Tired of FF

renman

Tired of FF

Post by renman » Mon Sep 22, 2008 11:23 pm

The bottom line is this...

When fantasy football results stop hurting... you might as well stop playing...

Someone else made a great point about how we get so reved up for the draft...And there is a huge letdown in the following weeks when games count and things go bad... we do all the preparation... Now with KDS and 3RR we do all kinds of analysis on where on the board we want to be... We repeatedly change our KDS around over and over trying our best to get the right spot... positions are announced... we often then second guess ourselves on our choice... We head to the draft like kids headed to Disney for the first time... We pick our teams... agonize over some of our choices... break down the boards and other teams... and head home for kickoff...

When you are 2-3 weeks in and things go bad early... it can really hurt given what was invested... that is when you dig in... grind your teeth.. and do your best to manage the team back to overcome the bad start and bad luck, injuries, performances, etc..

All this shows is you care...

[ September 23, 2008, 09:11 AM: Message edited by: renman ]

TexasHeat

Tired of FF

Post by TexasHeat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 6:57 am

After drafting the worst team I have had in my 16 years in FF I would have to say yes my interest is at an all time low. My team is just dreadful. And that's WITH Reggie Bush. ugh.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

King of Queens

Tired of FF

Post by King of Queens » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:46 am

What's with all the negativity? I feel like a bucket of cold water was just dumped on the entire hobby.

TexasHeat

Tired of FF

Post by TexasHeat » Tue Sep 23, 2008 7:47 am

I just kicked my dog.
"That's how you become great man, hang your balls out there"

renman

Tired of FF

Post by renman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 9:15 am

King,

I think it is the stakes... I think it makes people much more invested both emotionally and financially... I think it creates much higher highs and lows and when things go bad in this kind of setting people get real down.

My teams are off to horrible starts... however, I believe they are good and when the bye weeks kick in.. I think the strength of my squads will shine through... You just hope that even if people are down, they dig in and try to manage their teams back to being competitive...

Eddiejag

Tired of FF

Post by Eddiejag » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:08 pm

Let me sprinkle a ray of sunshine as this is my best start ever.After last season when i took Cedric Benson in the 2nd round till this day i dont know how i said those words and Lee Evans in the 3rd and my qb was Phillp Rivers who sucked.
Just happy it's not last year.Still too early things can happen and those big time free agents who we dont know yet will be coming like last years group of GRANT,GRAHAM,ANDERSON,and ENGRAM. good luck to all guys starting out slow.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

sportsbettingman

Tired of FF

Post by sportsbettingman » Tue Sep 23, 2008 1:48 pm

Originally posted by SNAKE:
...nothing against LLcoolEddieJ & the rest of the fast and slow starters for that matter BUT it's ONLY THREE WEEKS IN HERE!...if there is but one thing that SNAKE can guarantee it's that things can, and WILL change, and in some cases rather quickly...SNAKE When you do the math...it hurts, SNAKEY.

When you are 0-3...and you have THREE teams in your league at 3-0...and you know those teams will eventually play each other and one will win...making one team essentially 4-0 or 5-0...it's hard to fight for just points...when the record battle is over in three weeks.

I'm not "tired of FF"...but I'm tired of my chances this year, and tired of the team I drafted, I guess.

~Lance

[ September 23, 2008, 07:50 PM: Message edited by: sportsbettingman ]
"The first man what makes a move can count amongst 'is treasure a ball from this pistol."

~Long John Silver

Shrink Attack

Tired of FF

Post by Shrink Attack » Tue Sep 23, 2008 2:49 pm

Originally posted by sportsbettingman:
I'm not "tired of FF"...but I'm tired of my chances this year, and tired of the team I drafted, I guess.

~Lance This is especially true if you feel that your team has no upside.

Yes, it's been only three weeks. It's one thing if you still like your team and you think you'll overcome a slow start. It's quite another if you keep staring at your roster and begin to realize that either your draft sucked, that you made a lot of bad calls, or that the injuries are mounting and that your team has absolutely no juice. In that case, one or two saavy Free agent pickups typically aren't enough.
"Deserve" ain't got nothin' to do with it
---Clint Eastwood in The Unforgiven