T.Brady dun for_YEAR?!!?!!

Superpion

Post by Superpion » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:45 pm

JB, I'm guessing that he was referencing the Patriot's Morris and not the Seahawk's Morris....
"We see you've been missing a lot of work lately".

"I wouldnt say I've been missing it Bob". ---OFFICE SPACE

JB

Post by JB » Mon Sep 08, 2008 1:45 pm

Originally posted by Team Canada:
All I will say is if there was a gun to my head and I had to pick 1 star on 1 team to go down week 1...

After last year and my opinions of the gatriots and Belidick I do believe karma was a factor ;)

I do have Welker in the classic so that blows, but I also have Morris in the NBC and he could be a good flex... I just realized you may have been talking about SAMMY Morris and if so LMFAO...gl with that!! :D :D

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:56 am

I hate to bring up this old thread that is a bad reminder for many owners -- including myself who had Brady in two high-profile leagues -- but did anyone see that photo of Brady's hit in Sports Illustrated last week? It was an incredible photo of his injury that honestly is tough to even look at.

The Chiefs' player's helmet is right on the side of Brady's knee, forcing the knee incredibly inside as he concentrates on the throw. You can see the player has just been blocked and is falling at Brady's feet, with no obvious intent to injure. It was just an unfortunate play, but the viciousness of the injury is as plain as this photo.

I wish Brady a speedy recovery and I trust he will be back for the 2009 season well enough to perform again at a high standard. This is a bad injury for Brady, for the NFL, for Patriots' fans, for fantasy players and sports fans in general. But fortunately the medical technology today is different than it was in the past when guys like Gale Sayers never fully recovered from this type of injury. With a dedicated rehab, Brady will come back from this.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ToddZ

Post by ToddZ » Mon Sep 15, 2008 9:59 am

What is sort of ironic about the injury is they have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the "minor" MCL issues to heal on their own before they can surgically repair the major ACL damage.
"No one cares about your team but you."

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Mon Sep 15, 2008 10:05 am

Originally posted by Todd Zola:
What is sort of ironic about the injury is they have to wait 3 or 4 weeks for the "minor" MCL issues to heal on their own before they can surgically repair the major ACL damage. Yeah, they sure do things differently these days. This week is my 33rd anniversary of tearing my ACL and my MCL in my right knee and they just brought out the hacksaw and sewed up the pieces that were still attached to my body back then. :D My knee was so swollen from internal bleeding at that time, but they just attached two tubes to my leg and drained it so they could get inside to sew the ligaments and cartilage together. Then they put it in a cast for six weeks. I was on my back for five days before they even let me sit up. Heck, today women have babies and are home faster than I came out of the recovery room!! But 1975 is nothing like 2008 when it comes to medical miracles, that's for sure. :D

I feel for Brady as this is a tough injury. He's just too good of a guy to cheer against. I wish him the best.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Mon Sep 15, 2008 11:06 am

Im not so sure he will be Tommy the great ever again.Look at Culpepper who was never even close to his monster season's and how about Carson Palmer since his injury he has sucked.
Not saying Brady will fall like Culpepper but i think youve seen his best and he will be about 75 percent of what he was, that's still pretty good.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!