2005 NFFC Regular Season Facts

renman

Post by renman » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:09 am

i was one of the owners who had the FIRST pick in his draft and was NOT happy about it... sitting 28 picks before my next selection made me feel like my entire season was connected to the health and production of my first pick...

i was one of the VERY FEW owners who DID NOT take priest holmes... my reasoning was that LT was the safer pick... i turned out to be right.. even with LT pulling a groin and not being nearly as productive during the middle of the season as he normally would be...

i have seen lots of people argue whether it is an advantage to draft first or later... there are pro's and con's to both and all draft positions... but picking first makes you VERY dependant on that one player coming up with the goods for you...

Dyv

Post by Dyv » Thu Dec 09, 2004 1:48 am

Originally posted by renman:
i was one of the owners who had the FIRST pick in his draft and was NOT happy about it... sitting 28 picks before my next selection made me feel like my entire season was connected to the health and production of my first pick...

i was one of the VERY FEW owners who DID NOT take priest holmes... my reasoning was that LT was the safer pick... i turned out to be right.. even with LT pulling a groin and not being nearly as productive during the middle of the season as he normally would be...

i have seen lots of people argue whether it is an advantage to draft first or later... there are pro's and con's to both and all draft positions... but picking first makes you VERY dependant on that one player coming up with the goods for you... I wonder if anyone has the time to go back through the Priest Holmes teams and apply his average points to each team the final 6-7 weeks of the season if you wouldn't have seen 9 of the Priest Holmes owners make the playoffs. Were all the #1 pick teams competitive and just a 'Series of Unfortunate Events' lead them out?

What it proves to me (based on what we KNOW Blaylock has done) is that the Priest Holmes owners should have handcuffed him and lost because of THAT not because of his injury. Blaylock was a solid Holmes proxy while Priest was out....

Dyv
The Wonderful thing about Dyv's is I'm the only one!

TamuScarecrow

Post by TamuScarecrow » Thu Dec 09, 2004 2:05 am

I think the biggest detriment to a lot of teams was the jumping overboard with FA money on Lamar Gordon and company the first half of the season. This IMO is where the seasoned players at the national game had a distinct advantage and it showed with the pickups of Droughns, Blaylock, etc. the second half of the season. Perfect choice of FAAB $$'s by Greg and company.
2005 NY/CHI League Champ
2006 CHI#2 3rd Place
2006 Auction Reg Season Champ
2007 TAM#2 2nd Place
2007 Auction Reg Season Champ
2009 LV#5 League Champ
2010 Auction Reg Season Champ
2011 LV#3 2nd Place
2012 LV Classic League Champ

moyer1313

Post by moyer1313 » Thu Dec 09, 2004 8:35 am

More money in the league pay outs.

Playoff between H2H Champion and Total Points Champion, if not the same, would be nice addition.

Mark Moyer
Follow Me
'07 10-3 127.3 ppg $0 Won
'08 11-2 123.3 ppg $0 Won
'09 2-12 129.5 ppg $0 Won

The only team in NFFC Main Event history to win 11 games and not cash. :(

1683.8 pts. in 2009 is the record for a team with just 2 wins. Old record - 1479.95