Week 3 waiver wire bids Post them here

Eddiejag

Post by Eddiejag » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:15 am

Originally posted by Bald is Beautiful:
Eddie, you are incredibly lucky to get Edelman at 88. The others were solid bids with no overspending, but all it takes is one guy like me who will spend a little more to ensure I get the guy to ruin your plans. JACK in my on line 350 league Simms Walker went for 675 to Leroy's Aces and Knox went 559 to Hammerheads.These are two owners that havewon a lot of moneyand paid big to get their guys.
Forsett was another guy i was getting late and got him in 6 of my 13 leagues.
NFBC (NY) auction league champion!
Bad(ass)Angels

He who steps to me in 2005, you better realize you dont have enough jive..... TURKEY!

Old School

Post by Old School » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:50 am

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
P. Thomas is getting closer to 100%, R Bush is healthy for now. Mike Bell is not lost for the season. He'll be back in 3 weeks. Too many IFs for Hamilton to be useful.
i see the other side of the coin...

R.Bush has never been healthy for long. even if he is, he isn't a rb that can get more than 10 carries. the saints are figuring this out. wih lance moore out or at least limited the next couple weeks, they may be using Bush even more as a wr.

something is off with P.Thomas. They played him as a blocker in KICKOFF coverage last week. why would you have your supposed best RB playing kickoff coverage after missing a month with a knee injury. something isn't right here. i read somewhere that Peyton doesn't like P.Thomas much and perhaps this means he's in the doghouse.

M.Bell will be out for a month. the saints lie abut injuries, just like every other team. remember when pierre hurt his knee in preseason. everyone was saying he should be good to go by week 1. well, after week 2 he has ZERO carries and lost first team reps to Hamilton. Don't look for a quick turnaround by Bell. He wants to get back on the field as soon as possible, becuase he sees his window of opportunity closing quickly.

that leaves hamilton as the last man standing. he can get the extra things done that i look for in a feature rb.
1. can catch (led saints in rec in preseason)
2. goaline back (6' 230lbs)

sure he's a powerball ticket, but he's a powerball ticket on the Saints.
[/QUOTE]Dont think so. Over-anlyzing. If Thomas is healthy, he is the workhorse back this year

Captain Hook

Post by Captain Hook » Sat Sep 26, 2009 5:58 am

I have never seen so little in FF pts picked up for so many $$$

botherk

Post by botherk » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:16 am

In a few weeks we'll see who really "won" these bids. The guys who bid the most money and got a stud. Or the guys who got edged out only to have that high-priced player get hurt or underperform, thus saving a lot of faab.
Alge? Braylon? Knowshon?
C'mon parents!

Here are some names for football players.
Ouch, Hitcha, Juke, Blitz

Gordon Gekko II

Post by Gordon Gekko II » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:24 am

Originally posted by Old School:
Dont think so. Over-anlyzing. If Thomas is healthy, he is the workhorse back this year Joe - Show me the last time a workhorse back was on the field as a blocker on a kickoff return? That is a FACT, not analysis.

Diesel

Post by Diesel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:33 am

I got Knox last week for around $50 in my $650 Auction. This guy almost guarantees me another 3rd place finish! YEAH BABY!

I also got Joey Galloway in one of my NFFC leagues this week. Are you guys crazy to drop him? Welker banged up. Edelman banged up. Galloway is improving with each game. He's on his way to 15-20 point games. Don't sleep on him if he's laying there in your free agent pool!

I bid $500+ for Manningham this week and lost to a bid of around $800...CRAZY! Two words fellas...FRISMAN JACKSON. lol
*Ranked #1 Average Fantasy Football Player in the Nation 2004-2013

"Fantasy sports are all about LUCK. Except when I win."

DOOMSDAY

Post by DOOMSDAY » Sat Sep 26, 2009 6:42 am

Drafted Hamilton in one league, picked up last week for $1 in another, and got him for $23 and $31(tied and won) in two others. 4 out of 6 leagues for no risk, im pleased with that after seeing this weeks winning bids.

pizzatyme

Post by pizzatyme » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:44 pm

I feel fortunate that Bill and I got Manny last week for $66.
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:48 pm

Originally posted by Gordon Gekko II:
quote:Originally posted by rkulaski:
P. Thomas is getting closer to 100%, R Bush is healthy for now. Mike Bell is not lost for the season. He'll be back in 3 weeks. Too many IFs for Hamilton to be useful.
i see the other side of the coin...

R.Bush has never been healthy for long. even if he is, he isn't a rb that can get more than 10 carries. the saints are figuring this out. wih lance moore out or at least limited the next couple weeks, they may be using Bush even more as a wr.

something is off with P.Thomas. They played him as a blocker in KICKOFF coverage last week. why would you have your supposed best RB playing kickoff coverage after missing a month with a knee injury. something isn't right here. i read somewhere that Peyton doesn't like P.Thomas much and perhaps this means he's in the doghouse.

M.Bell will be out for a month. the saints lie abut injuries, just like every other team. remember when pierre hurt his knee in preseason. everyone was saying he should be good to go by week 1. well, after week 2 he has ZERO carries and lost first team reps to Hamilton. Don't look for a quick turnaround by Bell. He wants to get back on the field as soon as possible, becuase he sees his window of opportunity closing quickly.

that leaves hamilton as the last man standing. he can get the extra things done that i look for in a feature rb.
1. can catch (led saints in rec in preseason)
2. goaline back (6' 230lbs)

sure he's a powerball ticket, but he's a powerball ticket on the Saints.
[/QUOTE]Good points, GG.

I've never heard anything in regards to Peyton not liking P Thomas. I actually thought the opposite after the job that Thomas did in the second half of last season. But if Thomas played on special teams last week, that is an ominous sign. I 100% agree that M Bell could be out up to one month. I still see Thomas as the feature back based on what I've been reading but if you're right on Hamilton, big props to you on your powerball ticket (as much as I hate to say that). As for this next Saints' game, sounds like it will be 3 rbs sharing carries.

For my online championship teams, my powerball tickets for RB are Forsett and M Moore. I've got one other rb (who is a free agent right now in most leagues) that I'd like to roster but having trouble finding someone to drop.

rkulaski

Post by rkulaski » Sat Sep 26, 2009 4:02 pm

What a great week for FAAB in the NFFC.

Lots of differing opinions.

Like Doughboys said, in a couple of weeks, we'll know a lot more about Knox, Edelman, and Hamilton. Was Sims-Walker the "safest" play for the week? I heard most of his 6 catches and 106 yds came in the 4th quarter when the Jags had to throw.

Keep your fingers crossed Forsett owners. Hopefully he emerges as Seattle's all purpose back.