SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Greg Ambrosius

Re: SOLD OUT: NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:31 pm

Just a heads up here that we are having one owner who may have trouble making it to Las Vegas now for the NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League. If anyone out there has any interest in this league, contact me at [email protected]. We are hosting this league in the Executive Suite at the Bellagio before the NFL Viewing Party. It's going to be a lot of fun and the format is fantastic. Contact me if you can.

KJ can post the rules again, but it's basically a $1,000 entry 26-round Draft Champions League where you bid with real money for your first round pick and you bid with real money for your second round pick, which keeps you in that spot the rest of the draft. 100% of that bidding money goes back to the league in weekly prizes for the top scoring team. It's pretty cool and there's a lot of money that can be won here.

Thanks all. Contact me if you have interest in Las Vegas or even online if needed.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 pm

We are SOLD OUT again. Mark Srebro will replace Michael Cole live in Las Vegas to add some fuel to this fire. Should be fun!! 8-)

Good luck all and thanks. I'll give you details on the room number and where to meet as we get closer to the live event. CAN'T WAIT!! :D
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

Don Draper

Re: 1 SPOT LEFT In NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:21 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:
RedRyder wrote:Is there a link with the rules or a thread where the rules are posted, I want to refer someone to it.
Yeah, we definitely need an official page for this contest. We've been going off the rules KJ proposed last year, but we definitely need a prize grid and a link to this contest. I'll get on that shortly.

Here's what KJ posted last year, but this year he is proposing a $1,000, not $500:

- draft champions format, $500 entry fee to regular prize pool, $500 entry fee to side pool
- Bidding real money for draft slots during first two rounds.
- top 3 season winners paid according to standard $500 satellite (2600/1000/500 if 12 teams, or 3100/1000/500 if 14 teams)
- side pool ($6,000) plus all draft slot bidding money gets paid out 100% over 16 weeks to weekly winners (I'd handle the side pool and mail winner checks each week).

SLOT BIDDING
Bidding for slots (real money) in the first two rounds will go into the private pool ($0 min, $10 increments). We'll auction off pick #1, the winner will sit down and pick his player, then we'll auction pick #2, he'll make his pick, and so on for the first 2 rounds of the draft. You can have only one pick per round. Starting in round 3, it will become like a normal 3RR snake draft (backend starts round 3). Your round 2 slot at the table is where you'll stay for the rest of the draft.

The entire private pool is paid out incrementally to each week's high scoring team. It's like a skins game in golf. If we have a 12-team league there will be $6,000 in the private pool to begin, plus all bid amounts. If, for example, all slot bidding totals $4,000 the total private pool would be $10,000, which means each week the high scorer would get a check for $625 (10,000/16).

Register for the league and pay NFFC $500 for regular entry. Bring a check or cash to the draft for the private pool portion (or paypal). I'll collect private pool funds at the end of the draft and get everyone's mailing address. Weekly winners will be paid promptly as scores become official.
KJ - How many rounds is this?

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:43 pm

26 rounds.

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:45 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:26 rounds.
for some reason i thought it was 30

King of Queens

Post by King of Queens » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:05 pm

Don Draper wrote:
Greg Ambrosius wrote:26 rounds.
for some reason i thought it was 30
I just checked -- it was 26 rounds last year (364 picks / 14 teams = 26 rounds)

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:34 pm

This looks like a Charter Member NFFC league!! 8-) It's awesome to have so many 14-team NFFC veterans in the house -- well, really the PENTHOUSE -- for this league. This should be a blast and it will end just in time to see the kickoff that night. We'll have the bar ready for folks during the draft. Let's hope that Gekko can hold off on the Jagr until the bidding of the first two rounds is done!! :lol:

Thanks all. Starting at 1:00 with the Round 1 bidding. I'm sure it's starting at $600+.

kjduke

Post by kjduke » Sat Aug 24, 2013 7:38 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:This looks like a Charter Member NFFC league!! 8-) It's awesome to have so many 14-team NFFC veterans in the house -- well, really the PENTHOUSE -- for this league. This should be a blast and it will end just in time to see the kickoff that night. We'll have the bar ready for folks during the draft. Let's hope that Gekko can hold off on the Jagr until the bidding of the first two rounds is done!! :lol:

Thanks all. Starting at 1:00 with the Round 1 bidding. I'm sure it's starting at $600+.
Nice. This will definitely have an old-time original NFFC feel to it.

$600 Greg??? Peterson is worth at least double that. 8-)

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:10 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:This looks like a Charter Member NFFC league!! 8-) It's awesome to have so many 14-team NFFC veterans in the house -- well, really the PENTHOUSE -- for this league. This should be a blast and it will end just in time to see the kickoff that night. We'll have the bar ready for folks during the draft. Let's hope that Gekko can hold off on the Jagr until the bidding of the first two rounds is done!! :lol:

Don Draper

Post by Don Draper » Sat Aug 24, 2013 8:13 pm

Greg Ambrosius wrote:Congrats to the tag team of Shawn Childs and Chris Schinker for winning the debut NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League title. That was a tough, tough group to bid real money on your first two picks and to beat over 16 weeks. Job well done gentlemen.

And a special thanks to KJ Duke, who set this up. It was a great kickoff event before our private NFL Viewing Party and it set the tone for the type of kickoff party we should host each year in Las Vegas. So with that in mind, KJ has already put plans in motion for the 2nd annual NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League, which will take place on Thursday, Sept. 5th at the Bellagio Las Vegas.

KJ is proposing a $1,000 entry fee this time with the following prize payouts:
1st - $6,500
2nd - $3,500
3rd - $1,500

Then 100% of the money generated through the bidding for your first two draft spots -- including the 2nd round which sets the draft order through Round 30 -- will be distributed equally to the 16 weekly "skins" winners. It's a great, great setup.

Let's set this up for a Noon PT start time so that we can get all 30 rounds in before the 4:30 pm PT kickoff. We can move it slightly earlier or later just to be safe. Totally your call on the starting time.

The 14 owners who were in the 2012 league get first dibs on spots through May 1st. That's only fair since they helped launch this format. If there's demand for a second league, we can definitely take new signups and see if we can host another one of these leagues at the same time or even after the NFL game. If you competed in this league last year and want to reserve a spot for 2013, just contact me at [email protected] or post your desire on this thread. No payment is needed until Aug. 1st for any of our live events. Thanks all.

Thanks again everyone. This was the perfect KICKOFF event.

Here's the current signup list:

NFFC Kickoff Gridiron League
Bellagio, Las Vegas
Thursday, Sept. 5th, 1 pm PT
1. Scott Stauffer
2. KJ Duke
3. Shawn Childs
4. Glenn Schroter
5. David Hubbard
6. Scott Keikoan
7. John Rozek
8. Mark Moyer
9. Mark Srebro
10. Jules McLean
11. Jim Nicola
12. Jason Steeves
13. JJ Stratton
14. Rick Thomas
this is the first post in the thread...

i'd prefer the 30 rounds, but game for whatever 8-)