Trendsetters 2013

RiFF

Re: Trendsetters 2013

Post by RiFF » Thu Mar 21, 2013 11:34 am

Phase 3 - Rounds 12-16; Kind of the boring, mundane stretch of the draft where generally it is dominated by kickers and defenses....and this draft didn't disappoint. A quick tally shows 49 out of the 70 picks were either kickers or defenses....and I did my part:

Round 12 - SF
Round 13 - Dan Bailey
Round 14 - Alex Henery
Round 15 - NYG
Round 16 - Phil Dawson

Dawson was somewhat of a fortuitous pick. The team in front of me was tied up at work (letting work get in the way of FF....come on!!) and was on the clock for an extendced period. I had already pretty much decided who I was going to select but during the timeframe the other team was on the clock it was announced Dawson had signed with SF; I immediately switched my thinking to Dawson if the other team let him slip. In that offense Dawson could easily be a top 5 kicker.....heck, Akers was somewhere in that range last year and missed something like 14 FG's!! Not exactly the most exciting phase of the draft when a kicker is your highlight.

After 16 rounds:

QB: Peyton Manning
QB: Carson Palmer

RB: LeSean McCoy
RB: Matt Forte
RB: Darren McFadden

WR: Greg Jennings
WR: Dwayne Bowe
WR: Miles Austin
WR: Denarius Moore
WR: Sidney Rice

TE: JerMichael Finley

Def: SF
Def: NYG

K: Dan Bailey
K: Alex Henery
K: Phil Dawson

I'd anticipate taking my 3rd Defense with my 17th round pick...then back to bpa based on my rankings.

Sabretooth

Post by Sabretooth » Mon Mar 25, 2013 6:37 am

Phase 3 RDs 12-16

12 Gostkowski K I took the second K on my board here. No complaints

13 Bengals D I like the cincy d for there ability to get sacks. I expect them to be a top 10 D again

14 Bironas K I decided to get my second K here because I didn't like the RB selections. Goodson went right in front of me. thanks jeff! And I like the fact that bironas just signed a new contract.

15 Justin Forsett RB He is currently MJD's back up. Not sure if that sticks. But it is simply a handcuff.

16 Legarrette Blount RB I read a report that the Buc's are trying to trade Blount. For my teams sake I hope it's true.

This is my team after 16 RDs from the 1 spot

Qb Eli,dalton
RB Peterson,MJD,forsett,Blount
WR Vjax,S Johnson,E sanders,A roberts,Lefell
TE Pettigrew,Olsen
K Gostkowski,Bironas
D Cincy

Rob B

Post by Rob B » Sun Mar 31, 2013 12:32 am

Phase 3 of the Trendsetter draft starts with round 12, pick 1. It was fairly obvious that the PK/DEF run portion of this draft was about to begin. By the time I pick at 12.13, 5 DEF and 5 PKs are gone.

I decide to roll the dice and leave this "turn" without either position. I feel my needs are too great at WR and RB and have a couple of DEFs I hope come back to me on the next turn anyway.

Round 12 - At this point I go 3 deep at WR and though the pickings are slim, there are a few that I like. I take the player who i think has pretty good upside, Rod Streater. DHB getting cut and knowing that Palmer won't be at the helm makes me think that Streater might be a decent #4 in the DC format.

Round 13 - I am leaning WR but I know that if I Iet Tolbert get past me, he won't likely make it back to me. Since I am counting on Deangelo moving on and I already spent a 6th rounder on J Stew, I need to move on Tolbert now.

The Ds are pretty much all the same so on this turn I decide to take two kickers who I think are locks to start this year.
Round 14 - Nick Novak
Round 15 - Mike Nugent
Round 16 - It's time to take a DEF and the team I was hoping would miraculously drop to me (SD), goes right in front of me. With the 15th DEF off the board, I take TB.

I was kind of planning on only taking one DEF on this turn and decided to take it with this pick because I have the second pick after the next phase starts. This is actually why I like being on the turns in this format because I know that the two week period between phases almost always results in some big news that might make a player or two more favorable. This break its especially true because the NFL Free Agent period is in full bloom.

After 16 rounds, here is my team:

QB: Brees (1)
QB: Ponder (10)
RB: Reggie Bush (4) he went right where I hoped he would (DET) and might work out as a RB 1, not as strong in the 1/2 PPR
RB: Jon Stewart (6) I am still hoping Deangelo moves on and if he does, not a bad RB 2 he will be
RB: Bilal Powell (8) looks like a timeshare with Goodson who I did not get as I chose Tolbert over him when I had the chance, I still like Powells upside
RB: Isaiah Pead (11) I think he wins the lions share of the carries and his upside is higher than Richardson's.
RB: Mike Tolbert (13) must add if you draft J Stew? TD machine?
WR: Andre Johnson (3)
WR: Danario Alexander (5) I am buying him as a solid WR2 and think he could be Rivers #1 target?
WR: Lance Moore (7) I'll take him on every roster as my #3 this year.
WR: Rod Streater (12) I had hopes that palmer would be gone and yes, I think Flynn would be an upgrade. The Raiders believe in this kid and he also has, wait for it....upside.
TE: Jimmy Graham (2)
PK: Nick Novak (14)
PK: Mike Nugent (15)
DEF: Tampa Bay (16)

I also have the #3 Rookie pick, my 9th rounder, after the NFL draft.
"My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too!" BB King

BillyWaz

Post by BillyWaz » Sun Mar 31, 2013 8:20 am

Rob B wrote: RB: Reggie Bush (4) he went right where I hoped he would (DET) and might work out as a RB 1, not as strong in the 1/2 PPR
Lucky for you Rob, NFFC is FULL 1 PT PPR (since last season ;) ) Bush will probably be a late 2nd/early 3rd come August/September so you hit the jackpot on this one! :D

BigBlueNation

Post by BigBlueNation » Thu Apr 11, 2013 2:40 pm

We have finished phase 4 of the draft (21 rounds). There were 12 rookie spots selected in the 21 rounds. After the NFL Draft, we have our own rookie draft and fill the vacant slots. I have Rookie 11. Following that process, we draft for nine rounds to fill our 30 man rosters.

I selected two D/ST's, Jacob Tamme, Ryan Broyles and a Rookie in rounds 17-21. Basically, just filling out some necessary roster spots with the two D's. I like both of Denver TE's, opted for the UK connection with Tamme. Took a flyer on Broyles knowing he's recovering from surgery, but he should get his chances when he gets back.

My team after 21 rounds

QB..TBrady
RB..RRice, DWilson, WMcgahee, JBell, BPierce
WR..RCobb, MWallace, CShorts, AJeffrey, BQuick, RBroyles
TE..BMyers, MBennett, JTamme
D/ST..Arizona, Dallas, Cleveland
PK..MPrater, GHartley
Rookie 11

tobecontinued.. 8-)
Bill Cleavenger
UK Wildcats...We don't rebuild, we "RELOAD"