Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Ry's Guys

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Ry's Guys » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:22 am

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Bullgod:
You can have your 20-22 points most games. For me that is a bad week at quarterback! I disagree Pat. The reality is only three teams are going to have Rodgers, Brees and Brady. So that means the other 9/11 have to find a reliable starter elsewhere. Now Tebow's upside hasn't yet been as high as guys like Stafford, Cam or Eli and I would start all of them over Tebow most weeks. But as I posted several pages back, Tebow's floor is also lower than every QB not named Rodgers, Brees or Brady. So while other QBs have tossed up a stinker or two (or sometimes three or four), Tebow hasn't done that yet. In a season which has seen so much volatility I think that type of consistency and reliability is huge.

If you told me I could take QB A who scored 18 points per week or QB B who scored 25 points one week and 11 the next, I'm taking QB A. Sure I might not get the upside, but the downside isn't likely to hurt me and that reliability should give my team a better chance to do well each week.
[/QUOTE]Tom you are taking from a 9 game sample. The other QB's you mention have all played a full season have been game planned against with film to watch on said QB. There wasn't much film to watch on him when he took over. The NFL is a brutal place. Once they find a weakness they exploit it. The Bears dominated him for 55 minutes as the Dolphins and Jets did. The D coordinators will all get it by next year. Keep playing him straight up even towards the end of games because he can't make NFL throws. Tebows weakness is throwing the ball. That's gonna be a tough one to overcome as a quarterback.

Tom, where do you see Tebow being drafted next year?
Pat Sorge

BLACKHAND

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:23 am

fact--- if he does take them to the playoffs then job well done.

fact--- brilliant minds must think alike cause i was thinking the exact same thing. think the spread will still be closer to 6 or 7
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

DoubleG

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by DoubleG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:31 am

all things being equal, i'd MUCH rather have my QB play on a team with a horrible defense than a team with a good or great defense.

alanr824

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by alanr824 » Tue Dec 13, 2011 11:53 am

33 pages of back and forth on Tebow. Bottom line is, he is the most talked about player in the NFL and he is not close to being the top player in the NFL.... Reason. He wins games. Which in the NFL, where the difference between a good team and bad team is so close, is all that matters. He wins. He won in college, he wins as a pro. He knows how to get the job done and he makes the players around him better.. That is what a good player and a good leader does. He doesn't have to be the best player on the field. He probably never will be, but if he keeps winning, it won't matter. He is what every fan, player, and coach wants, a winner. His Christianity and on the field prayer will always be controversial since many people don't feel it is appropriate or belongs on the field. But who is that hurting anyways? It's his belief. He doesn't push it on anyone else by saying, "well if you don't believe, you are going to hell" like some do. He is unselfish and humble. He is a good person. Why does everyone have such a problem giving him credit for helping his team win games? He is not the only reason his team wins games and if you hear him interviewed, he NEVER takes the credit... So what is everyone's issue? That he is not conventional? He has many flaws? He is a horrible passer for 3 quarters? OK, all true. But he admits to all of that. His haters wish for him to lose so they can say "see, he is not that good." Fact is, he isn't that good. But he wins anyways.

DoubleG

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by DoubleG » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:00 pm

in college basketball i remember teams would purposefully slow down the game to put themselves in a position to be close come crunch time.

even though i don't watch any games, i have a feeling this is what the broncos are doing. slow down the game early and try to win it late. tebow could deserve another 3-6ppg bump if they "opened up" a bit. thoughts?

CoMoHusker

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by CoMoHusker » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:09 pm

Originally posted by Al R G:
33 pages of back and forth on Tebow. Bottom line is, he is the most talked about player in the NFL and he is not close to being the top player in the NFL.... Reason. He wins games. Which in the NFL, where the difference between a good team and bad team is so close, is all that matters. He wins. He won in college, he wins as a pro. He knows how to get the job done and he makes the players around him better.. That is what a good player and a good leader does. He doesn't have to be the best player on the field. He probably never will be, but if he keeps winning, it won't matter. He is what every fan, player, and coach wants, a winner. His Christianity and on the field prayer will always be controversial since many people don't feel it is appropriate or belongs on the field. But who is that hurting anyways? It's his belief. He doesn't push it on anyone else by saying, "well if you don't believe, you are going to hell" like some do. He is unselfish and humble. He is a good person. Why does everyone have such a problem giving him credit for helping his team win games? He is not the only reason his team wins games and if you hear him interviewed, he NEVER takes the credit... So what is everyone's issue? That he is not conventional? He has many flaws? He is a horrible passer for 3 quarters? OK, all true. But he admits to all of that. His haters wish for him to lose so they can say "see, he is not that good." Fact is, he isn't that good. But he wins anyways. A lot of good points here. The main issue with this thread is that anyone that does not bow down and think Tebow is the greatest thing since sliced bread is a "hater." He wins games. Yes, but if you read most of the posts in the thread the questions are if he can sustain it. Nobody can argue that there is a string of good fortunes falling in Denver's favor right now. When that runs dry, what will happen? Will three quarters of 3/15 for 45 yards get it done? Doubtful.

I also refuse to get into anything that is centered around his faith or beliefs. That has nothing to do with football and shouldn't matter in any argument involving football. There is no denying that they guy is a great human and does things the right way. That makes him no more or no less a good NFL QB.

Sunday will be a great test for the Broncos. It will take a total "TEAM" effort to take down the Pats. No matter what Tebow and the Broncos offense does, if the Denver D doesn't show up, they have no chance against Brady and that offense.
Go Big Red!

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:22 pm

Originally posted by DoubleG:
in college basketball i remember teams would purposefully slow down the game to put themselves in a position to be close come crunch time.

even though i don't watch any games, i have a feeling this is what the broncos are doing. slow down the game early and try to win it late. tebow could deserve another 3-6ppg bump if they "opened up" a bit. thoughts? Exactly mark. But close minded folks don't see that. Unleash him like they did last yr and will have a top 5 fantasy qb. People forget what he did in an open offense. Gotta stay ahead of the curve in in FF. Especially in 4in pt pass td , 6 pt run td league

Old School

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Old School » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:24 pm

Originally posted by DoubleG:

even though i don't watch any games, i have a feeling this is what the broncos are doing. slow down the game early and try to win it late. tebow could deserve another 3-6ppg bump if they "opened up" a bit. thoughts? Exactly mark. But close minded folks don't see that. Unleash him like they did last yr and will have a top 5 fantasy qb. People forget what he did in an open offense. Gotta stay ahead of the curve in in FF. Especially in 4in pt pass td , 6 pt run td league

BLACKHAND

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by BLACKHAND » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:26 pm

i dont think so mark. its not " his game " to open things up. it might lead to int's and lots more 3 and outs. in the NFL you are not just judged on wins. playoff wins are the games you are judged on. then does that mean sanchez is better than romo. guess every side has issues
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

Tom Kessenich

Tim Tebow - Let's Talk

Post by Tom Kessenich » Tue Dec 13, 2011 12:38 pm

Originally posted by Bullgod:
Tom you are taking from a 9 game sample. The other QB's you mention have all played a full season have been game planned against with film to watch on said QB. There wasn't much film to watch on him when he took over. The NFL is a brutal place. Once they find a weakness they exploit it. The Bears dominated him for 55 minutes as the Dolphins and Jets did. The D coordinators will all get it by next year. Keep playing him straight up even towards the end of games because he can't make NFL throws. Tebows weakness is throwing the ball. That's gonna be a tough one to overcome as a quarterback.

I agree. As far as a nine-game sample, that's all we have to go on (not including his starts last season). We can only go by what Tebow provides for us. So far this season he has proven to be a wildly inaccurate passer with great mobility who for some unknown reason turns into superman in the fourth quarter. In the fourth quarter of games, he IS playing like a big-time QB. He's making big throws, making great reads and most importantly not turning the ball over and making big plays to lead his team to victories.

Will defenses figure him out? It's possible they will if he doesn't improve. However, he has improved already this season as a passer. He's throwing the ball much more crisply in recent games than he did previously. If Elway sticks to his promise of working with Tebow next season who knows how much he can become. There's certainly no reason to question his work ethic, that's for sure.

Tom, where do you see Tebow being drafted next year? If the season ended today, I could see him going in the Top 10 among QBs. He's QB12 in the NFFC as a starter and if he makes any improvements at all and if the Broncos add more talent in the passing game it's not difficult to project him to be a Top 10 QB next season.

Again, I have to stress that I'm as dumbfounded as everyone else by what he's doing. I can't figure out how a guy can complete three passes for 31/2 quarters and then turn into Joe Montana and keep winning games. It's absolutely amazing and as I've said several times I've never seen anything like it.

But what I do know is it's become futile to try and fight it and it's futile to try and predict what team will finally slow him down or stop him. The guy keeps on winning and he keeps on delivering for his fantasy owners.

I'll say this - I'm guessing there aren't many Broncos fans unhappy with him right now and I'd be stunned if any Tebow owners were unhappy with him. He's by far the best Waiver Wire move I made this season and I'm just gonna keep enjoying the ride and stop worrying about how it's happening or why it's happening. This is too much damn fun.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich