Are big money leagues really worth it?

Nag'

Post by Nag' » Mon Feb 12, 2007 4:17 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
WCOFF isn't easier, just more luck involved. In particular, if you land a Top 3 pick in a 12-team league, your chances of winning are much better than a 14-team league -- ESPECIALLY with no 3RR.The level of the impact of luck in one contest over another is debatable but I distinctly remember many other NFFCers claiming that WCOFF and its 12-team setup is easier, especially once you've gone through the rigors of the 14-team setup. I'm just curious to see, as more NFFCers play WCOFF (if they do, that is), what the results actually end up showing.

You didn't happen to land a #1 overall pick in your WCOFF league this year, did you? ;) (hint: I already know the answer) Yes I did, for the first time in the 5 years of WCOFF and 3 years of NFFC. And I made the best of it, at least for the first 11 weeks. :(
For Players. By Players.

nostradamross

Post by nostradamross » Tue Feb 13, 2007 9:53 am

the wcoff easier? let me see. gordon gekko ex wcoff. rob bennetti wcoff player. i'd say there are some good players over in the wcoff.

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:08 am

if i wanted it bad enough, the wcoff title would have a good probability of ending up in my hands within a couple years.
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

bald is beautiful

Post by bald is beautiful » Tue Feb 13, 2007 10:14 am

[/QUOTE] I am, at present, undecided on whether I will return. [/QB][/quote]

You're not the only one.

Greg Ambrosius

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Tue Feb 13, 2007 3:30 pm

Originally posted by nostradamross:
the wcoff easier? let me see. gordon gekko ex wcoff. rob bennetti wcoff player. i'd say there are some good players over in the wcoff. There really never should be a debate of whether there are better fantasy football players in the NFFC or the WCOFF or at Fantasy Jungle or at UFS. Bottom line is that most of the entrants in those die-hard leagues have the discretionary income and the passion and the knowledge to compete with anyone. They truly are the best players in the country because they are the most dedicated players.

But in any given year, any one of our guys can win it all. It's the nature of the beast in fantasy football.

I think that over the last three years the NFFC has differentiated itself more and more from the WCOFF, almost to the point where I don't see us as competitors. I mean, seriously, if you love 12-team formats and love Vegas on the first weekend of the NFL season and love the higher fees, there is a great option. If you love the 14-team format, KDS, 3RR, no other fees, and great customer service you'll stick with the NFFC. If you have the means and the time to do both, you'll do both. But both games are actually more different today than they were in 2004.

I don't see a need to say 'either/or' when it comes to our two contests. Find the one that fits and compete in it, or do both if you can. We're both getting bigger and better each year and if anything it makes it tougher for a third competitor to come into this space. Neither one of us are going away, that's for sure.
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

ultimatefs

Post by ultimatefs » Wed Feb 14, 2007 9:49 am

Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
There really never should be a debate of whether there are better fantasy football players in the NFFC or the WCOFF or at Fantasy Jungle or at UFS. ..........

I think that over the last three years the NFFC has differentiated itself more and more from the WCOFF,good point on first one...

on second, a wcoff owner e-mailed me this week asking about how "KDS works on my site". Interesting.....

[ February 14, 2007, 03:51 PM: Message edited by: UFS ]
Jules is a Dirt bag and makes my luck.