Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Greg Ambrosius

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:29 pm

Originally posted by Shrink Attack:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
quote:Originally posted by Gordon Gekko:
quote:Originally posted by Greg Ambrosius:
Last one for me, what's your take on the Favre situation? I'm going to post a column about my favorite player tomorrow on Rotoworld.com and basically I'm calling him a fool and stupid for this mess he created. I can't believe what's going on, but trust me that Packer Nation has moved on. I trust those outside of Packer Nation are thinking the same thing, but tell me what this Nittany Lion thinks of all this. :D i'll admit, i haven't been following the farve situation as closely as you, and i hate to say it, but i think he may somehow force the packers to trade him. an AFC team makes sense, but who? the phins? if he stays in the nfc, i think tampa is the heavy favorite. [/QUOTE]Only Baltimore, Buffalo or Kansas City could use a QB in the AFC and none of them are going to the Super Bowl.

He'd play for Gruden in Tampa and that makes the most sense. But would the Packers trade him to an NFC team that could beat them in the playoffs?? I think Teddy is mad enough to let him sit or send him to one of those rum-drums in the AFC. What an ugly situation for all of this and I doubt he will return to Lambeau Field now to have his number retired until the current management is out.

What a mess and he's caused it all himself.
[/QUOTE]Greg...doesn't Favre's current contract still give him veto power over trades he doesn't want?

I think that Favre is really in the driver's (not Donald) on this one. Can't wait to read your article tomorrow on RotoWorld...finally some analysis from a real Packer fan.
[/QUOTE]Sure it does and he won't agree to a trade to a team he doesn't want to play for. I don't blame him. But he's said he won't play for the Packers anymore. He won't be a backup. And the Packers own his rights. Here's his options:

1. REport to training camp and force the Packers' hand. He also creates a media circus around himself, which he knows won't help at all.

2. Demand a trade and not show up for camp, with his agent working with Thompson to engineer a trade.

3. Continue to ask for his release, which isn't happening no way in hell, especially with the news tonight that the Packers filed tampering charges with the league for the Vikings contacting him while he's under contract with Green Bay.

He's not getting released. Plain and simple. He almost sounds like he would like to wear puky purple and beat the Packers. So they're not going to let that happen. He gets traded to a team they both mutually agree to or he stays retired. Plain and simple.

He has like two or three years left on his contract, so he was the fool who walked away from guaranteed money.

Yeah, my whole column is from the perspective of a lifelong Packer fan, a season ticket holder and a Favre lover, who is calling Brett a fool for that interview he did with ol' Greta. What a shame and all of this could have been prevented by him just saying he's probably going to play one more season. How tough was that?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship
Twitter: @GregAmbrosius

King of Queens

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:34 pm

Greg, if you haven't seen it, be sure to check out Stephen A. Smith's report on Favre:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vid ... Id=2378529

pizzatyme

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:44 pm

No chance he felt pressured to give them a decision quickly?
2008- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic.
2009- Didn't finish last overall in the Classic or Primetime.

Greg Ambrosius

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:47 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
Greg, if you haven't seen it, be sure to check out Stephen A. Smith's report on Favre:

http://sports.espn.go.com/broadband/vid ... Id=2378529 I have not looked at it because the last guy I want informing me about this situation is Stephen A. Smith. Maybe you can convince me tomorrow to look at it. I hope he chastised Favre for his actions, which I trust he did, right?
Founder, National Fantasy Football Championship & National Fantasy Baseball Championship

pizzatyme

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:51 pm

I NEVER LIKED BRETT FAVRE! BRETT FAVRE IS A DAMN FOO!!!

Does that sum up SA Smith? :rolleyes:

Greg Ambrosius

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:55 pm

Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:
No chance he felt pressured to give them a decision quickly? No way. Listen, everyone here was down after the NFC Championship Game. But after the Giants whipped the Patriots in the Super Bowl, all you could say was, "yeah, that was a team of destiny and they were the better team in Lambeau that day." Then move on.

Favre had plenty of time to decide whether he wanted to come back or not. And it wasn't asking too much of him to give them an answer before the free agent signing period when they're sitting on $32 million. He could have said "I'm leaning towards playing again" or anything but "I'm done and I don't have anything left." He also didn't need to come up and do the press conference if he was unsure of things.

His family has always felt that Teddy wanted him out and so do Packer fans. He needs to be cuddled, you can see that. Thompson doesn't do that with anyone, certainly not the fans. But Brett is a big boy and he could have played one more year without cuddling from Thompson. After last season, Thompson would have been run out of town if he had chosen Rodgers to start this year over Favre.

Here's one thing I didn't put in the column that I wanted to: Deanna and their two girls came down on the field towards the end of the Seattle playoff game and met him at the runway on the field. It was extremely emotional for the whole family and the first time they've ever done that. I was right in that section of the stadium. That was supposed to be Brett's last game at Lambeau if he was going to retire because the Cowboys were expected to beat the Giants the next day and host the Packers in the NFC Championship Game. They all hugged and took in the moment, almost knowing this was the end for them in Green Bay. One way or another, he wasn't going to play in Green Bay again.

Look into it as you will, but I said right then that they wouldn't have come down on the field in that snowstorm if they didn't want to soak this all in one last time together. Unfortunately, that wasn't his last time at Lambeau as his last pass in overtime is the one we remember now.

But he's not coming back as a Viking. I'm sure of that. :mad:

Greg Ambrosius

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Greg Ambrosius » Wed Jul 16, 2008 4:56 pm

Does that sum up SA Smith? :rolleyes: Thanks for saving me the time. That's what I figured.

King of Queens

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by King of Queens » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:14 pm

Does that sum up SA Smith? :rolleyes: No, he actually attacks the media for continuing "the love affair" with Favre.

pizzatyme

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by pizzatyme » Wed Jul 16, 2008 5:36 pm

Originally posted by King of Queens:
quote:Originally posted by UltimateFFCheatsheets:

Does that sum up SA Smith? :rolleyes: No, he actually attacks the media for continuing "the love affair" with Favre.
[/QUOTE]True, but he goes on to tell Brett Favre to come back or not. He rambles on about the media love affair and how he's tired of hearing how Favre has fun while on the field. He keeps saying he's paid to play. Well, so is everyone else. Favre just happened to show more emotion than others while on the field.

His tone, as always, starts low and rises to a screeching high. I uess he thinks that REALLY makes his point.

There are a lot of guys I don't mind listening to whether I agree or not. Screamin A Smith is not one of them.

Other than that, I liked the piece. :D

[ July 17, 2008, 12:32 AM: Message edited by: UltimateFFCheatsheets ]

Captain Hook

Gekko Chatting NOW!!!

Post by Captain Hook » Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:09 am

Greg - before anyone gets anywhere close to your options above, Favre has to submit in writing a request to rejoin the team - which he still hasn't done. I laughed this morning with his agent saying the ball was in the Packer's court and he and Brett were just waiting for their response - response to what: no paperwork from Favre to Green Bay and all this crap is just speculation because there is nothing else to talk about.....at least until training camps open