Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:26 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
Last Friday I posted that Roethlisberger "Tebow'd" the Browns. Looks like Mike Tomlin agreed. This is from Peter King's column today:

"Hey Ben!'' cackled Tomlin. "You Tebowed 'em!''

:D I was shocked that next weeks game did not get flexed, but I guess Fox has the rights to it. Not sure, don't know much about it.

What I do know or believe is that Pats vs. Broncos is going to be the most watched game next week. At least the most exciting.

Does anyone think the Broncos get blown out?

I'm a huge Patriots fan and even I think there is a chance the Pats lose. Brady vs. Tebow 4th Qtr. Could be on ESPN Classics in a few years :D
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 12, 2011 6:38 am

Originally posted by The Franchise:

I think they can win. And that's not Tebow Mania talking either. No team has shown they can effectively defend Tebow for four quarters. The Broncos run the ball extremely well and the Patriots' defense is pathetic. I don't think Denver's D can shut down Brady so I think this game could be a high-scoring affair and a close one late.

And we all know what happens when the game is close late and Tebow's at QB. :D
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Money

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Money » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:40 am

quote:Originally posted by The Franchise:

I think they can win. And that's not Tebow Mania talking either. No team has shown they can effectively defend Tebow for four quarters. The Broncos run the ball extremely well and the Patriots' defense is pathetic. I don't think Denver's D can shut down Brady so I think this game could be a high-scoring affair and a close one late.

[/QUOTE]Didn't the lions totally shut him down? I think he like 150 yards passing and 50 rushing in the lions route in Denver.
Joe

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Mon Dec 12, 2011 7:43 am

Originally posted by Money:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:

[/QUOTE]Didn't the lions totally shut him down? I think he like 150 yards passing and 50 rushing in the lions route in Denver.
[/QUOTE]Yup. It's been so long since the last time Tebow lost I forgot about that one. The Lions owned him. That's the only time, though, a defense has gotten the better of him. And he hasn't lost since that game.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

The Franchise

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by The Franchise » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:11 am

quote:Originally posted by Money:

[/QUOTE]Yup. It's been so long since the last time Tebow lost I forgot about that one. The Lions owned him. That's the only time, though, a defense has gotten the better of him. And he hasn't lost since that game.
[/QUOTE]Tebow is going to throw for 300 yards and run for 100 this week.
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

mkrucek

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by mkrucek » Mon Dec 12, 2011 9:45 am

quote:Originally posted by Money:

[/QUOTE]Wasn't that the game that changed the way they ran the offense, moving away from the "traditional" qb mold?
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

Sandman62

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Sandman62 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:21 am

Yup. It's been so long since the last time Tebow lost I forgot about that one. The Lions owned him. That's the only time, though, a defense has gotten the better of him. And he hasn't lost since that game. Let me start by saying that I too was rooting for another exciting NFL finish watching this game yesterday. I do NOT hate Tebow at all. That's damned exciting football. No taking away from his 7-1 record as a starter or the Broncos rejuvenation. But I don't believe in the boogie man or the Easter bunny either, so I'm still not convinced for the longterm.

Regarding the Lions being the last team to defend him well,... that was also the last time he faced a team that didn't have either a completely inept offense or defense. In the six games since DET, 4 pathetic opponent offenses have failed to break 13 points against DEN. (Surely that has more to do with him than his defense too, right? :rolleyes: ) In the other 2 games, DEN's opponents did score a lot, but the absolutely horrible defenses of OAK and MIN gave it all back. (And vs. MIN, he scored below average fantasy points compared to what other QBs have done to them this year. So from a fantasy perspective, that game should be looked at as a disappointment, as most QBs pad their stats vs. MIN.)

As long as his opponents either can't score on him or can't stop ANY offense, they'll stay in games - which is the case the rest of this season now, given the injuries and ineptitude of his remaining opponents.

I can see why Elway's so nervous. If they stick with him next year, and the planets don't again align like this, he may turn back into a pumpkin.

boutrous11

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by boutrous11 » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:25 am

early line is NE -6.5

TR

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by TR » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:35 am

I hope tebow keeps winning so Steelers can give him the Lions treatment in playoffs...easy win

Rog

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Rog » Mon Dec 12, 2011 10:47 am

I dont like or dislike Tim ,I just wonder if the reason he looks so bad for 55 minutes and then good for 5 is more the defenses going into prevent d(which we all know prevents you from winning)?the team is 7-1 with him as a qb congrats but I wonder if he will show the same regression the bucs. showed this year.The bucs won a handful of games last year on what seemed to be sandlot stuff.I mean the Broncos are a botched onside kick(miami)missed fg(chargers)2 interception inside the 25yd line(vikings) and a rb running out of bounds and fumbling(bears) from being 3-5.Cant take wins away but there should be some red flags there.
Didnt kyle orton win like 8 games for the bears when grossman went down only to lose his starting job the 1st week of the playoffs?How many wins did he have as a rookie?Thats right it was the bears defense not him.
keep up all the excitement Tim for you have given everybody a reason to watch Denver.