Response to E-mail about future of this league

edgarprado

Post by edgarprado » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:34 am

They added the FAAB which was the one thing I was worried about, so i detract my sportsline sentiments and I'm leaning toward option B with the original single player eligibility. If we choose the dual eligibility then I choose A.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 2:58 am

I wish I had a consensus answer today, but I don't. The majority agree that allowing four Flex spots would ease some of the weekly lineup concerns and be the best solution to our eligibility problems. I would be in favor of that.

But as you can see here, there are a few owners who are dead set against any lineup changes. They feel the drafts went according to the rules and it's time to man up and run your rosters.

At this point, I will leave the NFBBC as is and take in further discussion from the owners. Everyone currently has a legal lineup, everyone is now under the same roster guidelines and everyone is using the same new software for free agent bids. It's not ideal, but there were no issues about the players you selected; just on the confusion about their eligibility later.

FAAB runs on Sunday at midnight. Let's get through that and make sure that runs properly. Give us a chance to run overall standings on Monday and get through this first week. We won't ask for payment until we get through this week and things have settled in.

So for now, we'll stick with all roster requirements as is unless everyone can convince me that Plan B is the consensus option. We'll make sure FAAB runs perfectly. And then we'll discuss again next week.

Everyone has a legal roster and the players they wanted on Draft Day. Maybe it is time to move forward and play this out as is.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:03 am

Originally posted by The Hurt Locker:
I'm fine with Option B as long as the dual position eligibility is changed back and every player has the original eligibility that they were said to have. A is fine as well.

I personally would like to go back to using the cbssportline site because the live scoring and FAAB worked and we are all comfortable with the site. I just don't know if there is a way to retroactively get the stats. Changing sites isn't an option now because we'd have to use Sportsline's position eligibility for every player and that would be totally different than what we had on Draft Day. Nothing could screw us up more than that, although I agree the Sportsline site would be more comfortable for most owners.

We are on Fanball with the eligibility we have for each player now. Fanball is working to improve the live scoring and hopefully the free agent process will get familiar after everyone sets it up once or twice. That's the hope.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 30, 2009 3:31 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We are on Fanball with the eligibility we have for each player now. So you've settled on using dual-eligibility for all these players? My understanding was that with Plan B, you wouldn't need to do that -- all the positions could go back to the way they're supposed to be.

Unfortunately, you're waiting until after the weekend to make a final decision. More games will be played, and more information will be obtained if someone needs to make a retroactive transaction to make the positions fit.

You're also not dealing with the mid-week pickups that were done on Tuesday -- some of those players I would have bid on. Again, if Plan B were enacted, you wouldn't need to let people add free agents after the draft. By waiting until after the weekend to make a decision, these players will not be available via FAAB.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 4:51 am

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
We are on Fanball with the eligibility we have for each player now. So you've settled on using dual-eligibility for all these players? My understanding was that with Plan B, you wouldn't need to do that -- all the positions could go back to the way they're supposed to be.

Unfortunately, you're waiting until after the weekend to make a final decision. More games will be played, and more information will be obtained if someone needs to make a retroactive transaction to make the positions fit.

You're also not dealing with the mid-week pickups that were done on Tuesday -- some of those players I would have bid on. Again, if Plan B were enacted, you wouldn't need to let people add free agents after the draft. By waiting until after the weekend to make a decision, these players will not be available via FAAB.
[/QUOTE]Glenn, we are not rolling back those transactions or the eligibility. Without the added center eligibilities, no fewer than 20 teams had illegal lineups. We had 30+ eligible centers on that stupid initial list, not enough for any of us to get through a full season. And some folks unfortunately saw F/C eligibility on the MDC lists and thought they were filling their center spot when in fact that player was only a F.

So we've now made everyone's lineup legal and still folks feel we don't have enough centers in the player pool. We also think there are too many Guards on our list, but Fanball has the final say on that.

I understand that some players would have gone via FAAB this week, but by pulling back those players we have 20+ illegal rosters. So we're trying to get everyone set up now and move forward. Hopefully we can do that.

There will be no change on the eligibility changes we made after this weekend. Just if we can keep the leagues together or not. I wish we could have made Plan B work.

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:20 am

Thanks for the clarification, Greg. Hopefully we'll have better news on Monday.

Purple Helmets

Post by Purple Helmets » Fri Oct 30, 2009 5:30 am

I'm not trying to upset anyone, which I know I already have, but if anything has changed from the minute we drafted (player eligibility or starting roster requirements), then I am out of this league. I won't go into any further explanation why as I've already invested enough time into my feelings in this thread and am sorry if I screw up the one league that I am in as a result of my conviction on this item. Sorry Greg...I hope you can find someone to take over my team. I finished in the money last season and think the team I drafted will this season as well. Good luck to all this season.
Living the dream!

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:01 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
I'm not trying to upset anyone, which I know I already have, but if anything has changed from the minute we drafted (player eligibility or starting roster requirements), then I am out of this league. I won't go into any further explanation why as I've already invested enough time into my feelings in this thread and am sorry if I screw up the one league that I am in as a result of my conviction on this item. Sorry Greg...I hope you can find someone to take over my team. I finished in the money last season and think the team I drafted will this season as well. Good luck to all this season. I think this sums it up for me. When we lose guys completely without further explanations then it's obvious that there is absolutely no move we can now make to appease all 60 owners. I don't see a solution when folks are willing to drop out like this.

Tom and I will reconvene and have a final announcement soon on the leagues. I'm more disappointed than you are Kevin, trust me.

Sorry all.

stool pigeon

Post by stool pigeon » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:11 am

of course no decision was going to appease all 60 owners. if we lose one or two people because of how poorly it was set up so be it. but i am willing to bet 55 or so out of 60 want to run this thing. let's find a way to make it work, and any team that doesn't want in maybe a discount buy or something.

giving up right now is just a reflection on the nffc and its unwillingness to have this contest. as a business owner myself, you need to look to the future. if this thing is scrapped now it will have almost zero chance of ever going off in the future, and potential profits.
kaw f'ing kaw

menobrown

Post by menobrown » Fri Oct 30, 2009 6:32 am

Originally posted by Purple Helmets:
I'm not trying to upset anyone, which I know I already have, but if anything has changed from the minute we drafted (player eligibility or starting roster requirements), then I am out of this league. I won't go into any further explanation why as I've already invested enough time into my feelings in this thread and am sorry if I screw up the one league that I am in as a result of my conviction on this item. Sorry Greg...I hope you can find someone to take over my team. I finished in the money last season and think the team I drafted will this season as well. Good luck to all this season. I don't blame you and if the position eligibility is not changed I might have to go along the same path as you. I drafted players based on the rules and right now I've got 3 players whose position has been changed from G to F. This especially bothers me because the position eligibility list made finding F's a challenge and several times during the draft I passed on a G because I needed a F. Now my roster is filled with F's and I only have 4 guards.

Seems to me if we wait any longer to make a decision we will have gone past the point of no return. The more time this takes the more time it allows people to assess their team and if they don't like it they now have an easy out.

To me it should have been real simple. No changes. If teams could not field a legal lineup this week they should have got credit for those players who they could slot in their lineup and than when free agency hit they could have taken care of their rosters. Still can't see how this evolved into anything other than that option.