Does Fanball own FFOC

BillyWaz

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BillyWaz » Sun May 02, 2010 2:32 pm

Originally posted by GK:
quote:Originally posted by Coltsfan:
Well said Mike.

Greg, I never said it was true. All I said was that if people are perceiving all of this to be true then it could hurt the contest. That's all.

Im in this year. I'm not even close to being on the fence. If Ryan feels like it's in the best interest of the contest to remain quiet then so be it. I was just trying to help.

Wayne ...I believe that all of us true-blue NFFC'ers from myself to Rob, Diesel, Billy, Wayne, Big Mike, John, Shrink, the 2 Jeff's, Frank, Jules, etc., etc., etc., will play given our past history with Greg and Tom and I think that G&T know exactly WHAT is being expressed here by us - and that is that these "rumors" and unfinished business if not specifically addressed (by Ryan) will hurt the new business that's out there and that the NFFC has worked six long, hard, honest and deserving years to attain...it's been all of your blood, sweat and tears Greg and Tom...BUT I also first expressed and now echo the sentiment here that there is a cryptic "feeling" that is boiling beneath the volcanic surface here and that this ambiguity can not indeed be good in terms of growth and business for the NFFC...I, among others, will play here as you have earned my trust over the past six years and I feel that the NFFC is the best high stakes FF game in town, bar none BUT I'm really concerned that by Ryan not addressing this thing directly that there will not be closure and that potential customers out there might be scared off - justifiably or not...we ALL have the NFFC's best interests at heart here and that is the reason that we are expressing our honest feelings and beliefs that this thing has not been put to rest yet and really should be imho...GK
[/QUOTE]VERY well said, Glenn! :D

I spoke with Greg about this last week. For me, it isn't the "loyal" customers (they will be back), but for Joe "I want to throw my hat in the ring" fantasy player, their is NOTHING to even see.

I am betting that 80%+ of the former customers of the NFFC will be back. But to GROW, we need "new blood", and you can't have that when no one knows "what's up"?

Couple that with all of this FFOC/Ryan "stuff", and it is a lot of "if" for the "new guy".

Have Ryan address it, and get those signups started, and we can focus on making this the best NFFC season ever!!!

I'm just very excited to hear all the plans, and have been for about a month! :D

mikeybok

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mikeybok » Sun May 02, 2010 3:34 pm

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
No worries Big Mike. By the way, none of us have ownership in Fanball. Liberty Media owns Fanball. Ryan is a dedicated employee like yours truly, nothing more.
If Ryan is not an owner of Fanball/Liberty Media, I don't see the problem here. Even if everything else was true, Ryan is not a stake holder and his employment should not be a major concern from a payment situation. True or false ... if the FFOC went under, prize money might have been set aside, but I could see how the business would be required to pay creditors first and not be allowed to for go it's creditor's to first pay extra money out to cover future free entries instead. Although I'm not a lawyer, I would guess creditors would come before free entries.

Kind of like buying a GM and having the company go bankrupt ... thus voiding your warranty (and that did happen before the Government came in and honored them). it would s@ck ... but I'm not sure you hold Ford responsible if they hire GM owners after the bankruptcy. Accusing Ford of not honoring your GM warranty because they have ex GM owner employed there makes little sense! Saying Ford is also at risk of not paying warranties because they hired a GM owner is very far fetched.

Thanks for clearing some of that up Greg. Bottom line IMO! This thread really doesn't have anything to do with the money part of the NFFC once if was established that Ryan isn't an owner of the current contest regardless of his roll in the FFOC if any.

BTW ... Worse case for Ryan. He was part owner of that contest and He/they got in over his head and folded the FFOC the best way he could while paying all the cash prizes out. On the other side ... maybe none of it's true. I hope Ryan accepts my personal apology for anything I wrote to contribute to this rumor cr@p.

Big Mike

[ May 02, 2010, 09:37 PM: Message edited by: Ugly Yellow Tomatoes ]
Hakuna Matata!

Chi_Town_FEW

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by Chi_Town_FEW » Sun May 02, 2010 7:41 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...peace and harmony fellow FF'ballers as there are far more important things to concern your collective pretty little heads with...GK Glenn was spot on from the start of this thread. The web site is coming online this week, new members will be looking for the top fantasy football experience out there today. That is what you have with the NFFC. Tom and Greg, you have worked to hard to have this garbage on your site. DELETE this thread immediately and move on. No more posts. PLEASE.

mkrucek

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mkrucek » Mon May 03, 2010 12:49 am

Originally posted by Ugly Yellow Tomatoes:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
No worries Big Mike. By the way, none of us have ownership in Fanball. Liberty Media owns Fanball. Ryan is a dedicated employee like yours truly, nothing more.
If Ryan is not an owner of Fanball/Liberty Media, I don't see the problem here. Even if everything else was true, Ryan is not a stake holder and his employment should not be a major concern from a payment situation. True or false ... if the FFOC went under, prize money might have been set aside, but I could see how the business would be required to pay creditors first and not be allowed to for go it's creditor's to first pay extra money out to cover future free entries instead. Although I'm not a lawyer, I would guess creditors would come before free entries.

Kind of like buying a GM and having the company go bankrupt ... thus voiding your warranty (and that did happen before the Government came in and honored them). it would s@ck ... but I'm not sure you hold Ford responsible if they hire GM owners after the bankruptcy. Accusing Ford of not honoring your GM warranty because they have ex GM owner employed there makes little sense! Saying Ford is also at risk of not paying warranties because they hired a GM owner is very far fetched.

Thanks for clearing some of that up Greg. Bottom line IMO! This thread really doesn't have anything to do with the money part of the NFFC once if was established that Ryan isn't an owner of the current contest regardless of his roll in the FFOC if any.

BTW ... Worse case for Ryan. He was part owner of that contest and He/they got in over his head and folded the FFOC the best way he could while paying all the cash prizes out. On the other side ... maybe none of it's true. I hope Ryan accepts my personal apology for anything I wrote to contribute to this rumor cr@p.

Big Mike
[/QUOTE]Mike, the question is not whether Ryan owns or had owned any part of FFOC. The question is what is Fanball's role? It appears Fanball has paid FFOC winners that had not previously been paid. Why would they if they were not involved in ownership? Somewhat along the lines of your GM analogy, if the NFFC had not paid all their winners (which they have, this is just an example) would STATS have stepped in to make the payouts? I think we all kow the answer to that, but maybe Fanball is just being the nicest company ever in paying out the winners. Why would they want to keep that a secret?

This is a topic that could have and should have been addressed as soon as it was brought up but it has been allowed to linger. Why? It seems pretty simple to answer and Ryan is the one that should be here doing that, not Greg or Tom. And it does affect the NFFC as they are now owned by Fanball. I think everyone agrees that the industry doesn't need another black eye regarding contest winners not getting paid. There are a lot of people holding free entries to the FFOC that will be worthless if there is no game this year. And there is still the question as to whether the overall champion will be getting the rest of his money as that was scheduled to be paid out over the next several years.
You'll be fine long as your pretty face holds out, then it's gonna get pretty cold out...

BLACKHAND

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by BLACKHAND » Mon May 03, 2010 1:47 am

lets face it. the truth of the matter is ryan should be on the mb with something to say. i see in a post that ryan might NEVER be on. this is not good. what happens down the line with money in hand. i have total respect for greg and tom but ryan must now step up and say something. start making people feel good again.
THIS IS THE BUSINESS WE HAVE CHOSEN

mikeybok

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by mikeybok » Mon May 03, 2010 2:32 am

Originally posted by 4D:
Mike, the question is not whether Ryan owns or had owned any part of FFOC. The question is what is Fanball's role? It appears Fanball has paid FFOC winners that had not previously been paid. Why would they if they were not involved in ownership? I agree. Per the thread rumor mill it sounded like the connection was Ryan which Greg addressed IMO. But your correct, the more basic question was the relationship between the owners of Fanball/Liberty Media (whomever) and the FFOC (whomever) and why they were allegedly paying the prize money from their checking account. I believe Greg will respond to this after next weekend.
Hakuna Matata!

rehouston

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by rehouston » Mon May 03, 2010 11:57 am

Fanball does not own FFOC. I have no idea why many of you think we do, but for clarity of this thread and these rather annoying rumors (and also so Greg will get off my back) - let me put this to rest for the final time.

Fanball does not own FFOC.

Like other vendors we offer services to customers. That is what we did and what we may continue to do in 2010. We are in discussions for the upcoming year.

Hope this clears that up.

TamuScarecrow

Does Fanball own FFOC

Post by TamuScarecrow » Tue May 04, 2010 1:24 am

Well said, GK. Now that this year's version of the "Obama Distraction Tactic" is over, how about a 2010 registration page. :cool:
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ