Our Decision On Owner Cutting Entire NFFC Team

Money

Re: Our Decision On Owner Cutting Entire NFFC Team

Post by Money » Thu Nov 22, 2012 11:07 am

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
bald is beautiful wrote:Plus, you forgot to say how much Cutler BLOWS as a fantasy QB. I would have expected that from a Green Bay fan. :)
I like this NFC North race this year. All three teams could reach the playoffs this year, although we'll see if the Vikings can win with Ponder. Hell, I don't even know who to cheer for this week against the Bears and Vikings. It's hard to ever cheer for the Vikings!! :mrgreen: I guess I'll root for a 0-0 tie and a Packers' win on Sunday Night!!

I'll be at Lambeau the following two weeks and with any luck I'll host Money for a party in Green Bay vs. Detroit. I'll be there Joe if you're up for the tailgate!! :D
Finalizing the schedule on Monday. It looks like a go, just wish the Lions had a better team. Week one of the Fantasy playoffs at Lambeau field, only way it gets any better is if we were at Ford Field ;) I can't wait. As a kid we went to all the lions games outdoors at Tiger Stadium. I hope there is a blizzard!!
Joe

Glenneration X

Post by Glenneration X » Fri Nov 23, 2012 1:34 pm

Greg, while it appears your decision had little effect on the FAAB this week for this particular satellite league, I don't think that was the main concern for most who commented on this issue. A precedent has been set and a troubling one. I believe all players should have been returned to this team and honestly, I also believe the team that made these moves should have been banned from making any additional adds or drops for the balance of the season. I don't think it should be up to you and Tom to discern what players have value to the rest of the league and what players don't. Your objective viewpoint of each player may not always match the viewpoints of others in any specific league. Here it did, in the future it may not.

A decision's been made and we all respect that. We just all hope for the future, this precedent does not cause more problems for you and your clientele.

ChiTwn

Post by ChiTwn » Fri Nov 23, 2012 4:22 pm

Glenneration X wrote:Greg, while it appears your decision had little effect on the FAAB this week for this particular satellite league, I don't think that was the main concern for most who commented on this issue. A precedent has been set and a troubling one. I believe all players should have been returned to this team and honestly, I also believe the team that made these moves should have been banned from making any additional adds or drops for the balance of the season. I don't think it should be up to you and Tom to discern what players have value to the rest of the league and what players don't. Your objective viewpoint of each player may not always match the viewpoints of others in any specific league. Here it did, in the future it may not.

A decision's been made and we all respect that. We just all hope for the future, this precedent does not cause more problems for you and your clientele.
Man Glenn you are one astute individual. Last year I kept confusing you with the other Glenn, glad I got that cleared up. :mrgreen:

My suggestion is to write something into the rules, where if a person drops all players into the FAAB pool. Their players are put back on their team and lock the team. And any further moves should be banned for the rest of the season. If something like this doesn't happen, you will have malignant owners pointing to this precedent.

Rog

Post by Rog » Fri Nov 23, 2012 5:58 pm

My suggestion would be to put all players back on roster.
Freeze the roster
take his avg weekly points and make who ever that team plays over the last few weeks at least have to beat that.
I know that leaves a lot of grey area but after week 10 ,I think we should have a pretty good avg.
put something like that in stone and at least the rest of us will know the rules and have everybody play by them.
Any team involved (with dropping excessive players)can not be eligible for any prizes.
That would keep anybody with a good team trying to find a loop hole :o :o (because you know it would happen)