Dumb Rule about Free Agents

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Sun Oct 12, 2008 4:30 pm

Originally posted by GOD Loves You:
So now it's style that gets you booted? :confused:

Just because SNAKE's in his own world, does that really mean he needs banned? What country do we live in?

The way Glenn gets treated reminds me of the scene in Monty Python's Holy Grail....when they bring the witch to be burned. That seems to be the kind of trial some of you guys want.

Or better yet, I know most have a Bible...read John 8. there are consequences to everyones action. if you do some potsmoking, don't be surprised when you get busted. if you post in a style contrary to the rules of the MB, don't be surprised when u get booted. fair enough.

[ October 12, 2008, 10:31 PM: Message edited by: Gordon Gekko ]
Is my "weekend warrior" prep better than your prep?

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 1:44 am

I think what God Loves You is saying is that if what Snake says here bothers someone just tune it out. Pot smoking is a federal offense, irritating people on a message board is not. When things get personal.. or threatening.. Then I understand action should be taken. I tune out of ton of this stuff anymore and am not sure if it has gotten overly personal or threatening.

Zeus10,

I understand your frustration. I also see you have been immediately attacked by some on this board. The NFFC is a close knit group and there is a certain "culture" on this message board (not unlike most message boards). So when you come here knocking the product people take it personally. I think if you were to be honest with yourself you would admit you were not 100% certain of how the rules worked (no shame in that). You placed a few bids on TE's ... missed on both.. and then tried to grab a last second replacement. This was not because you got screwed as much as it was due to you not being 100% sure of the rules. Which is totally understandable as they differ from what most newcomers are used to.

I hope you do not judge the entire event/contest as bad because you overlooked something. The NFFC is (in my opinion) the most prestigeous fantasy football competition that exists. If you are passionate about fantasy football.. it is definately something you want to be a part of.
You can let this be a lesson and turn it into something positive.

Just some friendly advice, best of luck the rest of the season...

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:28 am

Originally posted by renman:
I think what God Loves You is saying is that if what Snake says here bothers someone just tune it out. Pot smoking is a federal offense, irritating people on a message board is not. When things get personal.. or threatening.. Then I understand action should be taken. I tune out of ton of this stuff anymore and am not sure if it has gotten overly personal or threatening.
i WISH the nffc boards had the ignore functionality that the wcoff boards have. you add someone to the list and when they post, it comes up as unreadable.

renman

Post by renman » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:50 am

Gekko,

You are a talented guy.. you can be your own ignore button can't you?

By the way.. you are a fantasy football expert.. how would you rate my QB's in the NFFC main?

Bulger, Kitna, Cassel? Impressive?

Gordon Gekko

Post by Gordon Gekko » Mon Oct 13, 2008 2:52 am

Originally posted by renman:
Gekko,

You are a talented guy.. you can be your own ignore button can't you?

By the way.. you are a fantasy football expert.. how would you rate my QB's in the NFFC main?

Bulger, Kitna, Cassel? Impressive? i can and do ignore posts. i'm talking from a MB community level. many can't ignore posts.

those qb's are garbage. did u lose brady or something?

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:12 am

Originally posted by Participant 2137:
quote:Originally posted by stormola:
Hard to have sympathy for someone complaining about rules they didn't even bother to read The poster said he knew the rule, he doesn't like the rule. [/QUOTE]Russ, I agree GG was out of line with the binkie comment, but if Zeus knew the rule then why did he try and make a secondary pick up after he missed on his first two bids?

Hard heads

Post by Hard heads » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:17 am

sorry should have red through the whole thread before posting this as it was already pointed out.

Man I go to the happiest place on earth for a week and come back to Snake being banned and GG not? Very interesting. Very very interesting...

Yoda's S*x Slave

Post by Yoda's S*x Slave » Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:19 am

towards the message board rules can anyone direct?
offend people
want to,,i do not

know participants here
yoda doesn't allow
question for all
gordon gekko,,work for nffc does he not?
HE LIKES TO USE THE FORCE