis the season, Marion Barber helped gift wrap that win for the Broncos.
Go Big Red!

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Sun Dec 11, 2011 1:24 pm

There's no question there were a number of factors that went into Denver's win today. But I strongly disagree with anyone who attempts to minimize Tebow's impact. He made the big plays when he had to in crunch time - again - and there's no denying that team believes that if it's close Tebow will find a way to make things happen for them.

This team was dead in the water before Tebow became the starter. Now they would have to completely collapse not to win a division title. There's no question Tebow has played a key role in this amazing turnaround.

From a fantasy perspective, I'll repeat what I wrote a few weeks ago - he's one of the most consistently reliable QBs there is outside of the few elite ones. He's proven to be matchup proof. Unless you have a stud QB, I think it's a mistake not to start Tebow against anyone. I went with Palmer in the FFPC/FBG playoff league I'm in and that proved to be a bad decision. He has Top 5 potential next week in a dream matchup against the Patriots.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:11 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
quote:Originally posted by Sandman62:
Don't worry, HANIE + Barber instead of Forte will probably come through for you! :D [/QUOTE]I case you don't realize it, Tebow DIDN'T come through for me. The line was Denver -4, so betting on Denver was a LOSER.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Sun Dec 11, 2011 2:53 pm

Damn. I didn't know the line. Sorry.

Shrink Attack

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Shrink Attack » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:22 pm

Is it just me, or does John Elway never look happy when Tebow pulls things out? He gives a fake smile, but there's no excitement, high-fiving, or looking energized in any way.

I still think Elway wishes Tebow would go away. I think Elway expected Tebow to fail, and he put Tebow in there to shut up his supporters. Then Elway could go about doing what he planned to do all along: Bringing in a prototypical QB and building the team in the way he wanted.

With Tebow winning all the time, it has really seemed to screw up Elway's plans! Now he's stuck with Tebow, and he probably doesn't like the fact that he can't take any credit for the team's current success.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

BillyWaz

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:28 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I went with Palmer in the FFPC/FBG playoff league I'm in and that proved to be a bad decision. YOU played Palmer over Tebow???

Oh boy.....you better watch get indoors if there is a thunderstorm this week, Tim/Jesus isn't gonna like one of his biggest supporters benching his ass!

BillyWaz

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:31 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
Is it just me, or does John Elway never look happy when Tebow pulls things out? He gives a fake smile, but there's no excitement, high-fiving, or looking energized in any way.

I still think Elway wishes Tebow would go away. I think Elway expected Tebow to fail, and he put Tebow in there to shut up his supporters. Then Elway could go about doing what he planned to do all along: Bringing in a prototypical QB and building the team in the way he wanted.

With Tebow winning all the time, it has really seemed to screw up Elway's plans! Now he's stuck with Tebow, and he probably doesn't like the fact that he can't take any credit for the team's current success. I thought the exact same thing when they showed Elway after their first (and only) TD.

He definitely isn't crazy about it, but Tebow OWNS Denver now. He may even be bigger than Elway ever was!!! :eek:

Coltsfan

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Coltsfan » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:33 pm

This whole thing is so much bigger than Elway. I can just imagine how much money Tebow is making for Denver right now. I haven't seen the ratings yet but I would guess that Denver is the hottest ticket in the NFL. Stations have to be fighting over the Broncos games.

Wayne

ForLoveOfTheGame

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by ForLoveOfTheGame » Sun Dec 11, 2011 3:59 pm

Totally agree Shrink Attack that Elway put Tebow out there to fail and shut everyone up! If he beats New England next week I think peoples heads will explode (maybe even Elway's)!

I'm considering changing my team names to Tim Tebow 15 just to see what happens... I may even have to write Tebow 15 on my back and see if I can walk on water!!!