Week 1 FAAB

bald is beautiful

Week 1 FAAB

Post by bald is beautiful » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:38 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
In my 12 team home league Brandon Jackson went 964 unreal.The runnerup bid was in the 800's that dude must have been shocked he didnt get him.My league has a $50 budget and last year the highest bid for any player was $21. I went $41 for Jackson. Next highest bid was $29. Everyone was blown away. I figured I'd go almost all in. It's not often the starting RB on a Top 3-5 offense becomes available during the season. The coaching staff really likes Jackson (more than I do honestly) so we'll see if he can reward their faith. [/QUOTE]Considering that Brandon Jackson hasn't been the epitome of healthy over the years, I bought both Starks and Nance for a combined $60-$70. Now all I need is another year ending injury in Green Bay backfield! :D

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Originally posted by GK:
...I took a shot on Vick and got him in my Super League to go aong with Matt Ryan/Vince Young...now what? :confused: ...GK Play Ryan at QB and Vick and Young at RB.
Come on MAN.

The Franchise

Week 1 FAAB

Post by The Franchise » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Maybe Mike and I are just drunk.........

But I don't think we are supposed to see everyone's picks???
:eek:
Winning isn't everything, but the will to win is.

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:39 pm

Perish the thought, Jack.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

Ted's Cracked Head

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Ted's Cracked Head » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:42 pm

On the Waiver History page, the "List View" makes it much easier to figure out to whom and for how much.

Someone in one of my online leagues bid $1 for Clayton and Hillis. So close!

I bid around 200 for Clayton in a few leagues. He could be worth it if he establishes himself as Bradford's security blanket.

There were some wild bids for week one. Wow.
My mama says she loves me but she could be jiving too! BB King

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:42 pm

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
quote:Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
quote:Originally posted by Eddiejag:
In my 12 team home league Brandon Jackson went 964 unreal.The runnerup bid was in the 800's that dude must have been shocked he didnt get him.My league has a $50 budget and last year the highest bid for any player was $21. I went $41 for Jackson. Next highest bid was $29. Everyone was blown away. I figured I'd go almost all in. It's not often the starting RB on a Top 3-5 offense becomes available during the season. The coaching staff really likes Jackson (more than I do honestly) so we'll see if he can reward their faith. [/QUOTE]Considering that Brandon Jackson hasn't been the epitome of healthy over the years, I bought both Starks and Nance for a combined $60-$70. Now all I need is another year ending injury in Green Bay backfield! :D
[/QUOTE]Nice play Jack. I loaded up Starks. But he's injured and out for a couple of more weeks. So Nance just may be the play.

John

Tom Kessenich

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Tom Kessenich » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:45 pm

I've never been the biggest Brandon Jackson fan but if the Packers didn't believe in him there's no way they would have only kept two halfbacks on the roster to start the season. The fact they did speaks volumes about their belief in him should anything happen to Grant - which unfortunately occurred in Week 1. I have 80% of my free-agent budget tied up in their belief so I hope like hell they're right.
Tom Kessenich
Manager of High Stakes Fantasy Games, SportsHub Technologies
Twitter - @TomKessenich

cdavault

Week 1 FAAB

Post by cdavault » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:46 pm

Originally posted by Sandman62:
I may be misrecalling how last year's waiver list looked, but I don't recall getting to see everyone else's bids - even the failed ones?

Was that intended? I am completely ticked that people get to see all of our back up bids!!! this should not be seen

Raiders

Week 1 FAAB

Post by Raiders » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 pm

Originally posted by Tom Kessenich:
I've never been the biggest Brandon Jackson fan but if the Packers didn't believe in him there's no way they would have only kept two halfbacks on the roster to start the season. The fact they did speaks volumes about their belief in him should anything happen to Grant - which unfortunately occurred in Week 1. I have 80% of my free-agent budget tied up in their belief so I hope like hell they're right. Isn't Jackson injury prone as well?

larry schechter

Week 1 FAAB

Post by larry schechter » Fri Sep 17, 2010 2:47 pm

I bid $278 on Clayton and lost in a tie-breaker to another $278 bid. There was also a $277 bid.

In my other league where I also bid $278, Clayton went for $403.

But I got Chanci Stuckey for $8 instead!!! Maybe that'll turn out to be a bargain!!!