Will KDS Work In 2007?

Greg Ambrosius

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Sun Jun 24, 2007 1:51 am

Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
quote:Originally posted by TURBOUGH:
Are you implementing the KDS as well for 2007 or just the 3RR? Well?? [/QUOTE]Correct, we had KDS last year for all of our leagues. For your main event team, just:

Click on your team name
In the upper right, click on MY SETTINGS
Pull down to the third setting, DRAFT PREFERENCES

That's where you set your KDS preferences. Tom and I will throw all of those on an Excel spreadsheet after we've randomly selected the leagues in each city and run the preferences for each individual league and announce the draft orders. We'll do the same for the Draft Champions Leagues, all satellite leagues and Ultimate Leagues.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

pizzatyme

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by pizzatyme » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:05 am

Greg,

What about new signees? How or when do we submit our KDS preferences?

Russ
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

renman

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by renman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 8:08 am

Greg,

I only read your first post and have not read any of the replies as of yet so if I repeat something, so be it.

One thing we have to factor in is that NO MATTER WHAT THE FORMAT, if we are playing for serious money, someone is going to cry foul. Though the "stats" for the last few years prove that being at the top of a fantasy draft board was advantageous we all know it is not always like this and we happen to have just sat through a few of the greatest RB performances in the history of pro football. This year, if Trent Green passes for 4500 and 45 TD's everyone will scream about the "advantage" Green owners had. Now I know it wont be the same as the Tomlinson, Alexander thing due to everyone having had the chance to draft Green since he wont be going 1 or 2, but my point is when the $$$ is this big people start losing their minds and crying about inherent unfairness when things do not go their way.

Also, how will we define if 3RR "works?" To me, if the event grows and there is a perceived fairness connected to 3RR then it worked, regardless of draft or even league results. On a personal note I like how it will make draft boards drastically different across the room and may change strategy in a way that we do not have almost all owners picking players from the same ordered lists of value.

What will make the NFFC is great service and great payouts. What will hurt a fantasy event is poor service, and poor or overly topheavy payouts there leave high percentage of the participants with an unpleasant result. I have been part of the NFFC from day one and think the steady growth is perfect and a reflection of a great event.

By the way, if the WCOFF and NFFC flip-flopped when they came into existance then I would bet the NFFC would have 1000 entries and the wcoff 400.

[ June 24, 2007, 02:31 PM: Message edited by: renman ]

sportsbettingman

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:36 am

"By the way, if the WCOFF and NFFC flip-flopped when they came into existance then I would bet the NFFC would have 1000 entries and the wcoff 400."

(...and there's a good chance the NFFC would be a 12 team league setup in the above scenario) :D

~Lance
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:47 am

[ June 24, 2007, 03:49 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

sportsbettingman

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by sportsbettingman » Sun Jun 24, 2007 9:48 am

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I think a way to continue to separate the NFFC from other high stakes leagues (in a good way) would be to really reward league championships. ($10,000.00)

You have control over how you draft, how you set your lineup, and how you fight for free agents in your specific league. You do not have control over how well or poorly other leagues do the same.

It seems like the "donation" that each league makes to the overall champion simply to grab headlines in advertising sucks a bit.

If you don't WIN the championship...nobody remembers you...so why pay 2nd, 3rd, etc so much? (They only got close, but won nothing in the crap-shoot that we call the playoffs)) Add that money to the League winners money. Just my opinion.

~Lance

~Long John Silver

Route Collectors

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by Route Collectors » Sun Jun 24, 2007 11:28 am

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
If the NFFC ever changed to 12 team leagues, I for one, would be out. I have no interest in playing "kids games". I said it before and I'll say it again, 14 team leagues are the reason why I joined the NFFC instead of the *****. Do you want to beat the best??? OR do you want to beat those who are afraid to go against the best?? I am also on this side of the fence. After standing up to the challenge of 14 team leagues....12 teamers just don't have the same appeal. Not saying I wouldn't play...but I never joined the WCOFF because to me it was just another league. 14 teams definately drew me into the NFFC and i hope this part of the contest never changes.

TradeStar28

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by TradeStar28 » Sun Jun 24, 2007 6:32 pm

As mentioned by others, I think that the appeal of the bigger prize is one thing that attracts more participants to WCOFF. Furthermore, Lenny was more aggresive over the years to get people to sign up by using the take away sales approach by emailing to prospective and current players that spot availibility is limited and in order to be granted a team you must send your $$ ASAP....or you will lose that chance to someone else who is quicker in getting the $$ in.

In regard to the NFFC rule changes, I think that KDS & 3RR are fine by me...I will not give the holier than thou speech that I can win with any rule in place....I just roll with any changes that seem fair and try my best to win...

And lastly, I think that in order for NFFC to overtake the competition, it will not come from changing the rules of NFFC to what the message board majority deems the fairest...

but it will come from innovating the contest and game to being more of a dynamic playing experience. Both leagues are completely static in regard to the data & information that we see on the league managements websites....By innovating this to a visual experience, it will take fantasy football to where it needs to go....because the bottom line is that we are all stats & data geeks....we want this presented and innovated and then marketed to the full extreme...

I would compare this to Steve Jobs from Apple Inc.....just watch how many people run out this friday (6/29/07) to purchase an iPhone :D ,,,,,,me included...hehe

[ June 25, 2007, 12:33 AM: Message edited by: FISHER ]
2012 - FI$HER - Flying High Again

pizzatyme

Will KDS Work In 2007?

Post by pizzatyme » Mon Jun 25, 2007 12:55 am

Originally posted by FISHER:
As mentioned by others, I think that the appeal of the bigger prize is one thing that attracts more participants to WCOFF. Furthermore, Lenny was more aggresive over the years to get people to sign up by using the take away sales approach by emailing to prospective and current players that spot availibility is limited and in order to be granted a team you must send your $$ ASAP....or you will lose that chance to someone else who is quicker in getting the $$ in.

In regard to the NFFC rule changes, I think that KDS & 3RR are fine by me...I will not give the holier than thou speech that I can win with any rule in place....I just roll with any changes that seem fair and try my best to win...

And lastly, I think that in order for NFFC to overtake the competition, it will not come from changing the rules of NFFC to what the message board majority deems the fairest...

but it will come from innovating the contest and game to being more of a dynamic playing experience. Both leagues are completely static in regard to the data & information that we see on the league managements websites....By innovating this to a visual experience, it will take fantasy football to where it needs to go....because the bottom line is that we are all stats & data geeks....we want this presented and innovated and then marketed to the full extreme...

I would compare this to Steve Jobs from Apple Inc.....just watch how many people run out this friday (6/29/07) to purchase an iPhone :D ,,,,,,me included...hehe Excellent posting here!
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.