Players who appear to be busts that you were high on this year

Coltsfan

Post by Coltsfan » Tue Oct 04, 2011 11:45 am

Originally posted by SS:
Yeah, but its not Hernandez's fault he got injured. Still sticking by that though because I think they will target Gronkowski more this year anyway when he comes back.

Bush is a major disappointment! I guess one persons bust is another persons breakout... :confused:

Wayne

texasducks69

Post by texasducks69 » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:10 pm

Originally posted by thegambler:
quote:Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
quote:Originally posted by thegambler:
For me its fflmaster.

Every year I'm fooled again. Every year I'll read his posts, thinking this will be the one where he isn't bashing someone or something.

Every year it just turns out to be a couple more minutes out of my life that I'll never get back. WOW....talk about taking a shot at someone.

God forbid someone says something that the majority doesn't like.

if you pay for something and it doesn't turn out to be what you thought it was, do you just sit by and say "oh well" or do you say something about it? i guess the people here say "oh well".

the worst part about this is that i waste my time reading and responding to stupid ass comments like this from the same stupid ass people
[/QUOTE]I'd say most people are smart enough to know that not every ranking will be correct. Just like evry stock pick doesn't double and every touts pick doesn't cover.

Most people are smart enough to look at a record that has a bunch of hits, and not just bitch about the misses.

Most people are that smart. Not everyone.
[/QUOTE]your right....but when most of those things aren't going right don't you say something? don't you question it?

if you get a bad meal somewhere do you just right it off as a bad meal or do you say something? some people just grin and bear it and don't complain and 99 times out of 100 that is what al does.

if lou is worried about the bad press he can come on here and defend himself....he doesn't need every lackey doing it for him.
[/QUOTE]You just don't get it. This isn't about defending Lou, it's about a couple of brothers who can rarely post with being negative, calling people out or calling people names like "stupid ass" or "lackey".

If you and Al insist on posting just try every blue moon to add something positive or constructive.

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:30 pm

Originally posted by The Yellow Line is Unofficial:
For me its fflmaster.

Every year I'm fooled again. Every year I'll read his posts, thinking this will be the one where he isn't bashing someone or something.

Every year it just turns out to be a couple more minutes out of my life that I'll never get back. WOW....talk about taking a shot at someone.

God forbid someone says something that the majority doesn't like.

if you pay for something and it doesn't turn out to be what you thought it was, do you just sit by and say "oh well" or do you say something about it? i guess the people here say "oh well".

the worst part about this is that i waste my time reading and responding to stupid ass comments like this from the same stupid ass people
[/QUOTE]I'd say most people are smart enough to know that not every ranking will be correct. Just like evry stock pick doesn't double and every touts pick doesn't cover.

Most people are smart enough to look at a record that has a bunch of hits, and not just bitch about the misses.

Most people are that smart. Not everyone.
[/QUOTE]your right....but when most of those things aren't going right don't you say something? don't you question it?

if you get a bad meal somewhere do you just right it off as a bad meal or do you say something? some people just grin and bear it and don't complain and 99 times out of 100 that is what al does.

if lou is worried about the bad press he can come on here and defend himself....he doesn't need every lackey doing it for him.
[/QUOTE]You just don't get it. This isn't about defending Lou, it's about a couple of brothers who can rarely post with being negative, calling people out or calling people names like "stupid ass" or "lackey".

If you and Al insist on posting just try every blue moon to add something positive or constructive.
[/QUOTE]

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 2:37 pm

You should follow your own advice sometimes. It will keep you healthy.

Pretty sure I saw people disagreeing with al without having to take it to where you did.

Great idea for ya.....don't read what we write that way you don't have to be such a rude person.

And point out all of my negative posts besides when I have to deal with you.

Shrink Attack

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:01 pm

Is this argument a carry over from the FFPC MB?

I've noticed that those boards are completely dead...maybe because they became dominated by personal attacks rather than talking football.

We're trying to grow more pure football talk here. Wouldn't want anything to kill that...
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven

fflmaster

Post by fflmaster » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:32 pm

Yellow, dude calm down.

If you read my post I was saying how poor some of my players were doing.

We all believe we are experts and don't rely on any "other so-called experts" rankings.

I was trying to say just like all of us even those who are paid for their advise are wrong this year. However, Lou does need to learn that when you are wrong on your advise be man enough to tell people not to buy that stock anymore. The thing about a good stock broker is they will man up and say it's time to cut our losses and sell.

Lou had some fantastic picks last year with h.nicks and others. He is a great person to ask advise when your on the fence, and I would highly recommend his website to anyone.

This isn't his best year. So what. That is way it happens sometimes.

Just like poker we need to know when to hold a player and when to fold/bench them. This has been my biggest problem.

We shouldn't be going back and forth on something like this. Let's not hijack a fun thread anymore.

Shrink is correct let's keep this about football now.

[ October 04, 2011, 09:40 PM: Message edited by: fflmaster ]
its nice to be the master

thegambler

Post by thegambler » Tue Oct 04, 2011 3:40 pm

i was super high on felix jones this year....but he went so dam early that i only got him in 1 league. lucky me.

still a long way to go....maybe some of these players can turn it around.

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Wed Oct 05, 2011 4:38 am

Im a Cowboys fan but the price for Felix was just too high.Felix just kept moving up the boards and in my classic he we 2nd pick in the 2nd round that's pick 16 overall. [WOW] I dont feel Felix is that Cowbell back that can carry the ball 20 to 25 times again.If he hits these numbers then the odds of getting hurt can happen.I also dont see him being the goal line back but with Barber gone they really dont have anyone so he might get some early but i wouldnt be suprised to see Choice or Murray getting goal line carries.So far everything has gone Felix's way but the fantasy numbers arent there so we might start seeing more of Choice or Murray.I feel Felix should have been a 4th to 5th round pick to get value in the fantasy as in the 2nd round just too many safer pick's.
If Felix can stay healthy and 20 touches a game then ild be wrong. Hope im wrong as a fan.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

SS

Post by SS » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:07 am

Two players I was real high on that forgot to post are Josh Freeman and Mike Williams. Major disappointments there. With both high adp positions they can be considered busts. I'm hoping that Freeman's better game this past week will turn things around for him and Williams but ij don't see him having a good week in Week 5 unfortunately.
2010 NFFC Classic Consolation Bracket 2nd Place

mattjb

Post by mattjb » Wed Oct 05, 2011 5:15 am

*wonders if the black Wes Welker will turn up this week*

:rolleyes: